ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

Wow... its up to 181k views! Don't know if anyone has mentioned but it has English subs in the closed captions (cc).
I hope the trailer and project eventually get attention from sites like MTV geek as they really generated lots of exposure for the new Thundercats and Voltron.
Maybe this will get WBs thinking about a live action Robotech movie again. Wouldn't be the first time a fan short/movie got a major studio busy with a major motion picture project.

Two of the things Mav touched on... I agree the spires, and maybe the glowing structures, on the ship approaching Earth feel odd to the eye. As for the Zentraedi soldier(s), I actually think the current look is interesting as it makes them seem alien and menacing while still somewhat human.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
11 years 3 months ago #19978
The topic has been locked.
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

NICE RTSURFER. PASSING IT ON

FROM Robotech, Valkyrie Project FB
www.facebook.com/RobotechValkyrieProject?ref=ts&fref=ts

Amigos, no tenemos fecha de estreno todavia, pero podemos decirles que sera en capitulos, y se emitiran por youtube. Un millon de gracias!. //

Friends, we have no release date yet, but we can say that will be in chapters, and will be shown on youtube. Thank you very much!

Robotech Valkyrie Project
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 3 months ago #19981
  • Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

I'm sure the reason the Zentraedi was rendered in 3D was due to cost reasons since to make a Zentraedi costume would be both time and cost prohibited.

Also, wasn't the RDF findings from analyzing both human and zentraedi DNA, resolved that they're both from the same species hence mankinds predisposition to wage war. This was discussed in depth in dialogue between Captain Gloval and Exedore.

I'm thinking a costumed actor playing the Zentraedi would be far more effective in making an impact on the audience.

The spires could be fixed by adding bulbeous appendages and bends to make them look to serve a purpose whether as antennas or other kinds of sensors and/or weapons.

I do see some improvement, but I want more to be intergrated into this fan film.

I want this film to be better than those Star Wars and Star Trek fan films, Robotech deserves this more so than any other sci-fi and anime franchise out there.

In the end this fan film would benefit in having this as a crowd source project. Have an international cast and crew, costumes made, acted out and filmed by the So Cal crew and post work from these guys.

This would be the ultimate fan film indeed.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by MaverickLSC.
11 years 3 months ago #19983
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

If they are even following the series' or official (not sure whether they are the same or not anymore) route concerning genetic connections. They may try to stay faithful or they might put their own spin on the story and style.

Besides that, DNA is a bit more complicated than they are or aren't the same. Within a certain degree of deviation the Humans, Masters & Zentraedi may be considered the same. Plus there is breeding, mutations, engineering, manipulations, resizing, degradations and deformities to be taken into consideration. Not to mention artistic license and hand waving.

I believe the Valkyrie Project shows a lot of promise, they seem to be putting a great deal of love and skill into it. I hope they continue with their own vision and style for at least the initial installment(s) of the project.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by rtsurfer.
11 years 3 months ago #19985

rtsurfer wrote;

Besides that, DNA is a bit more complicated than they are or aren't the same.

Exedore verified that they are, so whose right?

Anyway I'm not nit picking here, just if this were to be a true live action fan film, I would definitely invest into some props, makeup and costumes similar to those Star Wars, HALO and Star Trek fan films that has quite a bit more value added to them than just a CG effects promo film.

rtsurfer wrote;

I believe the Valkyrie Project shows a lot of promise, they seem to be putting a great deal of love and skill into it.

Well HG certainly has faith in it, or why else are they promoting this so-called fan film through their convention panels. ;)
11 years 3 months ago #19986

CESAR TURTURRO HAS EVERYTHING HE NEEDS. HE HAS FANS ALREADY WHO ARE A PAINTBALL GROUP FROM ARGENTINA WHO ACTED IT OUT FIREFIGHT IN THE STREETS IN FIRST CLIP. AND HE HAS REAL ACTORS FOR MAJOR ROLES.

FOR A FAN FILM IT'S NOT REALLY THAT BAD AND IS WAY BETTER THAN MANY I HAVE SEEN. I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE ALIEN. YES, YOU COULD GET AN ACTOR BUT THEN HOW YOU PLAY WITH A HOARD OF THEM LATER? LIKE THE VERITECH'S JUST CG THE THING AND YOU COULD MANIPULATE IT LATER.

ALL IN ALL A GREAT JOB AND AT LEAST HE IS DOING SOMETHING TILL WB GREEN LIT THE MOVIE.

AND I THINK THE ATTENTION IS THERE JUST THAT EVERYONE IS WAITING ON A FINISHED EPISODE OR PROJECT. ONCE IT'S ROLLING THEN THERE WILL BE MORE TO TALK ABOUT.
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 3 months ago #19988

Memo wrote;

FOR A FAN FILM IT'S NOT REALLY THAT BAD AND IS WAY BETTER THAN MANY I HAVE SEEN.

When it comes to Robotech live actionfan films, there aren't too many. Besides this one, there are only three others I know of that were completed. One CGI test film with that uk english tune that I can't remember at the moment and the other was character driven drama and later dance scene at the end and finally the Steve Racer's rendition of the Max and Miriya fight scene.
When compared to these, the Robotech Valkyrie project certainly is the most developed. However I think it still needs work in order to make it exceptional to those in the Star Trek and Star Wars fandom.

Memo wrote;

I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE ALIEN. YES, YOU COULD GET AN ACTOR BUT THEN HOW YOU PLAY WITH A HOARD OF THEM LATER? LIKE THE VERITECH'S JUST CG THE THING AND YOU COULD MANIPULATE IT LATER.

Ah, you know me memo. I'm such a perfectionist, I have my own vision on how I would approach a Robotech fan film. Costumes, props, makeup and the whole nine yards. Film it in 1080p24 with full global illumination, HDRI lighting and shadows, caustics for the water and normal map all the textures.

Ah, if only I weren't so busy. ;)

Mav...
11 years 3 months ago #19990

Robotech, Valkyrie Project
Antes que termine 2013!!...//Before the end of 2013!!...

www.facebook.com/RobotechValkyrieProject...m&hc_location=stream

10 years 6 months ago #20727
  • Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re: ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION FAN SHORT!

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Lobizon.
10 years 4 months ago #20828

Robotech Valkyrie Project Update:
New video of the live action fan film.

10 years 4 months ago #20843
Time to create page: 0.512 seconds