Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

• JaesonK
  • JaesonK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 6

Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA was created by JaesonK

We just got word that our Macross/Robotech panel was accepted for Zenkaikon 2013 in Lancaster, PA! We are currently scheduled for Sunday the 24th at 2PM.

Robotech voice actor Richard Epcar will be a guest at Zenkaikon this year.

More info:
www.zenkaikon.com
11 years 2 months ago #20175

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MIlkManX
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • There is no Robotech gospel
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by MIlkManX on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

Awesome!

If you can ask them if they have a date planned for the release of RT:LLA.
11 years 2 months ago #20179

• JaesonK
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by JaesonK on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

The Zenkaikon schedule is posted:
www.zenkaikon.com/docs/zenkaikon2013schedulemap.pdf

Our Robotech panel is still scheduled for Sunday at 2PM. If anyone is cosplaying Robotech/Macross characters, stick around at the end for a group photo.

If there's time during the panel, I'll show a RLAM teaser I made.
11 years 1 month ago #20211

• JaesonK
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by JaesonK on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

Miriya, Ben & Max at Zenkaikon.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by JaesonK.
11 years 1 month ago #20223
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Fuzzy on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

Hey guys, I'm really glad I had a chance to talk with you for a little bit, even if I wasn't able to make the panel (last minute change of plans had me leaving on the same train as the Epcars). How did the panel go btw?
11 years 1 month ago #20226

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

YEAH, HOW WAS IT?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 1 month ago #20229

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech Panel at ZENKAIKON 2013 • March 22-24th • Lancaster, PA

I was there Sunday; I even met the Epcars before they left the autograph signing. Mr. Epcar even signed my Yamato Macross Plus YF-21 boxed action figure. He got a kick out of it.

I went to JeasonK's panel where he explain the M-theory & String theory of Macross and Robotech. Clips were shown and they showed how ancient and modern mythology affects Macross/Robotech. Also how over the years the Macross story has adopted elements from Robotech. They did tributes to Ahiro Hase & Ben Dixon. I even explain my definition for Protoculture for both Macross and Robotech. JeasonK and his wife did a quick rendition of Viva Miriya where they pulled the baby out to scare the Zentradi..
11 years 1 month ago #20231

• JaesonK
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

We had a great time in Lancaster at Zenkaikon and meeting with the Epcars. As you can see from the picture, Ben really does tower over Max. We enjoyed their panels. The new venue is really nice. I understand that they'll be having the next few Zenkaikon's at the Lancaster Convention Center.

Always good to interact with fellow Robotech & Macross fans. Thanks for attending our panel. People really know their Robotech. We even had a young physicist up front help out with one of the questions.

In addition to the Arihiro Hase (Hikaru Ichijyo voice) and Ben Dixon tributes, we incorporated a tribute to Ulpio Minucci with our pop-culture segment. We tied in some Batman, Superman, Iron Man and Star Wars connections with Robotech/Macross.

Everyone's feedback goes into improving our presentations. We're be at Tekkoshocon in Pittsburgh this April.
11 years 1 month ago #20233

• JaesonK
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Fuzzy! It was great meeting with you. Sorry you missed our panel but glad we got to talk earlier.
11 years 1 month ago #20234

• JaesonK
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

The Epcars signed the DVD we used for our panel.
11 years 1 month ago #20235
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.557 seconds