BATTLESHIP 2012

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Maxmapster on topic Re: BATTLESHIP 2012

Looks like Transformers. I knock off maybe? Still looks cool. Wanna see it.
12 years 1 month ago #18486

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by cdha on topic Battleship Similarities

I have to say, after watching Battleship, i have a suspicion that I just can't seem to let go. Is anyone else getting this from watching the movie?

Could this be the "re-imaged" Robotech script that was worked over for so long? Folks, Battleship had a very "quality" script, if you didn't notice. The acting may not have been great, and there were some definite plot holes, but overall, it was a great action sci-fi film. Granted, the script would have had to go through some major changes. And I double WB would have let the public know if they'd conscripted the Robotech material..

I could also really see liam neeson as admiral Glover. And the new face, Tayler Kitsch would have been a shoe-in for a young rick hunter. Not to mention his older brother who get's killed (anyone).

Different story, but all the same story "elements" and in the same order...

Anyway, be interested to hear what other opinions area.

And by the way, why are all of the forum posts at Robotech.com locked up?
11 years 11 months ago #18769

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: Battleship Similarities

I'm not trying to be mean but...Admiral Glover? Is that Gloval's name in a different country's version of Robotech?

I haven't seen Battleship yet but it does look like a fun movie. I was kind of surprised that it's based on the board game since they fight aliens in the movie.
11 years 11 months ago #18770

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: BATTLESHIP 2012

SAME WITH ps99041

I HAVE NOT SEEN IT BUT THERE IS HUGE SIMILARITY'S ALL THE SAME JUST BY THE TRAILERS. ALIEN INVADING EARTH WILL NEVER GET OLD. SO WITH THE REVIEWS IN THEY JUST CALLING IT THAT, "ANOTHER ALIEN INVASION MOVIE" SO NO RUSH TO SEE THIS ONE.

ILL PROBABLY SEE IT THIS HOLIDAY WEEKEND. THEN I CAN GIVE AN OPINION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 11 months ago #18771

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds