Robotech Art I - History of Anime

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Thoth-Amon on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

Gubaba wrote:

Thoth Amon wrote:

It was a different world back then for researching things. I was rocking the Commodore vic 20 with its cassette tape drive and no internet ;)

Would you say it was easier or more difficult to get stuff from Japan back then?

I was around 12 years old back then. The only stuff I ever got from Japan was the knock-off toys from the flea market. I think it's still hard to get things from Japan. Not that it is hard to find but it it's hard to trust who you are sending money or information to. I have never bought anything even with Paypal from a foreign country. I just hear too many horror stories. Now to answer your above question way more difficult back then...
11 years 8 months ago #19392

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Colonel_Wolfe on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

nice topic, art 1 and art 3 are great books. in many ways the 2 best art books for robotech... guess its not hard when its a 4 man race thou...
"Welcome to the real world, Now you know the dark side of being a hero, don’t you?"
11 years 8 months ago #19393

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

Lobizon wrote:

Gubaba, I want to thank you for this great contribution you have made to RTX.com and certainly the Robotech Art I was a great introduction to the history of anime for those who did not know about this.

SECOND THAT.

GREAT SCANS THERE GUBABA.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 8 months ago #19396

• Gubaba
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

Gubaba, I want to thank you for this great contribution you have made to RTX.com and certainly the Robotech Art I was a great introduction to the history of anime for those who did not know about this.

SECOND THAT.

GREAT SCANS THERE GUBABA.

Thank you both.

I think it's still an invaluable resource.

I wish it had more info about the making of Southern Cross and Mospeada, but I think not much info was available at that time. All of the stuff about the making of Macross, as far as I can tell, was taken from Macross Perfect Memory.
11 years 8 months ago #19400

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

Yeah, brings back a lot of memories. I used to borrow my buddy's copy of RT Art1 all the time so I draw from it and read all the info of RT's Roots.
11 years 8 months ago #19401

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech Art I - History of Anime

I read that when I had that book as a kid. Good memories.
11 years 4 months ago #19828

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds