Robotech: The Movie recut proposal

• EmSeeSquared
  • EmSeeSquared's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech: The Movie recut proposal was created by EmSeeSquared

I don't know if anyone has attempted this, but i'm strongly considering getting a copy of Megazone 23 and recutting it into a proper Robotech: The Movie, one that Carl Macek would have been proud of.

My concept is to keep the story as close to Macek's original vision as possible, setting it during the SDF-1's journey home from Pluto, having TR Edwards as the villain instead of BD Andrews, etc; i'm even considering working in footage from Macross: Do You Remember Love (minimally, i don't want to go crazy with it) to help tie it in with Robotech, instead of just redubbing Megazone and CALLING it "Robotech".

I'm actually relatively new to Robotech, having only really gotten into it in the past year, and have only just recently finished watching the Masters Saga, so if anyone is interested in the project, i'd love if someone with vast knowlege of the Robotech universe would like to participate in this fan-project as a consultant in order to help fit everything together properly with the existing story!
11 years 6 months ago #19599

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie recut proposal

WELCOME ABOARD.

HMMM.. CONTINUITY WISE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU DOING YOUR OWN THING SO JUST GO WITH IT. AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE I GUESS. BUT OTHER THAN THAT SCRIPT THE THING DOWN AND THEN START YOUR SPLICING. HOPE YOUR PROJECT COMES OUT GOOD.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 6 months ago #19600

• EmSeeSquared
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by EmSeeSquared on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie recut proposal

thanks for the welcome

Well officially, it would of course be non-canon, because i would be doing it myself, or more accurately, myself and anyone who helps with the project, if it ever gets off the ground. But the goal is to make it LOOK like it could have been official. Like you could watch it and see it as a "lost" version of the movie. Basically, to make it what it should have been in the first place.
11 years 6 months ago #19601

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie recut proposal

ALRIGHTY.

I GUESS WHEN YOU HAVE SOMETHING DONE THEN THAT'S WHEN FANS JUMP IN. SOMEONE IS WORKING ON AN ADUIO RADIO SHOW OF THE ROBOTECH SENTINELS COMICS. ME AND SOME OTHER GUYS ARE DOING AN ANIMATION/MOTION COMIC VERSION OF A STORY AS WELL.

KEEP US UPDATED.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 6 months ago #19602

• EmSeeSquared
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by EmSeeSquared on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie recut proposal

i did know about the Sentinels radio project. i had sent in an audition as Rick a few weeks ago on Voice Actors Alliance, but never heard back. Guess i didn't get it, heh. But good luck with your own project!
11 years 6 months ago #19603

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds