ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011 was created by MEMO1DOMINION

The Robotech Convention Tour will make its first ever stop at the Albuquerque Comic Expo on June 24-26, 2011. The Albuquerque Comic Expo, is Albuquerque’s newest and most exciting comic book, pop culture, and entertainment convention. It’s a weekend-long celebration of the very best in comic books, movies, television, gaming, and more! As part of this celebration the Albuquerque Comic Expo has invited Harmony Gold Creative Director Tommy Yune to give fans in New Mexico the latest updates on the Robotech fanchse.

EVENT LOCATION

The Albuquerque Comic Expo will be held at the following location.

Albuquerque Convention Center,
401 2nd Street Northwest
Albuquerque, NM 87102
TEL: (505) 767-5800
www.albuquerquecc.com/

CONVENTION HOURS

The Albuquerque Comic Expo hours of operation are:

Friday, June 24th: 10am-9pm
Saturday, June 25th: 10am-9pm
Sunday, June 26th: 10am-6pm

TICKET PRICES

Ticket prices are as follows.

3-Day pass - $50 USD
Friday only - $25 USD
Saturday Only - $25 USD
Sunday Only - $20 USD

You can buy your tickets online at the following link .

abqcomicexpo.com/?page_id=60

Please ensure that your address is correct! After you purchase tickets, the convention will be mailing your badge(s). If you made a purchase, and did not input the proper mailing address, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and let the convention know, and they will get it squared away.

PLEASE NOTE: All ticket sales are final. There will be no refunds on ticket purchases. Pre-sale tickets to the event are discounted. Tickets prices will increase the first day of the event. Child tickets are available for children under 10 years of age, and are provided free of charge with a paid adult ticket. Select the amount of children tickets you would like with your purchase, and the convention will work out the rest!

MORE INFORMATION

You can find out more about this exciting new event at.

abqcomicexpo.com/

We look forward to meeting all of our Robotech fans in New Mexico at the Albuquerque Comic Expo this June!

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

Special thanks to Albuquerque Comic Expo Event Coordinator Mike Thompson for all of his work in bringing the tour to The Land Of Enchantment!
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 4 months ago #14239

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

ROBOTECHX FAN BOOTH WILL REPRESENT AT THIS EVENT AS WELL.

SO SEE YOU GUYS THERE FOR THOSE THAT CAN MAKE IT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 1 month ago #15326

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

Yay, my home town. I'll be bringing out a few things to try to fill up Memo's gigantic booth (they gave him 4 tables). Hope to see some fans there!
12 years 10 months ago #16875

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

I guess the lack of an update on this thread just proves there wasn't anything new to report as usual. Hopefully, we'll hear something next week at AnimeExpo or later at ComicCon otherwise I guess the franchise will just have to stay on life support until next year's big cons.
12 years 10 months ago #16891

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

Haven't been in here since the event, sorry. But as for an update, Tommy did show the trailer for the new animated project they are working on, and I for one was extremely excited about it. It didn't give much away, but I can tell you that it did show the three mounds, and the Invid arrival. There were some Masters era fighters, and a lot of ships, mostly Garfish class. My guess is that it takes place after the Masters and goes through the arrival of the Invid. Maybe I interpreted it that way because that is EXACTLY what I want. Very exciting.

The booth got a huge number of visitors. A lot more Robotech fans in Albuquerque than I expected. Seems like a good possibility to organize something, even if its just a party.

Also, here is a pic of Tommy putting on his panel. I think he had an excellent time here. I took him out to the base and let him fly the v-22 Opsrey simulator. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of that. I did get a pic of the booth (or at least part of it) and it is attached to my next response...
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by Seifrietti-Weisse.
12 years 9 months ago #17255
Attachments:

As promised, here is a picture of the booth (or at least a portion of it). We were pleasently surprised to find out that we were given a huge space to set up in, and four tables to put stuff on. Fortunately, I was able to bring some of my personal collection, both toys and fan created items. This pic is of some of the fan works.
12 years 9 months ago #17256
Attachments:

Replied by mushu on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

That looks cool. What are the items on the table? I don't recognize the opened comic book or Zor's Journal. Also the cyclone art on the side looks interesting as well.
12 years 9 months ago #17313

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

mushu wrote:

What are the items on the table? I don't recognize the opened comic book or Zor's Journal.

Fan projects!

Robotech LAG-Novel by Aaron David Cole
home.comcast.net/~aarondavidcole/index.htm

Zor's Journal by Seifrietti Weisse
www.robotechanthology.com/
12 years 8 months ago #17321

Replied by mushu on topic Re: ALBUQUERQUE COMIC EXPO in Albuquerque, NM: June 24-26, 2011

Looks great. Are both projects dead?
12 years 8 months ago #17322

Well, not so much dead as on indefinite hold. You see, both projects were extremely close to publication right before WB got involved with the LAM and all. Back when we only had Harmony Gold to deal with, it was much easier to get this stuff approved, but now that WB is in the mix its a lot more complicated. This is just speculation, but it seems that the timing is wrong from a business point of view. Very likely, when we get closer to completion of the LAM, WB will be looking for projects like this to compliment what they are doing, but for now, its just too early.

Zor's Journal is my project, and I was going to include two versions of the Graphic Novel in that project. I have a pretty good feeling that the whole project will eventually get the green light, but its probably going to take a while so dont hold your breath. I presently have enough material to do two complete editions. I am attaching the cover of the first one, which is 100% complete and ready to go.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Seifrietti-Weisse.
12 years 8 months ago #17385
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds