Macross Frontier

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

Sheesh!,I did not know that there was that many gay huggers out there.I can tell by all the gay huggers who supports homosexuality it will be required by law for everyone to be gay by the year 2018.

Do us all a favor, check your bigotry at the door.

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

If the Macross LAM is coming out this fall in Japan then I hope it will be a good movie.I do not remember if it is LAM or Cg.Either way I hope it comes out good.No way will I make enuf to go to Japan or enuf time to learn japanese.

What on earth are you talking about?

It's the Macross Frontier movie that's coming out this fall... it's animated. It's a DYRL-esque alternate version of the Vajra War. Macross's creators put their live-action movie project (Macross: Final Outpost: Earth) on indefinite hiatus back in 1996. I very much doubt you'll have to learn Japanese to watch the Macross Frontier movie, since the fansub groups'll be on it like wet on sweat as soon as it comes out. I'd estimate the subtitled version'll hit the torrent sites about two weeks after the fansub groups get ahold of it.

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

I too was sad that I heard that Robotech is dead or comatose because since nothing went on at Anime Expo then Robotech is slowly becoming a waste of time.

And a sad note is that the game will be for cell phones.oh well Robotech was good when it lasted.

's not dead yet... it just lapsed back into that state of "bugger all's coming out" that was in from 1987 to 1999, and 2000 to 2006. Now if Warner decides to pull the plug on the live-action movie, Robotech really will die, because WB's got most of the rights to it now.

No surprise on the cell phone game.
14 years 10 months ago #4415

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Macross Frontier

NOT TO KIJACK THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD

SETO...

Now if Warner decides to pull the plug on the live-action movie, Robotech really will die, because WB's got most of the rights to it now.

ONLY RIGHTS THEY HAVE IS THE RLAM..

HG BEEN PULLING BACK SOME OF THEIR LICENSES AND NOW HAVE COME FORWARD FROM LAST PANEL THAT HG HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE GAME AND WILL WORK WITH WB IN THE FUTURE FOR A GAME REALESE. WB HAS NOT GOT THOSE GAMING RIGHTS YET BUT AS THE MOVIE PRODUCTION PROGRESES THEN IVENTUALLY WE WILL SEE SOME PROGRESS OF A FUTURE RLAM GAME IF WB DECIDES TO TAKE IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 10 months ago #4417

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Adam_Schiller on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Seto Kaiba wrote:

's not dead yet... it just lapsed back into that state of "bugger all's coming out" that was in from 1987 to 1999, and 2000 to 2006.

With respectful disagreement, the '90s were a helluva lot more active for Robotech than things are now, particularly with published stories. Not only was Palladium still making books, but comic companies were making 'em as well and Del Rey was publishing Jack McKinney's novels. Nowadays, fans wait months to hear information about something coming-out years from now (if even then) and from a longtime fan's perspective, putting it nicely would be saying that the current trend is not an improvement over previous "deregulated" years if only for that there's nothing even mildly or cheaply entertaining being produced in the world of Robotech except for Palladium's superbooks-of-whatthefeck.

The interesting, deeper-than-normal question which could be raised, of course, is that with Frank Agrama's age and personal troubles and Robotech's questionable performance in this "new era," is Harmony Gold slowly preparing to find a bidder in Warner Brothers to buy the ownership of the franchise?--Economically, it would make sense if the price could be raised to the right level, as production on Harmony Gold's end has slowed to a snail's pace and a larger company's potential sway with the Japanese Macross owners could realistically create (if successful) a new science fiction franchise on the level of Battlestar Galactica's rebirth or Babylon 5's "more-dramatic alternative to Star Trek" approach. Whether or not Harmony Gold is willing or able to pour any more money into Robotech is truly questionable at this point, so a sale to WB would certainly not be out of the realm of possibility.
Last edit: 14 years 10 months ago by Adam_Schiller.
14 years 10 months ago #4445

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Adam_Schiller wrote:

is Harmony Gold slowly preparing to find a bidder in Warner Brothers to buy the ownership of the franchise?

Y'know, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it were true.

Robotech is in pretty dire straits, and has been for a while now. If the live-action movie is a bit hit (fat chance) maybe Harmony Gold'll turn creative management over to Warner and content themselves with royalties. Now if it doesn't become a hit and they still want to sell it, I can totally see Big West buying the franchise and brooming it to make way for stateside Macross licensing.

Adam_Schiller wrote:

a larger company's potential sway with the Japanese Macross owners could realistically create (if successful) a new science fiction franchise on the level of Battlestar Galactica's rebirth or Babylon 5's "more-dramatic alternative to Star Trek" approach.

Now that is something I can't see happening. Big West was willing to turn down potential worldwide licensing revenue just to thumb their noses at Harmony Gold, who they seem to consider no better than thieves or leeches riding their coattails. I doubt having a bigger company mismanaging Robotech would entice them to help make Robotech a success.

For a long time now I've privately suspected they have ulterior motives for looking their other way on fansubs and refusing to talk license agreements with Harmony Gold... undercutting Harmony Gold by getting their far higher quality shows out there to a much wider audience without worrying about distributors.

Let's face it, Macross Frontier was one of the two most talked-about anime properties worldwide in 2008. The other was Sunrise's Gundam 00. There's no denying that even though Harmony Gold is effectively blocking it from reaching the west on DVD or TV, that it's still just killing their Robotech franchise in popularity and fan interest.
14 years 10 months ago #4446

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re:Macross Frontier

On ep #12 of Frontier and loving it so far. I have been streaming it from animeseed.com to my computer and straight to the big screen tv. I didn't even know of all these different free anime sites existed until last week.
I loved macross zero but thought it was to short, but frontier is making up for that. I may just be dumb, but I don't get this "Robotech vs Macross" thing...or maybe I'm too open minded.
14 years 9 months ago #4789

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Macross Frontier

The Macross Frontier movie web site up
check it out. not much info, unless you know japanese lol

www.macrossf.com
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by isamu.
14 years 8 months ago #5457

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Thanks Isamu,
But according to Seto,the movie is a squashed compiled Macross Frontier series in a movie with a new Vajra battle.SO I already lost interest in it.

And that is why I like Robotech and what Tommy Yune did with Shadow Chronicles,Introduced a new enemy to face Robotech,,and poor macross has to recycle its imaginations and no way to use new imaginations to reboot with another enemy.

It worked well for Do you remember love? but I cannot see how it can work for Frontier.

Just my thots on what I observed on Frontier.
14 years 8 months ago #5458

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Macross Frontier

Dont get me wrong, I like the two series, to it just seems like two different alternate timelines of the Macross/Robotech series:P

yeah I know of the hole retelling of the story,
it doesnt bug me!
and like I said before Macross Frontier is a retelling of Robotech the Shadow Chronicles, you can see the comparisons, its so funny.

but in the end, I like them the same way lol
cant wait to see the movie :)
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
14 years 8 months ago #5462

Replied by save on topic Re:Macross Frontier

isamu wrote:

like I said before Macross Frontier is a retelling of Robotech the Shadow Chronicles, you can see the comparisons, its so funny.

:huh: Are you being serious?
Make Protoculture not War!
14 years 8 months ago #5477

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Macross Frontier

I sincerely hope not.

Macross Frontier is, if anything, a retelling of 'SDF-Macross', not 'RT:TSC'.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 8 months ago #5478

Time to create page: 0.597 seconds