Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

INTERESTING.

IM LIKING THE WESTER STYLE OF THE COMIC. CLOSE TO A POSSIBLE REBOOT IN LOOK FOR WHATS COMING WITH THE RLAM. THOUGHT THERE ARE NOTICABLE CHANGES TO ITS ANIME COUNTERPART. THERES MORE DETAIL AND THOUGHT THE VERITECHS LOOK A LITTLE BIT MORE FULL AND SAME TIME SMALL. CHIBI? HEHEHE

UN SPACEY LOGO IS GONE AND REPLACED WITH THE UN NAVY.

IT COULD JUST BE POSSIBLE THE ARTIST JUST DREW THIS WAY. STILL HAVE TO SEE HOW THE OTHER COMICS WILL FOLLOW. THOUGHT THE HALO TYPE ARMOR DOES COMES FULL CIRCLE WITH THE CVR ARMOR. THE HUGE GUNS MIGHT SHOW THAT THERE IS A THREAT. POSSIBLE GLOBAL THREAT?

IM PICKING THIS UP. ALREADY GOING FOR THE ONLINE VERSION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
6 years 11 months ago #25949

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 15

Replied by dpvideoigre on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

I like this artwork.
Yes, veritechs from robotech cartoon are slightly
different.The difference in the nose cone is obvious.

The reason for the new design might be related
with complicated licensing issues( Macross VF-1 Valkyrie / Skyfire-Jetfire ).

So, I think that new veritech shares some similarities with this toy:

Robotech Veritech Fighter(Matchbox-1985,Harmony Gold-1992,Playmates-1994)

Maybe the new veritech was also influenced by the
H-8 Global Defender from Independence Day: Resurgence( again - Similarities in the nose cone ).

H-8 Global Defender
6 years 11 months ago #25953
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

It's more the stories I worry about. Drawing will inevitably be different, because of different tastes and standards in present comics and cartoons. But if I won't like the stories, it won't matter how it looks like.
6 years 10 months ago #25993

• Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

Occasionally a picture of a cover gets posted, but has a comic actually arrived at the store yet?

Second question (at the risk of certain individuals going on a rant): covers suggest the original Macross characters will be used. Can think of several reasons why that would be a good idea.... but in retrospect it - probably unintentionnally by HG - also proves the folly of the 2001 non-canon decision.

I mean: Macross Saga is by all accounts more 'already told' than Sentinels could ever be. At least Sentinels had introduced new characters. And any new Macross Saga stories will have TWO sets of canon chronology that limit story potential: Robotech AND Macross.

Somehow I fear they won't even use this opportunity to correct errors - I mean the unnecessary casualties of #37.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes, Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Peter Young.
6 years 8 months ago #26189

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

Peter Young wrote: Occasionally a picture of a cover gets posted, but has a comic actually arrived at the store yet?

Second question (at the risk of certain individuals going on a rant): covers suggest the original Macross characters will be used. Can think of several reasons why that would be a good idea.... but in retrospect it - probably unintentionnally by HG - also proves the folly of the 2001 non-canon decision.

I mean: Macross Saga is by all accounts more 'already told' than Sentinels could ever be. At least Sentinels had introduced new characters. And any new Macross Saga stories will have TWO sets of canon chronology that limit story potential: Robotech AND Macross.

Somehow I fear they won't even use this opportunity to correct errors - I mean the unnecessary casualties of #37.

There's a workaround to this that they are exploiting. It's the reason Rick Hunter, for example, was able to appear in The Shadow Chronicles. In the original Japanese Macross, the character is named "Hikaru Ichijyo", whereas in the domestic version of Robotech, his name is Rick Hunter. Change his appearance, and voila: he is now an "original" character. And TSC Rick looked nothing like Hikaru Ichijyo.

You'll notice in the new comics that the characters have been redesigned. They are familiar, but different. They are essentially "original" characters.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
6 years 8 months ago #26195

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Titan Comics Acquires ‘Robotech’ Comic License and plan new robotech

Well hello to you too Mr. Young

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
6 years 8 months ago #26196

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds