Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

GUBABA

Oh, yes you did. You haven't seen the interview, you didn't hear what he said...you're just going off what someone else told you he said, am I right? And your report of what he said isn't accurate.

You know, if I didn't know better, I'd say that if the only way you can make your points is by distorting other people's, then that means you concede that you have no legitimate defense.

As such, I humbly accept your concession.

I HEARD THE MAN, I READ THE SUBS.

AND THE GUY IS NO ANDREW DICE CLAY AT THE COMEDY STORE AS YOU IMPLIED HE IS WITH HIS "LEAD IN".

DUDE IS SERIOUS ABOUT IT. AND THAT JUST ONE SOURCE IN AUDIO OF WHAT THE MAN BEEN SAYING AT OTHER PLACES.

NOW HE DOES EXPLAIN WHY THINGS TURNED OUT THAT WAY IN THE ANIMATION, WHICH I LIKE, BECAUSE IT LETS US KNOW OF THE PROCESS OF PRODUCTION. WHICH IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN HIS SUPPOSE COMIC ROUTINE. AND THAT'S WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT.

DON'T BE HATE'N CUZZ YOUR BOY DECIDED TO TELL THE TRUTH.

Bah. You're still pulling out just the opening of an hour-long interview to make a point, a point which the REST of the interview refutes.

Think of it a rhetorical fourish...like when Captain Gloval gives his speech about accepting the Zentraedi defectors, how does he start? He starts of with all the reasons that humans should hate the Zentraedi, trying to stir up that loathing, and THEN starts delivering the reasons that they should be accepted.

And yes, a lot of episodes of Macross look stunningly awful. However, some look awfully stunning. Southern Cross and Mospeada had mediocre animation throughout.

So if Macross generally looks awful...so does Robotech.

Besides, Carl Macek said that Macross was REALLY, REALLY good. He also loved the Macross movie. Are you saying he had bad taste...?
13 years 11 months ago #12494

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

HIT A NERVE?

OK.. BACKING OFF TIME :P

IT IS WHAT IT IS. I THINK CARL KNEW AS MUCH BACK THEN OF WHAT WE KNOW NOW TODAY. AND STILL ONE OF THE BETTER ANIMATIONS TO COME ACROSS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST OF ANIME'S ALL TOGETHER. EITHER IN ROBOTECH OR ITS CONTINUING SERIES IN JAPAN MACROSS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 11 months ago #12495

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HIT A NERVE?

OK.. BACKING OFF TIME :P

IT IS WHAT IT IS. I THINK CARL KNEW AS MUCH BACK THEN OF WHAT WE KNOW NOW TODAY. AND STILL ONE OF THE BETTER ANIMATIONS TO COME ACROSS TO BE ONE OF THE BEST OF ANIME'S ALL TOGETHER. EITHER IN ROBOTECH OR ITS CONTINUING SERIES IN JAPAN MACROSS.

Sorry...I probably should've added a few smilies in there... :P

Don't worry, I know it's all in fun...just tossing ideas and arguments back and forth. :)

Still cool, Memo?
13 years 11 months ago #12497

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HIT A NERVE?

Still cool, Memo?

Aw does this mean you're not going to have coffee anymore?

--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 11 months ago #12501

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

SIGHUP wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HIT A NERVE?

Still cool, Memo?

I'll have coffee with Gubaba then even though I hate the taste

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by LadyGrimes.
13 years 11 months ago #12502

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

SIGHUP wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HIT A NERVE?

Still cool, Memo?

HAHAHHA. YOU KNOW, I ERASED A FEW LINES BEFORE I POSTED. AND HAD INVITED GUBABA FOR COFFEE. JUST TO MAKE UP FOR IT.

@GUBABA

ALL COOL MAN. JUST DON'T WANT TO OPEN THE MPURIST INSIDE OF YOU. WE DON'T WANT SO SEE YOU GET ANGRY. ;) HULK STYLE.

EVEN THOUGHT, HOW WOULD A MACROSSHULK PURIST LOOK LIKE? :huh:

13 years 11 months ago #12506

• SIGHUP
  • SIGHUP's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I HEARD THE MAN, I READ THE SUBS.

AND THE GUY IS NO ANDREW DICE CLAY AT THE COMEDY STORE AS YOU IMPLIED HE IS WITH HIS "LEAD IN".

DUDE IS SERIOUS ABOUT IT. AND THAT JUST ONE SOURCE IN AUDIO OF WHAT THE MAN BEEN SAYING AT OTHER PLACES.

NOW HE DOES EXPLAIN WHY THINGS TURNED OUT THAT WAY IN THE ANIMATION, WHICH I LIKE, BECAUSE IT LETS US KNOW OF THE PROCESS OF PRODUCTION. WHICH IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN HIS SUPPOSE COMIC ROUTINE. AND THAT'S WHAT'S MORE IMPORTANT.

DON'T BE HATE'N CUZZ YOUR BOY DECIDED TO TELL THE TRUTH.

I DO REMEMBER ONE BAD IMAGE AND THAT THEY CREATED BUTTHEAD VT PILOT THAT WAS LATER USED IN THE FAMOUS BEVUS AND BUTTHEAD SHOWS ON MTV.

Where to begin? Are you trying to "stir up" the pot here? You do this all the time. You take one little thing that you "think" the meaning is and go on a tangent from there. But hold on Gubaba will explain for you.

Gubaba wrote:

Bah. You're still pulling out just the opening of an hour-long interview to make a point, a point which the REST of the interview refutes.

You'll have to simplify it more for Lunk over there. Hang on here it comes. . .

Gubaba wrote:

Think of it a rhetorical fourish... when Captain Gloval gives his speech about accepting the Zentraedi defectors, how does he start? He starts of with all the reasons that humans should hate the Zentraedi, trying to stir up that loathing, and THEN starts delivering the reasons that they should be accepted.

Outstanding Gubaba! MEMO read that about ten times so you understand it. Nice way of putting it in MEMO-terms (a.k.a. Robotech terms).

Gubaba wrote:

And yes, a lot of episodes of Macross look stunningly awful. However, some look awfully stunning. Southern Cross and Mospeada had mediocre animation throughout.

So if Macross generally looks awful...so does Robotech.

Besides, Carl Macek said that Macross was REALLY, REALLY good. He also loved the Macross movie. Are you saying he had bad taste...?

Oooh, nice come back.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

. . . and he concedes.

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ALL COOL MAN. JUST DON'T WANT TO OPEN THE MPURIST INSIDE OF YOU. WE DON'T WANT SO SEE YOU GET ANGRY.

I'd rather see him get angry than you continue being ignorant Lunk-Style.

MEMO is a dangerous man. His assumptions are WRONG and the reason why they're so dangerous is because they can influence newbies in the wrong direction. Just like when I came back to RT. I knew next to nothing. Then I found out Macross was its own show, bought AnimEigo set. Watched M Flashback 2012, everything made more sense and I could finally sleep at night.

On second thought, maybe MEMO is doing RT a service. If it weren't for my independent thinking I probably (not really just making a point) would still have thought RT was the only thing in existence.

Meh, forget I typed anything.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 11 months ago #12508

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

sigh

Where to begin? Are you trying to "stir up" the pot here? You do this all the time. You take one little thing that you "think" the meaning is and go on a tangent from there. But hold on Gubaba will explain for you.

NOPE. THERE SOME PEOPLE THAT WILL LOOK AT IT ONE WAY AND THERE ARE OTHERS THAT WILL LOOK AT IT ANOTHER WAY.

Outstanding Gubaba! MEMO read that about ten times so you understand it. Nice way of putting it in MEMO-terms (a.k.a. Robotech terms).

THEN YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT IT IS EXPLAINED WHY THE ANIMATION IS TURNED OUT THAT WAY. NOT ONE BIG JOKE.

I'd rather see him get angry than you continue being ignorant Lunk-Style.

MEMO is a dangerous man. His assumptions are WRONG and the reason why they're so dangerous is because they can influence newbies in the wrong direction. Just like when I came back to RT. I knew next to nothing. Then I found out Macross was its own show, bought AnimEigo set. Watched M Flashback 2012, everything made more sense and I could finally sleep at night.

On second thought, maybe MEMO is doing RT a service. If it weren't for my independent thinking I probably (not really just making a point) would still have thought RT was the only thing in existence.

Meh, forget I typed anything.

HEHEHE

DANGEROUS... HMMMM... I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT... ;)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 11 months ago #12511

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOPE. THERE SOME PEOPLE THAT WILL LOOK AT IT ONE WAY AND THERE ARE OTHERS THAT WILL LOOK AT IT ANOTHER WAY.

True...but in THIS case, there is a RIGHT way and a WRONG way to look at it... ;)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

HEHEHE

DANGEROUS... HMMMM... I LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT... ;)

Hey, I certainly wouldn't want to mess with you in a brawl... :laugh:

Anyway, I have exclusive video of Memo "talking things over" with rabid Macross Purists at Macross World Con 2007:

Dangerous, Indeed...the epic "discussion" with >EXO< that starts at 2:49 is especially amazing.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Gubaba.
13 years 11 months ago #12514

DUDE....

SO WRONG. SO WRONG.

:laugh:
13 years 11 months ago #12528

Time to create page: 0.452 seconds