Robotech Fan Edits

• askforted
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech Fan Edits was created by askforted

I have put together two Robotech fan edits so far. Star Wars fans seem to love doing fan edits so I decided to do two for Robotech. One is total recut of the Robotech Masters series turning it into a two hour film.

The other one is one I just completed which is based on Carl Macek's original concept for Robotech: The Movie. It runs 1 hour and 41 minutes. The material to create the film were the following:

Robotech: The Movie
Megazone 23 Part 1
Megazone 23 Part 2
Macross TV episodes 1,3,9,15,23, 27
Macross 30th anniversary
Orguss episode 1

For the soundtrack, I used:

Robotech - Battlecry
Robotech - The 20th Anniversary Soundtrack

The story takes place during the Macross Saga while the SDF-1 is journeying back from Pluto.
11 years 2 months ago #20034

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Replied by Cernex on topic Re: Robotech Fan Edits

Yikes! This sounds awesome! I'll give it a look this saturday!

If anything, you should've tried to tie in the Sentinels animated thingy with the Masters saga in a little film or something. That would've been cool.

And add those dang flashbacks back, dangit! (Yes, I like them, sue me, :P)
11 years 2 months ago #20042

• askforted
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by askforted on topic Re: Robotech Fan Edits

I have started working on a more complex Robotech recut which does involve the war between the Robotech Masters and the Invid. Adobe Premiere's ability to composite images is making this fun. BTW... when you actually see my Robotech: The Untold Story fan edit, you will notice I used a composite of the orbital elevator from Orguss with Veritechs and Battlepods fighting around it. That happens near the end of the film and has inspired the new creation. I will let you know more as I toy with the edit.
11 years 2 months ago #20047

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech Fan Edits

I noticed that. When I saw the orbital elevator I recognized it from Orguss but when the Valkyries showed up I was like whoa. Did you use that scene to propel Shogo into space when he fought BD?
11 years 2 months ago #20054

• askforted
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by askforted on topic Re: Robotech Fan Edits

That IS how Shogo gets to space during the scene with his battle with BD. I of course had to give a reason as to how Shogo ends up in a 0G environment and the one used about a simulator in Robotech The Movie I found unsatisfactory. So, I went with the Orbital Elevator. Of course blowing it up during the battle later on was to ensure continuity with the Macross storyline.

The other thing you will notice too is Colonel Andrews has morphed in BD from Megazone 23 Part 2. While Major BD from MZ23 Part 1 stayed the same but as a pawn of Colonel Andrews.

The birth of that idea came during the garage scene when Major BD clearly mention "Colonel Andrews" as his superior. So I turned Colonel Andrews into a side character manipulating things in Japan. He is also the one in VF-1J in the opening battle blowing up the Zentraedi ship. While Major BD blows up the Zentraedi ship in the last battle in a VF-1S.
11 years 2 months ago #20057

Time to create page: 0.274 seconds