Robotech: The Movie - new intro

• coinilius
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech: The Movie - new intro was created by coinilius

Hi guys,

I've been playing around with Robotech: The Movie, trying to work out if there is anything that could be done fan-edit wise to improve it any, make it 'fit' into the Robotech universe a little better. In all honesty, short of a total re-write and re-dubbing, I don't know if that is actually possible to do...

But what I have done is put together a new opening for the movie, replacing the Star Wars scroll with images from the episode Booby Trap and Megazone 23 part II (as well as from Robotech: The Movie/Megazone 23).

(It's obviously very rough still, I just used a VHS rip source from Youtube for the footage)
10 years 2 months ago #20932

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie - new intro

THATS WELL DONE.

VERY NICE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
10 years 2 months ago #20935

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie - new intro

Agreed. There's been other fan edits that put the Untold Story within Macross (specifically when the SDF-1 warps to Pluto). Of course the Southern Cross scenes would have to be edited out. I always felt it could be placed within Southern Cross & New Generation..
10 years 2 months ago #20936

• coinilius
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by coinilius on topic Re: Robotech: The Movie - new intro

Thanks for the comments! I've watched the one which tries to make it more like the 'original' cut which had it during the time the SDF-1 was coming back from Pluto - the creator of it had some interesting ideas!

Personally, I'd love to see a total re-dub which sets the events of the movie on-board the SDF-1 as it's returning from Pluto - Andrews is trying to stage a mutiny by taking control of Macross City and the EVE computer system, instead of Southern Cross footage use scenes from Macross (or even 'Do You Remember Love?' for that extra theatrical quality), but that would be near impossible!

I was thinking about what other changes could be made to try to make the movie a little more 'canonical' while still keeping it where it is in the timeline but its pretty hard - the scene where the Masters actually communicate with Leonard would have to go, for starters, and the line about 'the Masters that came before us'...

Setting it within the Robotech Masters saga could also work - make it so that the scenes from Southern Cross are the actual scenes from the series, with the rest of the movie happening 'behind the scenes' as it were...
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by coinilius.
10 years 2 months ago #20937

Time to create page: 0.344 seconds