• Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

New Alpha/Beta fighter design was created by Nikolay116

Hello,

I'd like to exlain my position. Look at this pic
File Attachment:

These are so called VF-1S from about 1985 and VF-0S from about 2002.
Which one looks more cool and modern? If you are hardcore fan your answer would be: VF-0S is a predecessor to VF-1S. There is no way 0S can be better than 1S.

I grew up with VF-1S and I used to like it pretty much...until I saw Macross Zero and all these new cg graphics. To be honest for obvious reasons ( one of them hand drawing vs 3d modelling) VF-1S looks a way more childish and unrealistic (more like a toy) than VF-0S. So now everytime I see VF-1S I replace it in my mind with VF-0S design.

I have in mind to redesign Alpha Fighter and Beta Fighter so they will look realistic and modern. Some of you can say that this is already good enough:
File Attachment:

, but I do not think so.

If you have any ideas or scetches, post here. I will try to make draft of new design any soon.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11239

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:New Alpha/Beta fighter design

AH. FAN PROJECT.

MOVING TO FANDOM PROJECTS FORUM.

HEY, AND GREAT IDEA. YOU TRYING TO MESH BOTH WORKS TOGETHER LIKE AN IN BETWEEN FIGHTER? OR REPLACE THE ALPHA BETA ALTOGETHER?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 3 weeks ago #11240

• Nikolay116
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:New Alpha/Beta fighter design

OK,

I forgot to add how I see the development.

VF-0S was obviously based on-F-14. VF-1S was also based on some real plane as I heard, but I forgot what it was. For SV-51 it was clearly SU. And so on. To start with I want to find a real airplane close as possible to Alpha Fighter. Then like customization in Need For Speed game change different parts of the prototype based on "cathalog" of real planes or some scetches and see how it gonna look.

With Beta Fighter it would be harder, but nevertheless I will try to make it thiner.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11241

• Nikolay116
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

OK,

I forgot to add how I see the development.

VF-0S was obviously based on-F-14. VF-1S was also based on some real plane as I heard, but I forgot what it was. For SV-51 it was clearly SU. And so on. To start with I want to find a real airplane close as possible to Alpha Fighter. Then like customization in Need For Speed game change different parts of the prototype based on "cathalog" of real planes or some scetches and see how it gonna look.

With Beta Fighter it would be harder, but nevertheless I will try to make it thiner.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11242

• Nikolay116
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

I will try to make new design for each of them, but they will combine into one jet as previously. And of course keep the transformation sequence more or less.

Few words about development. To start with I need to find real airplanes close as possible to VFA and VFB. Likewise VF-0S,VF-1S, SV-51, etc were done (real life prototypes F-14, I forgot, SU, etc..).

So maybe you can help me here posting airplanes that can fit.

The next step is to vary different parts of them (also based on real airplanes or good sketches of sci-fi ones), see which will look better.
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11243

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:New Alpha/Beta fighter design

An interesting task.

Unfortunately, while Shoji Kawamori usually designs his VFs based on some real world design, Shinji Aramaki and Hideki Kakinuma didn't. The Legioss (Alpha Fighter) always felt to me like it was designed by looking at the VF-1 and saying "How can we do the same thing as this, but different?"

Likewise, the Tread (Beta) looks like nothing in the real world.

I think you'd be better off just looking at a whole bunch of current fighters and bombers to get a general aesthetic, rather than looking for specific models to use.

(Oh, and, to get nit-picky for a moment: in the Macross universe, the VF0 and the VF-1 were actually created concurrently. One is not the predecessor of the other.)
14 years 3 weeks ago #11244

ASK MARK WARLOCK..

HE CAN BETTER TELL YOU AS WELL AT WHAT YOU MIGHT FACE. YOU MIGHT HAVE TO DO SOME MOLDING AS WELL.
14 years 3 weeks ago #11248

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:New Alpha/Beta fighter design

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ASK MARK WARLOCK..

Thought I heard my name... :silly:

I like this idea... In fact.. I found a cool pic of an alternate Alpha and Beta design. It would be cool to see it realized as a 1/72 scale resin kit... or even a converting figure set.

Nikolay116 if I can be of any assistance I would be happy to offer it. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I've worked on scratch building projects in the past. I think MEMO can verify some of my work.. LOL

Here's the pic...
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Mark-Warlock.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11304
Attachments:

• Nikolay116
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Mark Warlock wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ASK MARK WARLOCK..

Thought I heard my name... :silly:

I like this idea... In fact.. I found a cool pic of an alternate Alpha and Beta design. It would be cool to see it realized as a 1/72 scale resin kit... or even a converting figure set.

Nikolay116 if I can be of any assistance I would be happy to offer it. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions. I've worked on scratch building projects in the past. I think MEMO can verify some of my work.. LOL

Here's the pic...

Thank for your offer. We will see. Maybe it was not clear from my words but I want to do just a cg model. I am not good in drawing, but I can do some cg modelling.

I was thinking about the task more carefully. It seems to me that better do not change things too radically. At first I will just try to add more details and small features to the original design. For instance, intake, connections of wings, scales of legs, arms, etc.

Keep you posted. I hope to make smth in weekends.

I am not sure I will like invert wing concept, but of course I can try. It is just that there is already YF-19.
Last edit: 14 years 2 weeks ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11307

IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO SEE A TOY OF IT. THAT WOULD BE COOL IF SOMEONE DID ACTUALLY MAKE SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
14 years 2 weeks ago #11308

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds