Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

• Seto-Kaiba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Seto-Kaiba on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

In the movie Robotech The Shadow Chronicles the items mentioned from Macross are:

Skull Squadron
Protoculture

As I pointed out to you over on Robotech.com, neither of these is a uniquely Macross reference. There are a great many "Skull" squadrons in sci-fi and action movies, and Protoculture in RT is something separate and distinct from Protoculture in Macross.

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

And people from Robotech.com say things like:
"We've established, without refute, that Shadow Chronicles goes out of its way to avoid the stuff HG has no right to (mainly Macross characters and designs). The people who feel HG does have a right should then be the ones bringing some proof to the table. Seeing as they have no proof (since they are wrong) they're just getting petulant."

"Um... yes... that's my point. Maia Sterling is half-Zentradi, yet they go out of their way not to say she's half-Zentradi. They say "half-alien" instead. They're actively avoiding using anything Macross"

And you know what? They're right!

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

I was going to mention the skull patch too but you will bounce and squeek about that too.

A skull and crossbones is not an insignia unique to Macross either. The Navy has had a squadron using that insignia since 1943... the third squadron to bear the insignia (VF-84) was the one Macross's Skull squadron was based on.
14 years 8 months ago #5392
The topic has been locked.
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic ok now for a serious reply

srsly!

I think that Robotech in general should leave behind its macross roots and move on to more originality. I'm not saying the characters from the macross saga should be forgotten, I'm just saying that Robotech is not macross, it is its own story so why not keep it that way?

What the future of Robotech needs, is originality.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 8 months ago #5399
  • Zen72
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Zen72 on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

Hey RT fandom, first post in a discussion!

Pizza wrote about Viper;

“The only way to help is to go away and never come back or rid us of your existance and niether will come to pass because you Robotech haters (pretending to be Robotech fans) will not stop.”

Does this kind of talk make YOU a Robotech fan? Once you yourself insert the “hate” that you constantly complain about from others, your point becomes invalid.

It seems you have a habit that when someone has an opinion that is not to your approval, you, for lack of a better phrase, throw a tantrum. When someone agrees with others who disagree with you , you call them brown-nosers or a** kissers.

I’m all for having your opinion and defending it, but when you add bigotry to it, it stops being one and you AND your argument become irrelevant to the subject. You OBSESS with this need in “owning” others in an argument. You OBSESS with this need to prance around and point out who is a Robotech fan and who isn’t. You complain to your precious mods crossing your arms, pouting your lips, and stomping your feet when someone hits back at you. As the old cliché goes, you can dish it out, but you sure can’t take it.

I’m a Robotech fan and want to celebrate it the way it deserves to be. But you’re a prime example of where fandom stops, and fanaticism begins. Dude, this is a science fiction franchise, NOT life and death. Lighten up. And of course, OMG I’ve dared disagreed with Pizza the Hutt. Do your worst, roll around the ground in a tantrum, have your hissy fit, go cry to someone. It’s what has become expected of you.

You tout yourself as this upstanding Robotech fan yet you can’t grasp the simple concept that someone will disagree with you from time to time.

That’s the true definition of IRONY…

PEACE!

Zen72
14 years 8 months ago #5400
  • Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

*takes a hit*

Lets all like, be at peace man... Be one with nature and love one another as brothers. Woah... i can see my hand man...
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 8 months ago #5401
  • Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

uhh Zen72,,

What?

LoL a typical troll,You claim to be a Robotech fan and yet you are new here!

By the way,I act hate and mean because that is the only logic macross fanboys understand!Want me to show you proof?,Give me a few minutes and I will post a web link that shows macross fans cussing and insulting Robotech fans.

And here is something to think about,Why is it alright for macross fans to act like arse holes but it is wrong for Robotech fans to lower to their level?

Pfft,.you Robotech fan..Nice try,if you were a member here longer or from Rt.com then I would buy your reply.

I be back later with the web link.I hope you read it and call those macross fans out like you did me.then I will see
14 years 8 months ago #5402
  • LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

Last_Valk_Standing wrote:

*takes a hit*

Lets all like, be at peace man... Be one with nature and love one another as brothers. Woah... i can see my hand man...

yeah let's all hold hands and sing songs!
and watch teh dancing penguins till we drop :P

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 8 months ago #5403
  • Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

Hey man.. just chill and have a draw.. We're all friends here. Lets all sit together, macross fans and robotech fans in a circle of brother hood and see past our differences. pulls out another bowl and sits next to HP and puts a beat up record of "It's a small world in the player. It's friendship man, it's like.. beautiful..
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by Last_Valk_Standing.
14 years 8 months ago #5404
  • Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

Well Penguins,
I think no one would hold my hands knowing where I had them recently..

I was checking something on my car and got motor oil and anti freeze-coolant small on them.

So no holding hands..but here is the right song dedicated to the debate that needs to end:

14 years 8 months ago #5405
  • SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech The Shadow Chronicles does mention

And with that this thread is over.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #5406
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds