2017 comics

• Peter Young
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 96

Replied by Peter Young on topic 2017 comics

Do not know about the politics - but i'd be gratefull if in future posts, you won't do spoilers :(

Since Gloval was already spoiled: I disliked the ending of episode 37 of the cartoon series. Did not see the point of having so many characters die off-screen. None of the 'Macross' characters were to be seen in the footage of the other two series anyway.

In real life, not every member of a previous mission will re-enlist for futre missions. Gloval could simply have retired, the others might have opted civilian life.

As far as your suspicions: more likely the writer wanted to change details so to pretend the story had a new direction. See IDW: every licensed comic is 'alternate universe' to previous comics. As far as I'm concerned, I would have prefered a re-issue of the original comics, followed by new comics that either picked up right after #37 or at the beginning of Sentinels. We all know what happened. Give us new stories!

I mean, fans have been waiting for it only a decade or three...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alpha Bravo
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Peter Young.
5 years 4 months ago #26653

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic 2017 comics

Brofessor wrote: Hello everyone. The drawing style of Robotech Titan Comics is not pleasant in my opinion. Personally, I just don't care for it. I also don't care for the new reboot or re-imagining. What if the live action movie studios or script writers are working together with Titan? What if this Titan Comic is pre-promotion for the live action film? What if this Titan Comic was inspired by the live action film script? What if this Titan Comic is a test market or marketing research for the live action film? If so, we're all screwed. Lol!

I enjoy discussing things in the appropriate Forum category of Robotech discussion and not Cannon Fodder. Please do not insert any political implications into the following discussion. Please do not move this Topic to Cannon Fodder. The moderators feel I am political and moved my Topic about Robotech to Cannon Fodder I am simply stating facts below and asking for opinions.

Brian Wood is the Titan Comics writer. Have you guys all read online about Tess Fowler in 2013 accusing Brian Wood of sexual harrassment in 2005? Do you feel Brian Wood is using Robotech to rehabilitate his image in the eyes of society? Is Brian Wood virtue signaling? He seems to be empowering the female characters and making them more assertive and aggressive while killing off Gloval, the patriarch, and emasculating Khyron, the warrior. I'm not sure what is happening with Roy yet.

Making the female characters more assertive wasn't necessary and it just comes across as virtue signaling. Nor did we need to see Khyron emasculated. Or is the writer hinting at Breetai's BSDM fetish? Seems he's all for progressiveism :sick:

Killing off Gloval also pissed me off because it was only done in order to prop up Lisa. In fact he was portrayed as such a useless character that was expendable from the beginning. How truly disappointing.

I honestly don't understand the direction of this new story but I don't like it at all. It's one thing to try and reboot Robotech, but it's an entirely different thing to crap all over it in the name of progressive shit and virtue signaling to the asses.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
5 years 4 months ago #26660

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic 2017 comics

Peter Young wrote: Since Gloval was already spoiled: I disliked the ending of episode 37 of the cartoon series. Did not see the point of having so many characters die off-screen. None of the 'Macross' characters were to be seen in the footage of the other two series anyway.

In real life, not every member of a previous mission will re-enlist for futre missions. Gloval could simply have retired, the others might have opted civilian life.

Check this:
File Attachment:

Everyone on the bridge died, except for Lisa. She casually blows it off that they pushed her out of an escape pod at the last second.

There are numerous holes in this explanation. Why was there only one escape pod? Why didn't Gloval sit on her lap? Why was the bridge completely intact?! Khyron's cruiser hit it in the arm. Everyone should have been just fine.

What REALLY happened was Lisa executed them all.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 4 months ago #26674

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

After reading the newest issue I'm like

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by LadyGrimes.
5 years 4 months ago #26680

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic 2017 comics

Brofessor wrote: All good points. I just take issue with dissecting plot devices intended to create drama or resolution. In this case the plot device is the death of all so as to save the one they have pinned all their hopes upon. They pass the baton to Lisa. It demonstrates the nobility of the bridge crew. This tragic scene inspires the viewer. Every story arc must have a conclusion with no loose ends. Macross was a stand alone cartoon falsely blended into 2 other stand alone cartoons by Carl Macek. The Japanese writers of Macross were simply bringing their saga to a tidy end for the viewer. I'm not sure what the English subtitles of Macross are. Is the whole escape pod thing the same or did Macek invent all that?

In the original Japanese 'Macross", everyone survived.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
5 years 4 months ago #26691

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master

Brofessor wrote: I guess I'm dumb. What does the salt shaker indicate? :huh:

It means I am salty.