On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and products

• blackconvoy_D01
  • blackconvoy_D01's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and products was created by blackconvoy_D01

From 2008 til 2010, I can say I've averaged about almost over $2,000.00 in product purchases from HG's Robotech brand, and official Macross/Mospeada lines. Including toys, comics, literature, dvd, and other forms of media. Past and present.

Just out of curiosity what have you guys blown on the HG brands?
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by blackconvoy_D01.
12 years 11 months ago #16477

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

20 smackaroos

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
12 years 11 months ago #16479

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

From 2008 til 2010, I can say I've averaged about almost over $2,000.00 in product purchases from HG's Robotech brand, and official Macross/Mospeada lines. Including toys, comics, literature, dvd, and other forms of media. Past and present.

Just out of curiosity what have you guys blown on the HG brands?

HG stuff? A fair amount.

First, I bought the comics, but I only got the first six issues of each of the three Comico series that came out. I also bought the first 18 novels (although for the life of me, I can't remember why. They started bugging the hell out of me with the first book), and all the volumes of the Robotech Perfect Collection that came out. I also bought the AnimEigo DVD set of SDF Macross, and the first few volumes of the ADV rerelease. So that's a few hundred bucks right there.

That said, I haven't bought anything with the "Robotech" name on it since the Perfect Collection went under, about 18 years ago.

I never collected the toys, but for the model kits, I always bought the Japanese ones. They were cheaper, and there was a lot more variety.
12 years 11 months ago #16480

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

HMMM... COLLECTED SINCE DAY 1

COMICS, TOYS, VHS TAPES, DVDS, BOOKS, RPGS AND SUCH..

SPENT A LOT AND STILL SPENDING NOW.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 11 months ago #16485

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HMMM... COLLECTED SINCE DAY 1

COMICS, TOYS, VHS TAPES, DVDS, BOOKS, RPGS AND SUCH..

SPENT A LOT AND STILL SPENDING NOW.

Curious what you could still be spending money on now as HG hasn't really released anything new for awhile. I guess you could get multiple wrist bands and wallets though.

I think the more interesting question is: How much of your collection have you gotten rid of? I sold all my Toynami toys from Morpher to Super Poseables to Masterpieces except the New Generation stuff. Sold all my old Matchbox toys except the giant SDF-1. I've pretty much limited my collection to Japanese imports only since Japan's the only place where we consistently get new products. Not having the "Robotech" logo on my toys doesn't bug me since Toynami is pretty much doing the same thing nowadays.
12 years 11 months ago #16498

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

Last five years, less than $100. I spent more on Japanese equivalents and older stuff like Matchbox toys.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 11 months ago #16502

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

ps99041 wrote:

Curious what you could still be spending money on now as HG hasn't really released anything new for awhile. I guess you could get multiple wrist bands and wallets though.

THERE STILL ROBOTECH OUT THERE TO COLLECT. MY SPENDING IS NOT LIMITED TO JUST NEW STUFF.

ALSO I WAIT ON PRICES TO GO DOWN ON SOME ITEMS. PRETTY SOON I WILL CUSTOMIZE ME SOME OF THE CHEAP COST TOYS LIKE WHAT BASTIEN HAS DONE.

AND SINCE I COLLECT... I NEVER SOLD ONE THING.

;)
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #16505

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

I'd have to say a fair amount. A few MPC's here and there, DVD's games, and classic RT toys. Wouldn't say in the region of $1000+ but near to it.
12 years 11 months ago #16511

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

Enough to warrant a second mortgage ;)

The wife hates it, but I call it a shrine. :laugh:

But hey atleast i'm not a hoarder since my Robotech/Macross items are in the shed I've built specifically for my collection.

You can be surprised at what you can fit inside a 10x12 aluminum shed. LOL!

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MaverickLSC.
12 years 10 months ago #16516

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: On average, how much have you spent on official lic. Robotech toys and produ

That's a large number... between the Original comic book art pages, animation cels, comics, action figures, model kits, multiple dvd sets, and the list could go on and on.. the amount gets into the thousands... and then if you throw in my Macross collection... it goes up from there.

Now That being said I will say I do look for deals. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I take a lot of time researching what I want to buy and I can take years waiting for just the right time to buy. So even though I've spent a lot on my collection... What i've spent doesn't out weigh my collections value. ;) I'm a smart collector.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 10 months ago #16519

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds