PROJECT: ROBOTECH

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Aladdin Sane wrote:

Mark Warlock wrote: So why not show us your work MGREXX? Let's see your movie so we can see what your capable of.

This is always the worst possible response to criticism. "Hurr you couldn't do any better so you can't say anything".

What, so you've gotta be a master chef before you can comment on the quality of a meal you receive at a restaurant? You've gotta be Michael Jackson before you can say some pop song you heard on the radio isn't any good?

Don't be ridiculous.

There's a difference between saying a song isn't any good or saying a meal isnt any good and giving a reason why and just spouting crap like "oh that sucks balls".

Aladdin Sane

I'd like to think that by know you'd know that I'm actually educated enough to know the difference between a random rant and something with redeeming value.

My point is if all he can do is say someone elses work is crap... Even in your comment you didn't even use that kind of tone... Hell even if he'd have come out and said... Hey that's not any good... I'd have been fine with that.. At least he doesn't come off looking like a smug jackass.

And it's not the first post he's come off looking like an ass... So there's a pattern developing.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
14 years 6 days ago #11886

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by integrase on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

MGREXX wrote:

Sorry but this video sucks major Zentraedi balls!!!

My movie does suck balls. It is in fact a pro-homosexual movie. There is no "Don't ask don't tell" in the Robotech world...gay and straight Veritech fighter pilots fight along side one another, no judgment. How did you catch that nearly indistinct message?

Thanks MGREXX for your subtle, thoughtful and progressive review of my film. No one else was able to pick up on that except you... :unsure:
14 years 5 days ago #11902

Replied by Aladdin-Sane on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Mark Warlock wrote:
There's a difference between saying a song isn't any good or saying a meal isnt any good and giving a reason why and just spouting crap like "oh that sucks balls".

Well yes, I agree that it wasn't particularly good criticism and that they could actually have offered something constructive instead of just being stupid, immature and saying that it "sucked balls".

Still, there are better ways to deal with such things than just saying "shut up if you can't do any better" like ignoring it, reporting it to a moderator or doing exactly what integrase wound up doing and replying facetiously.
Last edit: 14 years 5 days ago by Aladdin-Sane.
14 years 5 days ago #11904

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

meh...

I'm pretty sure MGREXX would have loved the film if it had some explicit crayon art. Miriya getting funky with Crayola.

Also, no matter how bad, vile, or redundant you may think a critique is, challenging someone to 'show they can do better' is pretty much redundant in itself. You don't see film, art, theatre, food, or other critics being told by their chosen originators to show how they can do better.

No once have I told a person who said any of my projects were stupid, lame(and trust me, far worse) to challenge them to better it. You either block it out, analyse it, or go in a corner and whimper at your own failures.

I personally tend to just point and laugh at those who criticise my work, to the extent they think I am clearly insane.
14 years 5 days ago #11906

• Lobizon
  • Lobizon's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

New and Improved version of "Midnight Sky" is now up on You Tube. The credits are cleaned up, and no more annoying You Tube notifications.

"Midnight Sky" Subtitles in Spanish
14 years 22 hours ago #12082

Lobizon,

Thanks again. As usual, impressed by your ability to predict what I am going to do and then doing it (i.e.posting my new versions). You are like some Robotech forum pre-cog. What will I do next? Maybe you should just tell me. :cheer:

P.S. I really do welcome any negative feedback, I promise not to be too defensive. Bring it on!
14 years 20 hours ago #12083

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

Integrase, I love your new avatar! :cheer:
14 years 19 hours ago #12084

Son of a bitch, it's like my brain is completely accessible to everyone right now! I was literally just tooling around the site about to change my avatar but decided to read your post. I can't change it NOW! Oh, and thank you. Found it doing a BING search. Gotta say, for images I like Bing...
14 years 19 hours ago #12086

Gubaba, it's yours man! Well, it was never mine to begin with, but if you want to use it, see attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: Veritech_Fighter.gif
File Size:25 KB
14 years 19 hours ago #12088
Attachments:

• Gubaba
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Gubaba on topic Re:PROJECT: ROBOTECH

integrase wrote:

Gubaba, it's yours man! Well, it was never mine to begin with, but if you want to use it, see attached.

File Attachment:

File Name: Veritech_Fighter.gif
File Size:25 KB

"File name=Vertiech_fighter," eh?

Funny. B)
14 years 18 hours ago #12090

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds