Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

• karrenia
  • karrenia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie was created by karrenia

Metal Fire" by Karen

Her last mission had not gone as well as she had expected that it would and it made no difference that they had been dealing with and unprovoked and complete unknown enemy attack on Space Station Liberty.

Her mission was to find out what had caused the communication
breakdown between Space Station Liberty and Earth Command and deal with it, and restore communications; simple enough really, when one stopped to think about it.

The only hitch in that nice, neat and straightforward plan was the fact the aliens weren't going to go peaceful-like.

For Marie Crystal it was a point of personal pride to never leave any of her own behind and she had carried out her mission.

She's a good soldier, a good officer; she knew when to stand and fight and when to pull out. If she hadn't the casualty
count would have been much higher then they currently stood.

As much as that fact rankles like an itch that she can't reach as much as she tries to squirm around in the hospital bed.

Marie's been around long enough to realize that dwelling on what might have been is about as useful as a pair of two left boots.

Marie Crystal has never liked the sensation of feeling stuck in one place; she has felt a constant need to go, to do. And as she sat up straighter in the bed and reached up to tug at the bandages wrapped around her left temple. Underneath that bandage is a gash which looked worse than it actually was; the result of a collision with the beveled half-moon interior of her cockpit.

Her head still pounds from the medicines the medics have doped her with and she finds it a little difficult to fall asleep because as soon as she closes her eyes she can imagine that she can still hear the lingering echoes of the screams of those who did not make the narrow window of opportunity that was her unit's evacuation of the
space station.

She's angry at what happened, yes, at the unprovoked attack of the yet unknown identity and intentions of the aliens; at the enforced idleness at what she believes is a relatively minor injury; and mainly just angry in general.

It gives her something to fret over, but it still means she's got a lot of time on her hands.

The bandage fall comes loose and she wads it up into a ball and tossed it overhand into the wastebasket in the far corner of the room.

Again she again reaches up to touch the healing scar on her left temple; it is strangely rough to her sensitive
fingers. "That will clear up soon enough," Marie muttered under her breath.

"Then I'll be cleared for active duty. To my way of thinking, 'that can't happen soon enough. Marie laughed, some if not most of her anger fading away as she added. "You just can't keep a good girl down. I figure we may have lost this first battle, but we've just begun to fight." :)
Last edit: 15 years 3 months ago by karrenia.
15 years 3 months ago #2073
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

FIRST.. WELCOME ABOARD. HOPE YOU SIGN IN AND INTRODUCE YOUSELF. AND

NICE READ. THE HEAD SHOT OF MIRIYA KINDA THREW ME OFF SINCE THE STORY WAS ABOUT MARIE.
LET'S SEE WHERE YOU GO WITH THIS.

THIS YOUR FIRST FAN FIC?
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 3 months ago #2089

• karrenia
  • karrenia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by karrenia on topic Re:Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

Thanks for the comments on the story. I wanted to do a Marie Crystal centric piece so I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I have a special fondness for the Southern Cross series and its characters. <grin> Thanks again and take care, karrenia
15 years 2 months ago #2273
Attachments:

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

Nice story :)
and Welcome to RTX!!! :P
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
15 years 2 months ago #2279

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

very nice! Marie is definitely one of my favorite RT characters

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 2 months ago #2296

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Metal Fire (Robotech: Southern Cross, Marie

Hey! Welcome to the site:) Really good fanfic, can't wait to read more:lol:
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 2 months ago #2500

Time to create page: 0.435 seconds