• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ANALYZING ROBOTECH BY EPISODE... EPISODE 1

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

REFLEX WEAPONRY...

SO BREETAI PLAYS IT CAUTIOUS OVER THE HUMANS WHEN HE SEES ZOR'S SHIP ON EARTH OVER REFLEX WEAPONRY. WHY WOULD HE BE SCARED OF IT SINCE MOMENTS BEFORE HE SAID THAT THE HUMANS DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SPACE WAR TACTICS?

you want a srs discussion about this? I'm game
*cracks knuckles* Digging deep into my cranium of Robotech knowledge, it's a simple explanation really. Why was Breetai afraid of it? Easy... while he claims that humans know nothing about space war tactics, that doesn't rule out the idea that the humans may know how to use the SDF-1's weapon system against them. Breetai notices that it has been rebuilt, and based on his past, he knows what it is capable of. It doesn't take space war tactics to know how to aim and blow shit up ;)

So it's only normal that he would be cautious around them
besides what he said was based on assumptions anyway

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #12305

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:ANALYZING ROBOTECH BY EPISODE... EPISODE 1

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

1. WHATS THE DEAL WITH RICK AND THE MILITARY FOR STARTERS. ROY MAKES A COMMENT ABOUT SHOOTING DOWN A NUMBER OF ENEMY AND RICK HUNTER FEELINGS OF IT COMES OUT.

CAN THIS BE OF THE GLOBAL WAR? HE TO YOUNG TO UNDERSTAND?

Because, common sense prevails in humanity. The Global Civil War, a protracted multi-sphere conflict on everyones doorstep. Just like in real world, WWII ended in 1945. The majority of the allied forces were still being stationed up until 1957, over a decade, before there was a reduction and the now current S.O.F.A agreement structure. Some nations, to this day, are still paying off the debts incurred. I mean it was only in 1994 did the BG Gas works in London(Docklands-the place they filmed Full Metal Jacket), was reclaimed from abandoment in the 1940's.

So Rick hunter, as a child, after the war, would have been caught in the aftermath, the major loss in the population, then having his big brother, stating the number of people he killed. Yeah I'd call him on it too.

2.DOES RICK HUNTER AVOID LOOKING AT GIRLS? HE SURE IGNORES MINMEI ENCOUNTER WHEN ROY IS CHECKING HER OUT.

He's still a little disaffected by Roy. Its only when he is asked if he wants to look at a plane, does Rick seem sociable to Roy. Plus I doubt Rick would want to take the time to 'play' with girls. I mean its not like its the end of the world, at that point.

5.ROBOTECHNOLOGY MAKES THING POSSIBLE. FLYING CLOSE TOGETHER WITH ONLY YARDS BETWEEN THEM. BUT RICK HUNTER FLY'S FEET BETWEEN THEM EVEN MORE.

Its been happening since Waldo's flying circus, lol. The 'playing chicken' sequence, when Roy mentions it, is one of the oldest aerobatic tricks in the book. Originally, the two planes would fly to each others side, at a fair distance, using the optical illusion that they are passing each other at close range, to people on the ground. Modern advances through the decades, have allowed planes to do it for real, and for quite a while. Accidents are quite rare given the amount of shows, and practice teams do, but it can happen(Earlier this year a BAe Hawk of the Red Arrows crashed after performing this trick. all concerned survived)

As for Rick, being an ameture champion for years, this would be second nature, and if there was any real danger, the other planes would have safely abandon their performance in that trick.

6.BREETAI WORRIED ABOUT REFLEX WEAPONRY?
WHATS SO SPECIAL ABOUT REFLEX WEAPONRY?

REFLEX WEAPONRY...

SO BREETAI PLAYS IT CAUTIOUS OVER THE HUMANS WHEN HE SEES ZOR'S SHIP ON EARTH OVER REFLEX WEAPONRY. WHY WOULD HE BE SCARED OF IT SINCE MOMENTS BEFORE HE SAID THAT THE HUMANS DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SPACE WAR TACTICS?

Reflex weaponry, being the probable apex destruction weapon in the eyes of the Zentraedi, does not need a tactic other then assured multiple launch targeting.

If one small ship could destroy the Zentraedi Command ship in a single strike, imagine what would have happened if Gloval deployed against the fleet from the outset? Sure, the attacking zentraedi fleet would have been wiped off the cosmos, but I'm sure Dolza would retaliate, not just with the grand fleet, but every other recon, deep probe, supply, and maybe even call up the Masters, and wipe the entire solar system.

Mutually Assured Destructive Warfare,
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by khoroshen. Reason: quote tag issues.
13 years 11 months ago #12308

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:ANALYZING ROBOTECH BY EPISODE... EPISODE 1

Concerning the close pass made by the VT's at the opening airshow also consider this.

They were trying to demonstrate the advances in Robotechnology without actually showing anything. Most of the Robotechnology that mattered was the ability to shift forms and such. That was classified. So you take a few futuristic lookin fighters and a crowed of dont know anybetter civilians and pull out an old standby infront of an already excited crowd. This is how i've always looked at that particular bit.

Baffle them with ... well you know lol!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
13 years 11 months ago #12310

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ANALYZING ROBOTECH BY EPISODE... EPISODE 1

DAMN. I AM TO EASY ON YOU GUYS.

OK, LETS PICK UP SPEED...

SO THE SDF1 "BREAKS THROUGH THE FABRIC OF HYPERSPACE"

SO WHO KNEW ABOUT IT WHEN YOU FIRST SAW THE SHOW. BEING A SW FAN I FIGURED THERE MIGHT BE OTHERS JUMPING OUT (WHICH EVENTUALLY DID).

GIVE YOURSELF A POWER UP NERD LEVEL IF YOU KNEW BACK THEN WHAT IT MEANT.

SW FANS HAVE THEIR OWN DEBATE OVER IT.
boards.theforce.net/tucson_az/b10146/24371043/p1/

:)

BUT THE ZENTRADI TRAVELED DIFFERENTLY. THIS I COUGH AND HAD TO LOOK UP BACK IN SCHOOL. "ZENTRADI BLAST THROUGH WARP HOLE FROM DEEP SPACE" AND FOLLOWING ZOR'S SHIP THROUGH A TIME AND SPACE CONTINUUM. THAT WAS A WTF MOMENT FOR ME BACK THEN.

BECAUSE QUESTION I HAD BACK THEN WAS... WHAT THE HECK OR WHEN THE HECK DID THE SDF1 TIME WAS WHEN GOING THROUGH A SPACE CONTINUUM?

SPACEBALLS AND THE MOVIE BEING OUT BEFORE THE END OF FILMING?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 11 months ago #12323

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

GREAT POINTS FROM EVERYONE. OTHER THAN SHEN... :blink:

I'LL GIVE HIM A PASS SINCE HE POSTED ABOUT ONE OF MY FAVORITE WAS MOVIES.

NOW YES, I AGREE THAT BREETAI WILL HAVE TO SIT BACK AND SEE HOW MUCH THE HUMANS HAVE TAKEN FROM ZOR'S SHIP AND IF POSSIBLE AS WELL TO RETURN A GOOD FIGHT. NOT JUST FOR HIM TO WALK INTO A TRAP. CONSIDERING HE SENT IN THE SCOUTS IN FIRST JUST IN CASE SOMETHING SPRUNG UP.

AS FOR RICK. KUDOS ON THE GREAT REPLIES. I SALUTE YOU ROBOTECH FANS. RICK IS JUST A KID. ALL HE HAS KNOWN IS THE CIRCUS AND FLYING ENOUGH TO WIN 8 AMATEUR COMPETITIONS.

IT ALSO LOOKED LIKE HE WANTED TO TALK ROY INTO GETTING BACK WITH THE CIRCUS. TO ME IT FELT LIKE HE WAS SEARCHING FOR AN ANGLE OR A DOOR TO GET HIM TO CHANGE HIS MIND. OF COURSE ROY HAD OTHER THINGS IN MIND... ROBOTECH IN HIS BLOOD, HIS OWN KILLS.. AND GIRLS.

THEN YO HAVE THE FLYBY BY RICK AND THE JETS. WAS IT LUCK? NO. HE DOES CLAIM HE LEARNED THAT FROM AN ACE PILOT LIKE ROY. SO THERE MIGHT BE MORE THAN ROBOTECHNOLOGY TO GET THINGS DONE. OR... MAKE THINGS POSSIBLE.
13 years 11 months ago #12324

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:ANALYZING ROBOTECH BY EPISODE... EPISODE 1

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GREAT POINTS FROM EVERYONE. OTHER THAN SHEN... :blink:

Prey tell what you mean by that. Secondly, in future, Khoroshen, or even just K. not 'shen.
13 years 11 months ago #12325

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

OK. COOL K.

khoroshen

Prey tell what you mean by that.

OVER THIS...

I mean it was only in 1994 did the BG Gas works in London(Docklands-the place they filmed Full Metal Jacket), was reclaimed from abandoment in the 1940's.

FOR A MINUTE FIGURED YOU WERE GOING TO START TALKING ABOUT THE REPERCUSSION OF WWII AND LAND TITTLES.... HISTORY LESSONS. :P

BUT SINCE FMJ WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES DID NOT MIND.

NOW BACK ONTO ROBOTECH. HARD TO GET AN ANGLE ON WHAT THE GLOBAL WAR LEFT BEHIND. GOING INTO WHAT KHOROSHEN SAID, IN TODAY'S TIME IT WAS OVER LAND TITLES AND SUCH. BUT THEN IN THE STORY OF ROBOTECH THERE WAS A BIGGER FISH TO FRY. THAT WAS THE SDF-1. AND IT'S TECHNOLOGY. AND A BIGGER THREAT.

GOING ON EPISODE I, I SEE THAT YOUNG RECRUITS ARE JUST COMING OUT OF THE ROBOTECH ACADEMY AND AS THE NARRATOR SAYS. GLOBAL WAR MUST HAVE TAKEN UP THE TOLL ON HUMANS.

SO WITH THE SDF-1 HOW OLD WOULD THAT THING BE? CONSIDERING TIME WAS A FACTOR ON IT. AND THE CREW. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE CREW? DID THEY ALL JUST DIED? OR GOT OLD WHILE THE SDF-1 WAS IN A TIME CONTINUUM?

WARP HOLES, BLACK HOLES, TIME FABRICS, WORM HOLES, TIME TRAVEL

13 years 11 months ago #12334

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds