Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

• Thank you received: 0

Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL was created by Fuzzy

Hey fellow Protoculture addicts,

Florida Anime Experience is in a couple of weeks. Why does that matter to me you might ask. Well, one of their guests of honor happens to be Dan Worren, voice of Roy Fokker in Robotech: The Macross Saga, and General Reinhart in Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. :cheer:

I'll be co-hosting a Robotech panel with Dan that saturday (dont know the specific time yet). I'm still trying to figure out the flow of the panel, but I think i'll dispense with my normal Robotech panel format and go with more of a Robotech retrospective with Dan. Ie: i'll be asking him what it was like working on Robotech, how the fandom was back then and how its progressed from his POV, what it was like working for/with Carl Macek, etc. I figure that will be more interesting to not only the fans and attendees, but more interesting for Dan as well.

www.floridaanime.com/guests/royfokker
11 years 11 months ago #18721

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

FAE is a double edged sword. Last year they had Steve Blum and other GREAT VA's but prob is that it is in such a small place, the vendor ares was smaller than most one room apartments. Is it going to be somewhere else this year Fuzzy?
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
11 years 11 months ago #18726

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re: Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

Dunno, i wasnt there last year (i was at Fanime). Although i have been told that the panel will be in Main Events, so there should be plenty of space there. And honestly, i've found that smaller cons are actually better if you're looking for interaction with guests.
11 years 11 months ago #18727

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

FROM WHAT I READ LAST YEAR WAS ITS FIRST YEAR. TYPICAL FOR A STARTED CON TO BEGIN SMALL. HOPEFULLY IN TIME IT WILL GROW.

I REMEMBER THE SAN DIEGO COMIC CON WAS HELD IN A HOTEL BALLROOM BACK IN THE DAY BEFORE BECOMING THE MONSTER THAT IT IS NOW.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 11 months ago #18728

Replied by Richardmvela on topic Re: Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

The size problem I think comes from the fact they spend almost all their money on the VA's and that's a good thing but when I say small guys I mean the meeting room of your local hotel, nothing fancy. like I said they get big names, last year was THE Steven Blum, Tara Strong and a few others. Got crowded rather quick.
Resisting Gravity's Pull on Our Souls!
11 years 11 months ago #18745

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Florida Anime Experience: May 25-27 Orlando, FL

AH, I BEEN AROUND A FEW OF THOSE. SOME TURNED OUT TO GROW FAST. TAKES ABOUT MAYBE 2 OR 3 YEARS.

HOPE THIS YEAR THEY CAN ACCOMMODATE THE CHANGES BEING ONLY IT'S SECOND RUN.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 11 months ago #18746

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds