MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL was created by MEMO1DOMINION

JUST A HEADS UP EVERYONE. CAME ACROSS A MODELER NAMED TIMESLIP FROM THE MPPC SITE WHO IS ALSO A GOOD REPLICATOR OF PROP MODELS. THANKS TO OUR NEIGHBORS AT COMIC CON WHO REPRESENT THE MPPC I WAS PUT IN TOUCH WITH THIS PERSON AND HAD A GREAT CONVERSATION WITH HIM. WILL BE WORKING WITH HIM ON BUILDING SOMETHING SPECIAL. A 4FT SDF-1 OF THE MACROSS SAGA TV SHOW.

SO, IF YOU GUYS LIKE THIS...

THEN IMAGEN A 4FT SDF-1 SITTING AT THE ROBOTECH BOOTHS IN FUTURE CONS TO SHOW OFF.

NOW, GIVEN THE CHANCE...AND NEED HELP FROM YOU GUYS..

WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS LIKE TO SEE? WILL GIVE YOU GUYS UPDATES THROUGH HERE.

NOT SURE OF TRANSFORMING IT RIGHT NOW.

AND ABOUT TIMESLIP

www.modelermagic.com/?cat=157
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 8 months ago #17262

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Lancer on topic Re: MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

Would LOVE to see an SDF-1...Macross Vrs is more detailed w/ the AA Guns etc...but it would have to transform for me to enjoy it more...since it doesnt need to open up or anything because well IT TRANSFORMS!!
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
12 years 8 months ago #17264

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

Lancer wrote:

Would LOVE to see an SDF-1...Macross Vrs is more detailed w/ the AA Guns etc...but it would have to transform for me to enjoy it more...since it doesnt need to open up or anything because well IT TRANSFORMS!!

HAHAHA... OK.. WILL LOOK INTO IT.
12 years 8 months ago #17296

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Otherwise, it would be a Veritech that doesnt transform, it would just be a model airplane..and there are plenty of those...If it is a "Macross" or "SDF" then it has to undergo a "Modular Transformation!"

And Honestly it doesnt have to be 4" long...if could be 2.5" - 3" as long as it TRANSFORMS!
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Lancer.
12 years 8 months ago #17297

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

Lancer wrote:

Otherwise, it would be a Veritech that doesnt transform, it would just be a model airplane..and there are plenty of those...If it is a "Macross" or "SDF" then it has to undergo a "Modular Transformation!"

And Honestly it doesnt have to be 4" long...if could be 2.5" - 3" as long as it TRANSFORMS!

PROBLEM IS THE CANONS TAKE UP MUCH OF THE LENGTH LEAVING VERY SMALL DETAILS OF THE REST TO WORK ON. THE SMALLER IT GETS, THE SMALLER THE BRIDGE WILL BE.
12 years 8 months ago #17298

• Mark-Warlock
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer

Replied by Mark-Warlock on topic Re: MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

This is not directed toward anyone.. Just presenting my feelings on the project based on postings.

Personally I can live with it if it doesn't convert as long as it's detailed and accurate. I have yet to see a large scale SDF-1 as it appeared in the series. I can find DYRL Macross ships all day that convert and static resin models, but not a series version.

For me it's accuracy and details. If it has those and converts.. Well then that's a bonus.

At 4 ft this thing could have the highest level of details. Accurate dimensions, Scribed panel lines, AA and destroid placements, even small variations in color for various panels to give it a more realistic appearance.

Question is, will it be Pre-launch configuration, meaning no Prometheus or Daedalus?

That alone could solve the transformation issue.

This is a great idea and more robotech fans should be building thing like this for Cons.

I hear so many fans bitch and moan cause they say Robotech is dying out and its being left behind, well as fans it's part of our job to keep it alive and projects like this with the Robotech name.. Help to do that.

Having built custom Robotech figures and shown them at cons I know a little about this. When you show up with something that replicates a part of Robotech so well it brings fans, and even people who didn't know about Robotech, out of the wood works to look at it. SciFi fans and anime fans of all kinds appreciate the dedication and hard work that goes into something like this.

I say build it whether it transforms or not. Fans will love it, non-fans will enjoy it and it just might inspire someone else to build something amazing.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
12 years 8 months ago #17300

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re: MACROSS SAGA SDF-1 4FT MODEL

Let us be realistic here. Its hard enough to come up with a 4FT Model of the SDF-1 but to have it transform? C'mon people lets be realistic!!! Of course it will be fine if it doesn't transform.

Don't forget the logistics of having the thing shipped, carried, displayed etc. A fixed SDF-1 is best in my opinion.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
12 years 8 months ago #17301

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet

Hey a boy can dream cant he...a 4ft monstrosity would be great regardless if it transformed or not, but Im just saying it would be awesome if it did, but Mark does have a valid pt.
12 years 8 months ago #17308

Time to create page: 0.340 seconds