Minmei & Kyle AMV

• JaesonK
  • JaesonK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 6

Minmei & Kyle AMV was created by JaesonK

Robotech doesn't shy away from presenting viewers with heavy issues. This AMV illustrates the difficult times Minmei went through during her relationship with Kyle.

vimeo.com/63944523
11 years 6 days ago #20272

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Point-Reflex on topic Re: Minmei & Kyle AMV

You got that one!.

I never thought that this would be so directly related to a very current problem (well, as always). The violence and the destructive passion of Kyle (argh f *** you, damnable false pacifist) encompass perfectly well the reality that many women have lived and live in the present.

However, there is a problem, but ... if we rely on as Minmei acted in these times (she had thousands of chances to be free, but she decided not to take any) we find the reason of "because" these things happen.

I'm not saying it's the fault of the women, just saying that actions (such as Minmei) aggravate the situation and in 90% of cases worse.

Good information at the end of the video, good background music, you brought me good memories of the unfortunate Kyle ... argh ... Dolza attack took millions of souls ... b-but ... Why the asshole of Kyle had to survive?.

hmmp! ... will be because he has no soul? :3
Last edit: 11 years 5 days ago by Point-Reflex.
11 years 5 days ago #20273

• JaesonK
  • JaesonK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 6

Replied by JaesonK on topic Re: Minmei & Kyle AMV

When caught up in an abusive relationship, for the abused individual, it is often not as easy as just walking away. There's a lot going on. Fear, denial, dependence, confusion, etc. Many abusers come from an abusive background. The cycle keeps repeating itself until something can break it.

Kyle has these wild swings in personality from caring to abusive. When Minmei threatens to leave, he changes from anger to apologetic. He'll almost do anything to keep her from leaving. Not uncommon behavior in many cases. The thing to remember is that promises aren't guarantees.

The Minmei story represents what many women experience (famous or not so famous). Sometimes seeing it happening to someone else brings recognition to problems closer to home that denial hides and it can help motivate change.

Transformation in Robotech is more than just veritechs going to guardian or battloid modes. Transformation in Robotech is the transformation of the characters, how they respond to experiences, how they grow. That's what makes Robotech such a strong story. Rick, Lisa & Minmei are the core three characters and they are very different people by the time episode 36 comes along from how they were in Boobytrap. And it goes beyond just the primary characters.
11 years 3 days ago #20278

Replied by Point-Reflex on topic Re: Minmei & Kyle AMV

True, but thats my point. The individual participation, the desitions, or how they act from the very beginning is the main reason for the consequences in the future of the relationship.

I understand what you say about Robotech, I think the same, but somethimes is much easy if you leave everything and manage to make your own life, It isnt aviable for everyone, but in some cases (here in uruguay for example) that the abused womans became slaves of their own desitions, just because "love" or "fear".

Thats what I was trying to say.
11 years 1 day ago #20284

Replied by Mac on topic Re: Minmei & Kyle AMV

This is why a rewrite would be helpful. I love robotech ,But it is very bland as far as stories goes.When i was reading warhammer you kind of fell in love with some of the creators or hated them.But with are robotech world we really do not have that.I really did not hate kyle i only had a problem with him because rick had a issue with him.I will say I hated kyron but the did a great job with him in macross .But that's my point
11 years 1 day ago #20287

Replied by mojomike on topic Re: Minmei & Kyle AMV

The abuse she suffered form Kyle may have been tame by what she endured by the hands of TR Edwards. In the Prelude she spent over a year in the clutches of Edwards and his men on the planet Optera before the REF rescued her.
10 years 11 months ago #20316

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds