Robotech UDK?

• BrioCyrain
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech UDK? was created by BrioCyrain

Well it seems nobody on the RT.com forums are jumping at this so I am going to post it here.

Epic Games just recently released a free version of the Unreal Engine 3 called UDK(Unreal Development Kit). The engine comes with the ability to make all sorts of games besides FPS using things like UnrealScript. I am just amazed none of the Robotech mod community has jumped at the opportunity of using such a capable and amazing engine like UE3, For FREE!

It would be cool to see a Robotech fan-game running on it, with the kind of graphics it can handle. Veritechs, Alphas, Betas, and Cyclones in clean current-gen graphics would be awesome.

For anyone who is interested you just need to go to www.udk.com and you can see in the "ShowCase" page the kinds of games people have made already.

Happy Hunting RT. Fans!
13 years 11 months ago #12327

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech UDK?

give it time, I'm sure they'll jump right on it

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
13 years 11 months ago #12328

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech UDK?

PASSED IT ON.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
13 years 11 months ago #12339

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:Robotech UDK?

BrioCyrain wrote:

Well it seems nobody on the RT.com forums are jumping at this so I am going to post it here.

Epic Games just recently released a free version of the Unreal Engine 3 called UDK(Unreal Development Kit). The engine comes with the ability to make all sorts of games besides FPS using things like UnrealScript. I am just amazed none of the Robotech mod community has jumped at the opportunity of using such a capable and amazing engine like UE3, For FREE!

It would be cool to see a Robotech fan-game running on it, with the kind of graphics it can handle. Veritechs, Alphas, Betas, and Cyclones in clean current-gen graphics would be awesome.

For anyone who is interested you just need to go to www.udk.com and you can see in the "ShowCase" page the kinds of games people have made already.

Happy Hunting RT. Fans!

I am proposing similar idea to the commuinty not only here for like 4 years already with little success. If you are so enthusiastic and willing to help - join my project:
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Nikolay116.
13 years 11 months ago #12347

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech UDK?

Definitely, you should team up.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
13 years 11 months ago #12354

Time to create page: 0.300 seconds