Protoculture Con: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Protoculture Con: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES was created by MEMO1DOMINION

From the fans that brought you the Robotech Launch Party are now working hard to make a Robotech 30th ANNIVERSARY CONVENTION.
Follow www.protoculturecon.com for update

PRE REGESTRATION NOW OPEN
protoculturecon.com/?p=225

ROBOTECH CAST TO BE PRESENT:
TONY OLIVER
DAN WOREN
MELANIE MACQUEEN
FRANK CATALANO
REBECCA FORSTADT
STEVE KRAMER
MELORA HARTE
SVEA MACEK
TOMMY YUNE
STEVE YUN

OTHER GUESTS
DON YEE
SEAN BISHOP
DEXTER ODANI
BRYAN DOWDLE

Schedule

All events except for the Cast and Crew Dinner (Saturday Evening) take place on Sunday, October 4th.

Registration Opens (Badge Pickup for Pre-reg, and At The Door ticket sales) 0800-1800

Robotech Trivia with Lancer (Bryan Dowdle) 0900-0945
Robotech Collecting 1000-1045
Robotech Art and Comics 1100-1200
Lunch Break 1200-1300
Robotech History with Dexter Odani 1300-1345
Autograph Session (All Guests) 1400-1530
Harmony Gold Panel 1600-1700
Costume Contest Pre-Judging 1700-1730
Robotech Costume Contest 1800-1900

Convention Center doors Close promptly at 2000

Event Descriptions:

Cast and Crew Dinner October 3rd, Saturday night

Have dinner with the guests of honor Saturday evening before the con officially starts. Attendees who purchased an “Admiral” or “Dinner Only” ticket can eat at Buca Di Beppo with the voice actors and other guests. Ticket price covers your meal (Classico option on the Buca Banquet menu, including unlimited soft drinks/Coffee/Tea.)

Robotech Past with Dexter Odani

Dexter Odani, director and producer of Robotech: The Inside Story hosts a panel on the history of Robotech. Voice Actors discuss their experiences making Robotech and share their memories of Carl Macek.

Robotech Costume Contest

Cosplayers can compete as any Robotech (or Robotech related) character. By that we mean that just because Minmei only wore that dress in DYRL, that doesn’t mean you can’t wear it in the Robotech costume contest. Come out and compete, or just cheer on the cosplayers. Details (pre-judging, prizes, etc.) coming soon.

Robotech Trivia with Lancer (Bryan Dowdle)

Remember the Robotech.com trivia challenge? Well now you can take the trivia challenge live. Robotech.com user Lancer hosts a test of your Robotech knowledge. This time, you can get more than just member points!

Robotech Comics

Dexter Odani hosts a panel on the Robotech Comics. Our special guests discuss the past, present and possible future of Robotech Comics. Panel members to be announced soon!

Robotech Collecting

Have a collection of Robotech stuff? Want to get the low down on some of the hard to find stuff? Didn’t know there was a Robotech meat pie? (it’s the truth) Come out for a panel devoted to the hard to find Robotech toys and collectibles.

Harmony Gold Panel with Tommy Yune

Harmony Gold presents the 30th Anniversary Robotech Panel. Come on out and get a recap of what HG has been up to, and the latest news about the Live Action Movie and other projects Harmony Gold has in the works.

Autograph Session

All the guests in one place. Get all of your autographs at one time (exact time TBA). Five item limit on the number of items you can get autographed, but you can get back in line and get another five if you want! We just want to make sure everyone gets a chance to meet the guests. Guests will be charging for autographs. No rush, this event will go on for a full hour! (More if necessary)

Have an idea for a panel? Suggest it below! (especially if you are offering to host it!)

NOTE*
Harmony Gold is the legal copyright holder of Robotech
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ajacs
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
10 years 4 months ago #20816

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

PRE REGESTRATION IS NOW OPEN
GO HERE:

protoculturecon.com/?p=225

FINALIZING PANEL SCHEDUALS.
8 years 7 months ago #21372

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

Great stuff! Glad this happened!!!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
8 years 7 months ago #21378

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

WELL, ALL THANKS TO ROBO TOY FEST.
HE A ROBOTECH FAN AS WELL AND PRETTY MUCH UNDER HIS UMBRELLA LET US SET UP SOMETHING LOCAL HERE IN L.A.
8 years 6 months ago #21387

• KnightStalker
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by KnightStalker on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

I am going. I checked with Winterhaze and Sasebonian, who both live down here in the San Diego area, but neither of them are going. I don't know anyone else from the fandom that may live down here, so I'll be renting a car and driving up on the 3rd. I've already reserved my hotel room for the night of the 3rd as well.
I'm not Fett...I'm your worst nightmare.

Ke nu shabir Mando'ade - "Do not **** with Mandalorians"
8 years 6 months ago #21416

Replied by Fuzzy on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

KnightStalker: might you be looking for someone to split the room (and cost) with?
8 years 6 months ago #21434

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Protoculture Con: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

JUST 2 WEEKS AWAY!

ALREADY UPDATED THE PARENT THREAD POST.

SEE YA GUYS THERE!
8 years 6 months ago #21436

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Protoculture Con: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

SCHEDULE SO FAR

Schedule

All events except for the Cast and Crew Dinner (Saturday Evening) take place on Sunday, October 4th.

Registration Opens (Badge Pickup for Pre-reg, and At The Door ticket sales) 0800-1800

Robotech Trivia with Lancer (Bryan Dowdle) 0900-0945
Robotech Collecting 1000-1045
Robotech Art and Comics 1100-1200
Lunch Break 1200-1300
Robotech History/Voice Actors panel with Dexter Odani 1300-1345
Autograph Session (All Guests) 1400-1530
Harmony Gold Panel 1600-1700
Costume Contest Pre-Judging 1700-1730
Robotech Costume Contest 1800-1900

Convention Center doors Close promptly at 2000
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
8 years 6 months ago #21439

• KnightStalker
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by KnightStalker on topic ProtocultureCon: Robotech 30th Anniversary Oct, 4, 2015 - LOS ANGELES

Fuzzy, I suppose we could split the room. I got a room reserved at the Lincoln Hotel, 1559 Lincoln Avenue
Pasadena (California), CA 91103. It's a 1 Queen room/1 night, maximum of 2 people reservation with check-in after 2 PM on the 3rd, and check-out by 11 AM on the 4th.

The room includes wi-fi, a phone, and flat-screen cable TV, no meal option, and I can always cancel up to the day before check-in.

Payment for the room is due when I check-in, and the reservation confirmation I received shows a price of $60 (no tax included, no additional supplements [ie, extra beds] are reflected in the cost), so if it'll cost more than that, we can split the cost just fine.

Since I'm driving up from San Diego in the morning on the 3rd, I'll have to mapquest the directions to and frm the con to the hotel before then, probably while I'm getting the travel route for the drive up.
I'm not Fett...I'm your worst nightmare.

Ke nu shabir Mando'ade - "Do not **** with Mandalorians"
8 years 6 months ago #21441

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

ONE MORE WEEK TO GO.

FINALIZING SOME STUFF AND HOPE WE JUST RUN INTO THE WEEKND AND HAVE SOME FUN. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE SOME OF YOU GUYS AGAIN.

YOU KNOW WE ARE ALREADY WORKING ON 2016? YES WE ARE. AND SAME PLACE TOO.
THANKS TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED AND PAID INTO THIS. MISSING A FEW CONS THIS MONTH BECAUSE OF THE DATE CON FELL. BUT HOPE NEXT YEAR WE HAVE A BOKED SOLID DATE.
8 years 6 months ago #21447

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds