Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

I guess they must. By "good animation," I'm talking about stuff like Nausicaa, Laputa, Akira, DYRL, or (to raise the bar even higher) Fantasia or Snow White.

Gubaba, I'm sorry, this is called moving the goalpost. You're going to sit there and fucking compare MOVIES AND OVAS to a Tv series?

According to IMDB.com and Disney Archives, Snow White had an estimated budget of 1.4 million in 1937.

I was talking about ANIMATION. Not designs, not art. ANIMATION.

Southern Cross had mediocre animation. That's what I said at the outset that's what I'm saying now. No goalposts were moved.
13 years 2 months ago #14890

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

No shit, Sherlock. I knew exactly what you were talking about. Saying it has mediocre animation is not an opinion. Saying it has mediocre designs is an opinion. Comparing it to a movie or OVA is bullshit because they have much higher production values (larger budget).

Southern Cross had mediocre animation. That's what I said at the outset that's what I'm saying now.

No shit.

No goalposts were moved.

Bullshit. You tried to deflect what I called you on by moving the burden of proof to something that doesn't even remotely compare. That is called moving the goalposts.
13 years 2 months ago #14893

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Brooklyn Red Leg wrote:

Gubaba wrote:

No shit, Sherlock. I knew exactly what you were talking about. Saying it has mediocre animation is not an opinion. Saying it has mediocre designs is an opinion. Comparing it to a movie or OVA is bullshit because they have much higher production values (larger budget).

Southern Cross had mediocre animation. That's what I said at the outset that's what I'm saying now.

No shit.

No goalposts were moved.

Bullshit. You tried to deflect what I called you on by moving the burden of proof to something that doesn't even remotely compare. That is called moving the goalposts.

Is there any way you can explain clearly what you've got your panties in a twist about? 'Cause I confess that I'm completely lost.
13 years 2 months ago #14898

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re:Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes

Gubaba wrote:

Is there any way you can explain clearly what you've got your panties in a twist about? 'Cause I confess that I'm completely lost.

:sigh:

You said:

And yes, a lot of episodes of Macross look stunningly awful. However, some look awfully stunning. Southern Cross and Mospeada had mediocre animation throughout.

Implication - SDF Macross has beautiful animation when it has it, whereas Southern Cross and Mospeada are plainly inferior. This is basically putting down 2 these two series in an effort to deflect from SDF Macross. When I called you on this, you revised your definitions to include OVAs and movies that have significantly higher production budgets. That is called moving the goalpost.

From Wikipedia:

Moving the goalposts, also known as raising the bar, is an informal logically fallacious argument in which evidence presented in response to a specific claim is dismissed and some other (often greater) evidence is demanded. In other words, after an attempt has been made to score a goal, the goalposts are moved to exclude the attempt. This attempts to leave the impression that an argument had a fair hearing while actually reaching a preordained conclusion.

As for why I 'got my panties in a twist', its just another example of how Macross fans can come off as arrogant, even if it is unintended. Its part of a long line of bullshit fans of Southern Cross and Mospeada have had to put up with for gushing over everything Macross. It usually follows implications that I'm mentally deficient for liking Southern Cross.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Brooklyn-Red-Leg.
13 years 2 months ago #14901

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

guys, guys, they all had mediocre animation =P

but who cares? you love it, you love it. Nothing else needs to be said.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 2 months ago #14903

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

well said! :)
13 years 2 months ago #14909

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Robotech Reboot from MIKE JELENIC (Thundercats)!!!

12 years 4 months ago #17802

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

CAT'S OUT OF THE BAG!

ONE OF THE THUNDERCAT'S WRITER, BRANDON EASTON, AND THE ART DIRECTOR, DAN NORTON, WERE AT THE LONG BEACH COMIC CON 2011 AND CAME TO THE ROBOTECH BOOTH AND OF COURSE LOOKING FOR HG REP.

I KEPT TALKING TO THEM SO THEY WOULD NOT LEAVE ABOUT A GOOD REBOOT WHILE TOMMY SHOWED UP. LATER DAN WAS PROMOTING AT ANOTHER TABLE. BUT THE WRITER SHOWED UP TO CHAT WITH TOMMY.

WHAT WAS SAID? A LOT. BUT THAT'S JUST TALK. SO HERE IS A FEW PICS OF THE WRITER WITH TOMMY. I COULD NOT GET DAN AND TOMMY SINCE THE OTHER VOLUNTEERS LEFT TO LOOK AROUND THE CON.

AND YES, THE CREATORS AND STAFF OF THE NEW THUNDERCAT'S WANT TO DO ROBOTECH.

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 4 months ago #17806

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

WRITER BRANDON EASTON THOUGHTS ON ROBOTECH

Monday, November 21, 2011

News: In Case You Missed It ... (from our November 20th season finale w/@brandoneaston)

For our season finale, Thundercats writer and Shadowlaw creator Brandon Easton was in studio for an in depth interview covering topics as disparate as Robotech, Transformers, MMA and his own work in animation and comics.

www.komplicated.com/2011/11/news-in-case...h-brandoneaston.html
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 4 months ago #17807

• mecha2241
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by mecha2241 on topic Re: Rebooting Robotech, even if you dislike remakes?

Dude looks like he wants to beat the shit out of Tommy. Probably a long line for that... :silly:
12 years 4 months ago #17809

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds