PROJECT: ROBOTECH

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

ehh..what was it?
I am not talking about the quality or small bugs, but it looks very artificial to me. I mean if I want drama and such I will defintely watch smth else than robotech/macross related stuff like...gone with the wind or well top gun. I state that macross/robotech should have cool realistic looking transformable fighter jets in the first place. It is in the heart of everything.
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 1 week ago #11410

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Nikolay116 wrote:

I mean if I want drama and such I will defintely watch smth else

You have seen Macross or Robotech? :huh:

Lot of drama a such to me on both.
14 years 1 week ago #11414

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Lobizon wrote:

Nikolay116 wrote:

It is just my opinion. I wanted to say that one should not put too much on drama part of a potential robotech/macross movie. I personally want to see VFs like here (though this particular is a professionals creation)
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 1 week ago #11415

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Nikolay116 wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

Nikolay116 wrote:

It is just my opinion. I wanted to say that one should not put too much on drama part of a potential robotech/macross movie. I personally want to see VFs like here (though this particular is a professionals creation)

which is great if you're a computer animator. But if you're an actor and/or live-action director (as Tana Sarnt is), then VFs would be extremely cost-prohibitive.

You work with what you got.

(On another topic, that video you posted, Nikolay, raises my Macross Purist hackles. Why on earth do people take Macross Plus, or Zero, or Frontier, or DYRL, or (rarely) 7 material and slap Robotech music on it? What's the point? Is it trying to fool people? An expression of envy? Why try to turn something that isn't Robotech-related into Robotech? I'm honestly baffled by this. Looking at youtube video and RPG stats, you'd think Robotech was like the Borg, assimilating everything it can get its hands on.)
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Gubaba.
14 years 1 week ago #11417

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

The funny side of Robotech, another video made it by our friend Tana Sarnt.

"My Time to be a Star"

SYNOPSIS: Yeah, this film doesn't really need much explaining. It's pure silliness. But I couldn't resist creating a music video. Music was/is such a big part of Robotech/Macross so I had to include something. "My Time to be a Star," I thought, fits perfectly with what I'm trying to do. Enjoy!

:)
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Lobizon.
14 years 1 week ago #11450

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Gubaba wrote:

Nikolay116 wrote:

Lobizon wrote:

Nikolay116 wrote:

which is great if you're a computer animator. But if you're an actor and/or live-action director (as Tana Sarnt is), then VFs would be extremely cost-prohibitive.

You work with what you got.

(On another topic, that video you posted, Nikolay, raises my Macross Purist hackles. Why on earth do people take Macross Plus, or Zero, or Frontier, or DYRL, or (rarely) 7 material and slap Robotech music on it? What's the point? Is it trying to fool people? An expression of envy? Why try to turn something that isn't Robotech-related into Robotech? I'm honestly baffled by this. Looking at youtube video and RPG stats, you'd think Robotech was like the Borg, assimilating everything it can get its hands on.)

I'd say it's more along the lines of filling the void with their obsession. They see how cool macross is and wish Robotech could live up to that quality. I mean really, if fans are still stealing from macross then I guess the shadow chronicles didn't do its job, right? :side:

wow I just totally realized how macross puris-ty that came out, damn, oh well...

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by LadyGrimes.
14 years 1 week ago #11451

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Its just a fruit of the common misconception... Starting with the widely used 'Robotech/Macross'. That leads people to the utterly wrong conclusion everything macross is robotech...

So for some reason everyone keeps playing with that story..and slapping the Robotech title, music..what not to completely unrelated macross products/videos/designs....(other then SDFM)

How many of the 'Robotech fan projects' have Macross mecha in them ? (VF-19 most comonly to begin with)
- a lot. People just choose to call them Robotech for some reason...

That already being done ,why not expand the project to all things mecha ? (add Gundams ,evangelion,code geass..etc).. and call it.. Another century episode Fan project?

No Robotech in A.C.E.. but who knows they might add it one day :D (not likely)

Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by UEG_Productions.
14 years 1 week ago #11452

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Lobizon wrote:

"My Time to be a Star"

SYNOPSIS: Yeah, this film doesn't really need much explaining. It's pure silliness. But I couldn't resist creating a music video. Music was/is such a big part of Robotech/Macross so I had to include something. "My Time to be a Star," I thought, fits perfectly with what I'm trying to do. Enjoy!

Tana, Its tmoore2010 from youtube. Dude your the man!!! I loved this vid! Personally I think you should be directing, let alone acting.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by blackconvoy_D01.
14 years 1 week ago #11453

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Lobizon wrote:

"My Time to be a Star"

Oh boy! How did you ever convince those people to do that? Thumbs down! The only good thing I have to say is that at least it shows two different aspects. Dramatic and right down , hmm without sounding too offensive, slapsticky?

HappyPenguins wrote:

wow I just totally realized how macross puris-ty that came out, damn, oh well...

You've been spending too much time in the "evil place" that is MW.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 6 days ago #11460

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=

SIGHUP wrote:

HappyPenguins wrote:

You've been spending too much time in the "evil place" that is MW.

HAHA! :laugh:
14 years 6 days ago #11462

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds