Hello.

• Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic Hello.

DS is right. I've jumped ship... and Memo suggested I try this place.
5 years 2 months ago #26923

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Hello.

This site is better when it comes to free speech lol but it has been pretty dead the last few years. There's but a smattering of us who frequent this site and try to keep it active.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
5 years 2 months ago #26926

Well, I don't wanna be the one who goes to one site to bash another, so lets just say the rules are not enforced there even close to evenly. I don't mind fewer folks. I'm something of a hermit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 2 months ago #26927

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Nah I have nothing against the site or its people either. I even have an account there but the login is buggy and I couldn't log back in so I said screw it and stayed here.

I've even had accounts there dating back to when Shadow Chronicles came out. I wasn't a big fan so I was highly critical and that apparently wasn't allowed. This site is more forgiving of criticisms as I have picked apart that new comic to pieces for trying too hard while butchering a perfectly good story.

That comic also appears to be borrowing story ideas from a Robotech fan's own work and butchering that as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
5 years 2 months ago #26929

I'm not a comic reader. Any comic! So I can't hop in on that debate.

My only problem with Shadow Chronicles was the apparent contradiction between the last episode of the show and it. Also, suddenly skinny little Ariel had bazoongas the size of watermelons!

You really don't want to get me started on the godawful McKinney stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
5 years 2 months ago #26934

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

jeanie wrote: I'm not a comic reader. Any comic! So I can't hop in on that debate.

My only problem with Shadow Chronicles was the apparent contradiction between the last episode of the show and it. Also, suddenly skinny little Ariel had bazoongas the size of watermelons!

You really don't want to get me started on the godawful McKinney stuff.

Those watermelon tits were ridiculous and I heard it was done for fan service or whatever LOL more like fan disservice since it ruined any chance of continuity. That movie was Robotech in name but not in heart. I watched it 3 times just to be sure I hated it and wasn't just in a bad mood when I watched the first two times.

Although I really can't complain since it was that awful continuation that motivated me to become a better writer and do my own thang.

As for the Mckinney novels I've re-read some of them recently but I am curious to hear your gripes about them. I know I don't care for the thinking cap non sense. Oh and end of the circle was a bit of an acid trip too.

5 years 1 month ago #26935

Oh, you done opened that can of worms, did you? Let me collect my thoughts and get back to you on it.
5 years 1 month ago #26938

well shit

my rant about the McKinney stuff vanished
5 years 1 month ago #26939

The thinking caps were just dumb. We see Rick flying many times with no helmet. We even see Rick flying with the helmet on others.

My main issue with the novels has to do with the notion of Zentraedi Extinction, specifically the question of Dana being the only hybrid. If the Zentraedi were so universally hated as McKinney claims, why was Dana even still alive? People have been using the one-drop rule and "nits make lice" to excuse killing children throughout history.

If she's the only hybrid in existence, she's either a valuable commodity or a nasty little freak. Neither of these would be allowed to serve in the military and particularly not on the front lines. (Not to mention that McKinney contradicts himself with the existence of Hirano.)

Emerson as Dana's guardian contradicts the show. Dana repeatedly says he is "your" gaurdian to Bowie. She does not say "our". (Again, McKinney contradicts himself. Dana was also taken in by the spy trio and after they died or were murdered in the Zentraedi Genocide, she went into foster care.)

And poor Leonard goes from just being a jerk in the show to being a xenophobic meglomaniac in the books.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
5 years 1 month ago #26940

I've also written a blog post on the subject. Will include a link here. If it's not allowed, I promise not to be made if it gets taken down.

adventuresinfreeloading.blogspot.com/201...e-ashley-carter.html
5 years 1 month ago #26941

Time to create page: 0.578 seconds