I Like This Site!

• sanman
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 0

I Like This Site! was created by sanman

Hey,

I've just arrived on this site, and I'm really impressed by all the features! No really, I'm not just saying that - the layout and design are cool, and the forum has some of the newer Web2.0 features. This is great!

Hey, any chance you'll think of embedding some Flash? Maybe you could hold a contest to get some submissions of Flash art or even games.

I was looking at some of the cool fanart being showcased, and I like the gallery feature.

[EDIT: Gee, I just noticed a lot of discussion forums that I didn't spot at first. Nice selection there, too!]
Last edit: 14 years 9 months ago by sanman.
14 years 9 months ago #4600

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:I Like This Site!

HEY THANX MAN...

ALL THE HARD WORK OF DAVID A.K.A. SIGHUPNULL OF THIS SITE.

ALL VOLUNTEER AND WHEN HE HAS TIME HE WILL THROW IT IN. LOOKING AT SOME MORE MODIFICATIONS AS THE SITE GROWS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #4739

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:I Like This Site!

Ha!
The best part about this site is that you are not stalked and hounded by pathetic so-called moderators (who worship the rt.com tou like a bible) from rt.com who "bones" you for minor tou violations and political topics and yet do nothing about the real troublemakers at rt.com but here anything goes like Backyard wrestling..the only sucky thing about this site is that the sad "karma" options,,it should be romoved but heck I see you got negative 12 Karma..The admins should remove it to prevent problems.

Too bad someone has more negative karma than me.I thot I was the ultimate butt-hole on these sites since I am realizing that Robotech is becoming like a dry old mummy and not giving into the lies of a false rumor of a Robotech LAm and Shadow Rising..
14 years 8 months ago #4741

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re:I Like This Site!

LOL

The best part about this site is that you are not stalked and hounded by pathetic so-called moderators (who worship the rt.com tou like a bible) from rt.com who "bones" you for minor tou violations and political topics and yet do nothing about the real troublemakers at rt.com

I hope you werent' referring to me ;)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
14 years 8 months ago #4742

• Pizza-the-Hutt
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Pizza-the-Hutt on topic Re:I Like This Site!

Evil smile with smug reply:
Maverick,That was retorical of you,you and other moderators there are as useless as a screendoor on a submarine because I see how you only pick the ones you want to mess with and who to enforce rules with.and your patheticness of a moderator is clearly seen when you boned Jeebers but done nothing about rhade and other crap talkers and troblemakers at RT.com so no need to say differently because I am sure your quality is based on canadian standards (according to Southpark canada is to blame) only one level headed moderator there at RT.com is respectable but I will not say his name because I would hate to stir some sort of gossip.

But now that I am back I might poke into RT.com but now that I called you on your fouls and poor judgement on being a "moderator" I know you will hound every one of my threads in hopes to ban me for exposing moderators and their uselessness and unfairness.
14 years 8 months ago #4745

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:I Like This Site!

Pizza the Hutt wrote:

ban me for exposing moderators and their uselessness and unfairness.

Maverick wouldn't. I'd ban you for just being annoying.

How about we make you a moderator on RT.com, eh?
14 years 8 months ago #4751

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:I Like This Site!

sanman wrote:

Hey,

I've just arrived on this site, and I'm really impressed by all the features! No really, I'm not just saying that - the layout and design are cool, and the forum has some of the newer Web2.0 features. This is great!

Hey, any chance you'll think of embedding some Flash? Maybe you could hold a contest to get some submissions of Flash art or even games.

I was looking at some of the cool fanart being showcased, and I like the gallery feature.

[EDIT: Gee, I just noticed a lot of discussion forums that I didn't spot at first. Nice selection there, too!]

Back on topic, you guys are making me work too hard already. I'm lazy!!

What type of embedded flash content are you thinking about?
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #4753

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:I Like This Site!

hush up, you're our bitch

so get to work! ;)

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 8 months ago #4758

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:I Like This Site!

see Sighup? You do awesome work and this is what happens LOL! :lol:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 8 months ago #4760

• sanman
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by sanman on topic Re:I Like This Site!

SIGHUP wrote:

Back on topic, you guys are making me work too hard already. I'm lazy!!

What type of embedded flash content are you thinking about?

Well, we could all brainstorm on some ideas.

How about some Flash banners? I've seen various anime-styled Flash banners around the net, and some look quite cool. Some were made for web-rings, for example.

Maybe even include some audio loop in there as well.

There is some pretty fantastic picture artwork on this site, including fanart. Maybe some of that could be adapted for Flash purposes, or maybe some new fanart could be solicited for it.

On the RT.com site, we were talking about the famous "bumpers" from Robotech (ie. "Robotech Will Return!" "Robotech is Back!") Maybe it would be possible to have some brief banner-animations with simple animations along those lines, just to recreate some of the atmosphere of the show.

I think something like that could be quite attractive and original, to get your site noticed more.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sanman.
14 years 8 months ago #4761

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds