Zentraedi and Robotech Masters

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

Zentraedi and Robotech Masters was created by Peter Young

We all know that Robotech was a combination of three unrelated original cartoons - hence three sets of alien enemies.

But has there ever been given an in-continuity explanation why the Robotech Masters still seemed to exist as a military force (not just as a ruling cast of military scientists), even after the Zentraedi were created to do the dirty work?

I can think of theories myself, but was there an in-canon reason for it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
6 years 11 months ago #25948

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Zentraedi and Robotech Masters

THE BOOKS AND SENTINEL COMICS EXPLAIN MUCH. BUT THATS BEEN DROPED AS ANYTHING CANON. AND TOMMY'S PREQUIL DONT EXPLAIN MUCH EITHER ON THE PRELUDE TO SHADOW CHRONICLES.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
6 years 11 months ago #25951

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Zentraedi and Robotech Masters

Well you could consider that the Zentraedi were galactic peacekeepers, meanwhile the Masters still had to maintain a "civilian militia" of sorts to defend their homeworld. Perhaps even consider that there were malcontents among their own society, those who disapproved of their exploitation of the Invid, and those insurgents would have to be quelled. This of course would not have required the involvement of the Zentraedi, who were put to better use fighting the Invid.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
6 years 11 months ago #25955

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Zentraedi and Robotech Masters

Here's my theory: Zentraedi were supposed to operate outside the borders of the Tirolian empire. Conquer new territory, destroy external enemies or at least keep them away from the borders.

Robotech masters operated within the borders, to keep the peace and to clamp down any rebellions.

Zentraedi were for offensive operations, Robotech Masters for defensive ones.
And the Robotech masters would be there in case of Khyron-like Zentraedi might turn against Tirol.

One benefit of Zentraedi operating outside of 'civilian space' is that it would be easier to keep them being exposed to 'micronian lifestyle'.
6 years 10 months ago #25990

Makes sense.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
6 years 10 months ago #26003

• Thank you received: 554

Replied by ds55 on topic Zentraedi and Robotech Masters

:laugh: and how about in macross subbed,they were fighting another war another force,who were they?
And in southern cross, they are on planet Gloria. I guess that's Lisa's colonization force. From there to macross 7:-)
Macross forever :D

#Biden not my President!
6 years 10 months ago #26018

ds55 wrote: :laugh: and how about in macross subbed,they were fighting another war another force,who were they?
And in southern cross, they are on planet Gloria. I guess that's Lisa's colonization force. From there to macross 7:-)

So Southern Cross really IS related to Macross? I always wondered about that since they both had Super Dimension Fortress in their titles.
6 years 10 months ago #26019

You could say that although you don't see any of the characters from macross in southern cross and no characters from southern cross in Genesis Rider mospaeda.

#Biden not my President!
6 years 10 months ago #26020

:) :laugh: watching Genesis Climber Mospaeda

#Biden not my President!
6 years 10 months ago #26024

dat theme song tho
6 years 10 months ago #26025

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds