The Walkers of Alexandria (a TWD fan fic)

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walkers of Alexandria (a TWD fan fic)

I agree killing off Carl was plain stupid and it really hurt the show. honestly the major death at the end of Season 8 should have been Morgan. Morgan is the one who built the jail cell Negan gets put in, and it would have made more sense if Rick spared Negan's life to honor Morgan.

They had the perfect setup and they blew it. I will never forgive Gimple or AMC for what they did to Riggs.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 4 years 3 weeks ago by LadyGrimes.
4 years 3 weeks ago #27520

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jeanie
  • jeanie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walkers of Alexandria (a TWD fan fic)

Morgan would have made a lot of sense. I'm glad he left, though. I groaned audibly when he started showing up in the after-credits scenes way back when. This new season ain't given me much yet for Gabby's memoirs.... and damn COVID-19 had to eff up the finale.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyGrimes
3 years 11 months ago #27646

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic The Walkers of Alexandria (a TWD fan fic)

I think the one time after credit appearance would have sufficed. I was glad that Morgan had changed his mind and wanted to join Rick's group, but that episode "Here's Not Here" was such an emmy grabbing attempt it was obnoxious, especially the placement of that episode AFTER making the audience think Glenn was eaten alive by walkers.

But I hate that they set it all up with Morgan being the one to impact Rick the most, and then just let it fall into the shitter by killing off Carl instead and having him write these letters asking for peace. It was just a half assed attempt to save their own asses I can't even take it seriously as a major character death. The mistreatment of Chandler Riggs only adds to that fuel.

Also I haven't been catching up with the second half of season 10, from what I hear the show is following the comic again. Which is interesting because I stopped reading the comic around this point too because the story got so damn stale. I just wish this series hadn't shot itself in the foot so many times.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
3 years 11 months ago #27656

• jeanie
  • jeanie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 106

Replied by jeanie on topic The Walkers of Alexandria (a TWD fan fic)

I don't know the comic much, just the basic outline. So I can't really say. But it does appear at least the broad strokes are being followed.
3 years 11 months ago #27670

Time to create page: 0.296 seconds