ROBOTECH SENTINELS ANIMATION PRODUCTION USED IN 1987 "ZILLION"

• Knightewolfe
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • I''ve been a fan of Robotech since '85
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Knightewolfe on topic Re: ROBOTECH SENTINELS ANIMATION PRODUCTION USED IN 1987 "ZILLION"

I wonder if all 31 episodes of 'Zillon' have been subtitled and if I can find them somewhere.

I remembered watching the first 5 episodes on vhs after renting them from a video store. The only reason I even lookedat Zillion was because I recognized Carl Macek's name on the back of the boxes when I was reading the summery of the show.
11 years 6 months ago #19642

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH SENTINELS ANIMATION PRODUCTION USED IN 1987 "ZILLION"

Knightewolfe wrote:

I wonder if all 31 episodes of 'Zillon' have been subtitled and if I can find them somewhere.

I remembered watching the first 5 episodes on vhs after renting them from a video store. The only reason I even lookedat Zillion was because I recognized Carl Macek's name on the back of the boxes when I was reading the summery of the show.

WELCOME ABOARD KS,

WELL FROM WHAT IS SAID IN WIKI, LOOKS LIKE NOT MUCH CAME OVER

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zillion_%28anime%29

Zillion, full title Red Photon Zillion (赤い光弾ジリオン Akai Kōdan Jirion?), is a Japanese anime television series that ran from April 12, 1987 to December 13, 1987 on Nippon Television in Japan and was produced by Tatsunoko Production and Sega. After the production of the anime, Tatsunoko Production and Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, the producer of Zillion, established Production I.G to obstruct the dispersing of the excellent staffs of Tatsunoko branch which had done actual production. Therefore, Zillion is considered to be Production I.G’s first work. Five of the 31 episodes were dubbed into English and released on VHS in the United States by Streamline Pictures. This anime was featured in the music video for Michael and Janet Jackson’s collaboration Scream.

AND

Adaptations

Two video games have been spawned with the story loosely based on the series with Zillion and Zillion II. An original video animation (OVA) movie titled Zillion: Burning Night has also been released after the success of the TV series. It also left a legacy of becoming the first anime to inspire a video game hardware, namely Sega Master System’s Light Phaser.

Despite the cult success of the video games, the Zillion anime received only a very brief release in the early 1990s in the United States. The first five episodes of the TV series, as well as the Burning Night OVA were dubbed and released on VHS by Carl Macek’s Streamline Pictures line.

In 1993, Eternity Comics published a comic book adaptation, written by Tom Mason, drawn by Harrison Fong, and lettered by Tim Eldred.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 6 months ago #19643

• Knightewolfe
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • I''ve been a fan of Robotech since '85
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Knightewolfe on topic Re: ROBOTECH SENTINELS ANIMATION PRODUCTION USED IN 1987 "ZILLION"

Aww Bummer's man..

I wonder if HG can get the rights to Zillion and will be able to complete the series for those of us in the US. From the episodes I saw, it had promise.
11 years 5 months ago #19678

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH SENTINELS ANIMATION PRODUCTION USED IN 1987 "ZILLION"

NAH, LET IT BE AND JUST GO FRESH. IF HG EVER DECIDES TO FOLLOW THAT ROUT. THING IS THEY WONT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 5 months ago #19683

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds