hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

• spark300c
  • spark300c's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

here is question. if shadow rising is indeed in production why keiven does not anything about it on the forms?
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by spark300c.
9 years 11 months ago #20986

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

spark300c wrote:

here is question. if shadow rising is indeed in production why keiven does not anything about it on the forms?

HE HAS MANY TIMES AND AT CONS. IT'S IN ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT.

NO RELEASE DATE OF COURSE.

NOW THAT BEING SAID, JUST POINT BLANK ASK HIM WHAT PART IS IT IN THE ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT. NO RUNAROUNDS, JUST STRAIGHT QUESTION ABOUT SHADOW RISING.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
9 years 11 months ago #20987

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

You guys seem to be getting off key topic. I would agree with the original post. HG hasn't done much consistantly with the Robotech franchise in years. They seem to just release videos and updated videos of old videos etc. NO NEW MATERIAL hardly ever. HG seems to string its fans along with so called future project etc. They haven't produced any good anything since Shadow Chronicles. RLLA in my opinion was a FLOP!!!! Seems like a lot of hype and work went into nothing really new an exciting. Just a few new clips and voice overs. This is just my opinion. I will leave with this thought/opinion. I have been a huge Robotech fan since the beginning. I have been extremely disappointed with HG ownership and commitment to the franchise and their fans. I can only imagine if HASBRO had the right to Robotech what they would have been able to produce for the fans. We would have a fantastic line of toys as well as probably three movies by now. My advise to HG is due the fans a favor and sell the Robotech rights to a company that is willing to take Robotech to the next level.

This is just MY opinion!!!!!!
9 years 11 months ago #20988

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

Bernard21 wrote:

I can only imagine if HASBRO had the right to Robotech what they would have been able to produce for the fans. We would have a fantastic line of toys as well as probably three movies by now. My advise to HG is due the fans a favor and sell the Robotech rights to a company that is willing to take Robotech to the next level.

THEY DID. THEY SOLD THE MOVIE RIGHTS TO WB.
ALWAYS SAID IT WOULD TAKE A LONG TIME. THE DIRECTOR CHOSEN IS WORKING ON ANOTHER PROJECT. EITHER HG CAN WAIT 2 YEARS OR JUST SELL THE RIGHTS TO ANOTHER INTERESTED PARTY. WHICH WE COULD POSSIBLY WAIT EVEN MORE YEARS.

I DO THINK IT WAS A MISTAKE FOR HG TO PUT THEIR CHIPS ALL ON WB PRODUCTION WHEN THEY COULD HAVE STILL DONE SHADOW RISING.
9 years 11 months ago #20989

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

To call HG just a license company is a little unfair. They don't just lease RT to other companies plays no part in it. They collaborate especially with their recent comics. In the past yes HG allowed creative freedom with licensees by not participating with their projects (comics, RPGs, novels. etc.)but it's different now...
9 years 11 months ago #20990

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

Bernard21 wrote: You guys seem to be getting off key topic. I would agree with the original post. HG hasn't done much consistantly with the Robotech franchise in years. They seem to just release videos and updated videos of old videos etc. NO NEW MATERIAL hardly ever. HG seems to string its fans along with so called future project etc. They haven't produced any good anything since Shadow Chronicles. RLLA in my opinion was a FLOP!!!! Seems like a lot of hype and work went into nothing really new an exciting. Just a few new clips and voice overs. This is just my opinion. I will leave with this thought/opinion. I have been a huge Robotech fan since the beginning. I have been extremely disappointed with HG ownership and commitment to the franchise and their fans. I can only imagine if HASBRO had the right to Robotech what they would have been able to produce for the fans. We would have a fantastic line of toys as well as probably three movies by now. My advise to HG is due the fans a favor and sell the Robotech rights to a company that is willing to take Robotech to the next level.

I'd hesitate to even say RT:LLA is a flop. Because it is sold in bundle with RTSC. 2+1 packaging. RT:LLA was made presumably at a much .. much lesser cost as compared to RTSC.
9 years 8 months ago #21066

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

spark300c wrote: here is question. if shadow rising is indeed in production why keiven does not anything about it on the forms?

Yeah, it is in 'production' .... the Hollywood term for it ... 'development hell' ....
9 years 8 months ago #21067

HAHAHHA
9 years 8 months ago #21074

Replied by Bernard21 on topic Re: hg is when come to robotech is mostly license company

Memo,

Not sure about your reply to my post!
I said, ( I can only imagine if HASBRO had the rights to Robotech what they would have been able to produce for the fans).
You replyed that they did have the right and sold them to WB??? When did HASBRO have the rights to ROBOTECH???

As far as RLLA is concerned I believe it was a FLOP regardless of how many copies it may have sold! They hyped it up and marketed it as NEW. I will admit, I rushed out and bought a copy like I am sure a ton of people did! Then I was completely disappointed like I am sure other were. I am just wondering when they plan to re-release it with some new song then re-re-release it again with never before heard commentary!!! LOL

I'm about as big a ROBOTECH fan as it gets but lets face it, HG has done little over the past 25 years to improve its fan base or keep its exsisting fan base other then release, re-release, re-re-release etc DVDs. hardly any new content to show true dedication to the franchise or its fans. It is time for a Robotech over hall and get fresh thinkers and DOERs at HG.

(JUST MY OPINION!!!)
9 years 8 months ago #21088

WAS REPLYING TO THIS....

Bernard21 wrote: My advise to HG is due the fans a favor and sell the Robotech rights to a company that is willing to take Robotech to the next level.

9 years 8 months ago #21092

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds