CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

  • MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

Biollante wrote:

But they've obviously got use of the internet right?


OF COURSE. JUST DON'T ASSUME THEY LOOKING OR POSTING IN ROBOTECH FORUMS EVERY DAY LIKE US. THEY PROBABLY SCAN THE MAIN PAGES AND MOVE ON. I DO THAT WITH MANY SITES. I DON'T BOTHER WITH THEIR FORUMS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 10 months ago #14977

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Richardmvela wrote:

I think the reason no video fo this has been seen is because, judging by the con pics, not many people seem super interested. The pic of the new 2011 footage showed a room where many seats were empty and half the peeps weren't even looking at the screen.

PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO WHAT TOMMY IS SAYING AT THE TIME. AND IT'S A SMALL CONVENTION. LOOK AT LAST YEARS OTHER BIGGER CONS AND YOU WILL SEE MORE PEOPLE.

TO EARLY RIGHT NOW. THE BIGGER CONS ARE MORE NEAR THE SUMMER LIKE MECHACON, COMIC CON, ANIME EXPO..

I personally have a feeling that more people have been alienated than brought in. When you look at franchises like Robotech, the fanbases are much more compact and tend to gather in online communities. And yes while many aren;t active in said communities, I'd be willing to bet most ardent RT fans are in some way. That being said, RT has to understand when the base voices it's thoughts, it is worth listening to more if only to take into consideration and get a feel for where the fanbase is attitude wise.

I DISAGREE COMPLETELY. AS A FAN OUT THERE PROMOTING AS WELL I HEAR MUCH MORE FROM FANS AS WELL THAN JUST ONLINE. THERE ARE MANY MORE THAT DON'T SPEND THEIR TIME POSTING LIKE WE DO.

Still, you don't have to post on a Robotech site to be a Robotech fan. I have tons of friends who remember Robotech fondly and never frequent Robotech sites. However, these fans, though not online all day, definitely are online on a regular basis and find out news about other franchises sometimes before I do. Thus, the internet is an EXTREMELY important source for getting info out to fans. If you put info or promo videos out on the appropriate sites, people will find it. I think the real reason the new clip is being limited to conventions is to simply justify the Robotech Convention Tour presence and Kevin's importance in setting up the tour.
8 years 10 months ago #14979

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • LadyGrimes
  • LadyGrimes's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Posts: 3504
  • Thank you received: 974

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Biollante wrote:

But they've obviously got use of the internet right?


OF COURSE. JUST DON'T ASSUME THEY LOOKING OR POSTING IN ROBOTECH FORUMS EVERY DAY LIKE US. THEY PROBABLY SCAN THE MAIN PAGES AND MOVE ON. I DO THAT WITH MANY SITES. I DON'T BOTHER WITH THEIR FORUMS.


Isn't that usually how they find out the dates about conventions though? By visiting the sites which list that information?
They may not register at the sites but they're still aware of their existence. Don't know how else they would find out HG was coming to a convention near them.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
8 years 10 months ago #14981

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

ps99041 wrote:

Still, you don't have to post on a Robotech site to be a Robotech fan. I have tons of friends who remember Robotech fondly and never frequent Robotech sites. However, these fans, though not online all day, definitely are online on a regular basis and find out news about other franchises sometimes before I do. Thus, the internet is an EXTREMELY important source for getting info out to fans. If you put info or promo videos out on the appropriate sites, people will find it. I think the real reason the new clip is being limited to conventions is to simply justify the Robotech Convention Tour presence and Kevin's importance in setting up the tour.


THEN THAT'S GOOD. NOW YOU GET THE POINT. THE IMPORTANCE IS THAT YOU GET A PERSONAL ONE ON ONE BASES WITH THE FAN. NOT THE JUST FEW LIKE US WHO ARE ONLINE. THERE IS VIDEO, PICTURES AND MUCH STUFF ONLINE... AND STILL PEOPLE ASK THE SAME QUESTIONS REGARDLESS. YOU CAN SEE THAT WITH EVERY VIDEO I PUT UP OF EVERY PANEL. THE NEWS MIGHT BE NEW TO US AND MOSTLY REPETITIVE BUT NOT TO CON GOERS.



Biollante wrote:

Isn't that usually how they find out the dates about conventions though? By visiting the sites which list that information?
They may not register at the sites but they're still aware of their existence. Don't know how else they would find out HG was coming to a convention near them.

SOME DO. BUT MANY FANS ARE CASUAL GOERS. ROBOTECH FANS YES, BUT THEY ALREADY GOING TO CONS REGARDLESS.

TAKE COMIC CON FOR EXAMPLE, FANS THAT GO THERE USUALLY GET MUCH INFO FROM THE BOOTH AND RT.COM PANEL. NOT MANY FREQUENT THE SITE. THY ALREADY ATTENDING THE CON AND PROBABLY BEEN ATTENDING FOR YEARS. MOST PEOPLE THAT I TALK TO ARE FRIENDS THAT I HAVE MEET THROUGH THE YEARS. SOME FACES I FORGET AND SOME NAMES I FORGET. BUT EVEN WITH THE SITE UP AND DATES AN ALL, MANY STILL DON'T FREQUENT THE FANDOM SITES. THEY GET MOST OF THEIR INFO AT CONS. ESPECIALLY THE ROBOTECH TABLE WE SET UP.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
8 years 10 months ago #14984

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

No Memo, my point is that HG should put the preview clip online because it will be seen by a much larger amount of people to generate more buzz than simply going to cons to show it off. Most people at cons are pretty dedicated since they're willing to shell out $20-$30 for 1 day's admission but a lot of people are just casual fans like I said above who have fond memories of robotech and never go to cons but are regularly on the internet. Thus, why market this new feature only on the con tour when you could really generate buzz by doing cons and internet at the same time. Or, though I think marketing at the cons is a requirement, they could skip the cons completely so the HG crew can spend that time actually working on the project. Perhaps the fact that they're only marketing at the cons really indicates how behind schedule they are on the project since they're now saying it'll be completed in 2011 rather than summer of 2011. They don't want to really try marketing it now cause we won't see it for awhile but they want it's presence known so fans get off their back.
8 years 10 months ago #14986

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

ps99041 wrote:

No Memo, my point is that HG should put the preview clip online because it will be seen by a much larger amount of people to generate more buzz than simply going to cons to show it off. Most people at cons are pretty dedicated since they're willing to shell out $20-$30 for 1 day's admission but a lot of people are just casual fans like I said above who have fond memories of robotech and never go to cons but are regularly on the internet. Thus, why market this new feature only on the con tour when you could really generate buzz by doing cons and internet at the same time. Or, though I think marketing at the cons is a requirement, they could skip the cons completely so the HG crew can spend that time actually working on the project. Perhaps the fact that they're only marketing at the cons really indicates how behind schedule they are on the project since they're now saying it'll be completed in 2011 rather than summer of 2011. They don't want to really try marketing it now cause we won't see it for awhile but they want it's presence known so fans get off their back.


ACTUALLY HG SAID TILL THE 2011 IS READY. MANY MOVIES DO THE SAME THING. THEY SHOW IT AT CONS LIKE COMIC CON AND NOT TILL SOMEONE GETS A VIDEO SHOT IT GETS ONLINE. AND WHATS ONLINE IS NOT A PRODUCTION WORK. USUALLY A FINISHED PRODUCT.

EXAMPLE BATTLE LOS ANGELES. SOMEONE GOT A VIDEO SHOT OF IT AT COMIC CON AND WAS NOT TILL A LOONG TIME LATER THERE WAS AN OFFICIAL TRAILER.

JUST THE WAY OF HOLLYWOOD.

YOU CAN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT, BE RIGHT IN YOUR OWN WAY, BUT IN THE END WHEN A PRODUCT IS READY THEY WILL PUT IT UP.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 10 months ago #14989

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

No Memo, my point is that HG should put the preview clip online because it will be seen by a much larger amount of people to generate more buzz than simply going to cons to show it off. Most people at cons are pretty dedicated since they're willing to shell out $20-$30 for 1 day's admission but a lot of people are just casual fans like I said above who have fond memories of robotech and never go to cons but are regularly on the internet. Thus, why market this new feature only on the con tour when you could really generate buzz by doing cons and internet at the same time. Or, though I think marketing at the cons is a requirement, they could skip the cons completely so the HG crew can spend that time actually working on the project. Perhaps the fact that they're only marketing at the cons really indicates how behind schedule they are on the project since they're now saying it'll be completed in 2011 rather than summer of 2011. They don't want to really try marketing it now cause we won't see it for awhile but they want it's presence known so fans get off their back.


ACTUALLY HG SAID TILL THE 2011 IS READY. MANY MOVIES DO THE SAME THING. THEY SHOW IT AT CONS LIKE COMIC CON AND NOT TILL SOMEONE GETS A VIDEO SHOT IT GETS ONLINE. AND WHATS ONLINE IS NOT A PRODUCTION WORK. USUALLY A FINISHED PRODUCT.

EXAMPLE BATTLE LOS ANGELES. SOMEONE GOT A VIDEO SHOT OF IT AT COMIC CON AND WAS NOT TILL A LOONG TIME LATER THERE WAS AN OFFICIAL TRAILER.

JUST THE WAY OF HOLLYWOOD.

YOU CAN COMPLAIN ALL YOU WANT, BE RIGHT IN YOUR OWN WAY, BUT IN THE END WHEN A PRODUCT IS READY THEY WILL PUT IT UP.

I have to disagree. If you watch shows like Entertainment Tonight, almost every show has exclusive previews, or behind the scenes, or some kind of interview to promote movies and series in varying degrees of development and production.
Some major productions create "fake" trailers or clips using unfinished footage, or material from previous films or series.
When major studios/production companies make announcements they are usually accompanied by something visual, be it as simple as a logo in the background or handed out to the press. Often its pictures of stars who will be in it or well known persons working on it.
When they show designs or footage which they don't want online, do you really believe in this age of micro electronics they don't expect someone to steal it? Seriously, while they would prefer some things not come out yet, they are not going to show anything they wouldn't mind being seen online. Then when they take it down it gets them free publicity.
Often when they do show visual material it is handed out to the press and/or soon put online so it can be shown off or linked to. Sometimes its an exclusive which is distributed directly to that site or mag.

So your explanation is not necessarily the way of Hollywood.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
8 years 10 months ago #14993

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Posts: 4615
  • Thank you received: 95

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

rtsurfer wrote:

I have to disagree. If you watch shows like Entertainment Tonight, almost every show has exclusive previews, or behind the scenes, or some kind of interview to promote movies and series in varying degrees of development and production.

THAT'S USUALLY WHEN THERE IS ALREADY NEAR A RELEASE DATE. THEY DON'T MIND SHOWING THAT STUFF. NOW, DO THEY SHOW IT WHILE STUDIOS ARE IN DEVEOPMENT? OR PRE-PRODUCTION?

NO....

WAIT, I THINK LUCAS HAD INTERNET SPYCAMERAS AT HIS STUDIO IN NEW ZELAND I THINK WHILE PRODUCING THE 2ND OR 3RD MOVIE OF THE PREQUELS.




Some major productions create "fake" trailers or clips using unfinished footage, or material from previous films or series.
When major studios/production companies make announcements they are usually accompanied by something visual, be it as simple as a logo in the background or handed out to the press. Often its pictures of stars who will be in it or well known persons working on it.

HEY, DID NOT HG DO THIS WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED A SEQUEL TO SHADOW CHRONICLES? WITH LOGO AND USED VIDEO?

THERE WAS ALSO AN OFFICIAL TRAILER BY HG WITH SHADOW CHRONICLES THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE MOVIE AND NOT WITH ORIGINAL VOICE ACTORS



When they show designs or footage which they don't want online, do you really believe in this age of micro electronics they don't expect someone to steal it? Seriously, while they would prefer some things not come out yet, they are not going to show anything they wouldn't mind being seen online. Then when they take it down it gets them free publicity.
Often when they do show visual material it is handed out to the press and/or soon put online so it can be shown off or linked to. Sometimes its an exclusive which is distributed directly to that site or mag.

ANSWER TO TOP QUOTE

So your explanation is not necessarily the way of Hollywood.

ANSWER AT FIRST QUOTE AGAIN
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 10 months ago #14997

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

I don't know if I'd consider it a trailer for Shadow Chronicles just cause they used the designs. It was a public service announcement and was described as such at the time.
8 years 10 months ago #15004

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Posts: 543
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: CONVENTION INFO FOR SHADOW RISING

ps99041 wrote:

I don't know if I'd consider it a trailer for Shadow Chronicles just cause they used the designs. It was a public service announcement and was described as such at the time.

I didn't consider it a trailer at the time, I thought it was a serious PSA; however, looking at the PSA page which is on the Shadow Chronicles site they call it a trailer in the link, makes me wonder.

www.theshadowchronicles.com/ trailer.php?id=un&lang=en&size=large

How did they pay for the PSA, or did someone finance it?
Did the shuttles in the PSA even make it into SC?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
8 years 10 months ago #15005

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds