I had started a fanfic

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • Last_Valk_Standing's Avatar Topic Author
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

I had started a fanfic was created by Last_Valk_Standing

But i have not gotten far with it yet. I'll post what i have of it as soon as i dig up the file off my old laptop. (it died on me)

I wanted to do a story from the perspective of a few characters at once. One was a mechanic at the RDF Air Station on Macross Island. The other two were Pilots in training. All of this started out prior to the events in the first episode of the series.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 11 months ago #278

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by drex-1 on topic Re:I had started a fanfic

sounds like the makings of a good story,cant wait to read what you have so far.
LT Commander
VF-200 Demon Shadow Squadron

Demon Shadow 3
Call Sign...Silent Death

VF-751 Black Flame
15 years 11 months ago #291

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:I had started a fanfic

Ok this is a part of an old copy my stories i had posted to my myspace months ago. It isn't the most up to date as that is locked away on my junked laptop for the moment but it gives an idea of what i'm doing with it.

I kinda puttered out when i read the Attention On Deck fan fic. To say the least i will never achive that level of awesomeness in my story but i can try. LOL.

PS if the refrence to fighter models isn't right let me know.

The late morning sun was just beginning to warm up the runway below the SDF-1. As the day was just beginning for the population of Macross Island, in hanger 1-A the it was already running behind.
The Hanger space was a clustered mess. Hoses and heavy-duty electrical cords criss-crossed the hanger floor like wild jungle vines. The big veritech fighters were wedged into the hanger, skillfully packed in like a massive and very expensive jigsaw puzzle. The VF-1 series looked very much like the F-14 Tomcats of the old US Navy years before. For the most part the hanger was unusually quiet. Normally the air is filled with the sounds of drills, air tools and the hum of Power carts. But this morning the only sounds were coming from a Jet on the end. With all of its panels removed and most of it's components stacked next to it on racks. It didn't look too impressive.
Rob Jacobs was having a rough morning so far. At 5'10 he wasn't tall but with a husky build he was still a tight fit in the narrow cockpit of the fighter.

The morning was not going well. A new munitions control board had been installed and Rob was doing the operational checks. The Control board was not properly interfaceing with the onboard computer systems on the VF-1J Veritech fighter. As usual the parts room had given him the wrong parts. The VF-1J had different systems then the VF-1A's that the Training Command used.

A voice from below his feet in the nose gear bay let out a muffled curse. Rob took a deep breath. He had just received a couple of new mechanics fresh out of school. It was frustrating sometimes.
"Hey Sasha, did you disconnect the power to the emergency extension system before you started messing with the explosive bolts?" Rob waited for the reply that he already knew was coming. His fingers were numb for a week after he had zapped himself his first time.
"NO!" Sasha grumbled and pulled the breaker with his numb fingers.
"Hey Rob, Phone call for you." The cleaner leaned out of the office door holding up a phone.

"Is it Maintenance Control?" Rob looked at the clock and silently cursed the Director of Maintenance. He always expected things to be exactly on time. An unrealistic expectation in aviation or the military.
The cleaner said something into the phone but quickly took it away from his ear as the person on the other end shouted at him. "Yes sir it's the DOM." He tossed the phone to Rob and beat a hasty retreat with his cleaning gear in tow.
Rob took a long deep breath before putting the phone to his ear."Rob here." He tried to contain his frustration and hoped that it did not show in his voice.
" I thought I left specific orders that the cleaners are NOT allowed to answer the phone!" The Lt's voice sounded raspy.
" Sir with all due respect I have a hanger full of broken jets to repair so if you need something please tell me now so we don't run any farther behind schedule." Rob was pushing the lines as far as being respectful to the commissioned officers was concerned, but the point had to be made.
"I am informing you that we will be assigning cadets as assistant Division Officers in the Air Wing support groups. That includes maintenance. You are to see to it that they learn everything you can stuff into their heads in three weeks." Rob let out an audible moan.

"You will treat them with respect as though they were full officers. If you have an issue with them you will contact me about it understood?"
"Yes sir." Great now I get to baby sit the puppies...Robs head felt light.
"Oh and Rob, don't you ever speak to me or the cadets like that ever again. You aren't untouchable."
Before Rob could even reply the line went dead. How did I ever get into this mess? Rob looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost noon. The first jet had to be out of the hanger in thirty minutes. He put the phone back on the wall and went back out into the hanger. The rest of the day's crew was just starting to arrive..

The Barracks for the Robotech Defense Force Training Command sat along the edge of the city on Macross Island. The three-story structures dull gray paint and lack of ornations made them seem almost dreary. The facility was tucked in at the base of the cliffs on the east side of the island so around the building the last of the cool night air was just beginning to fill with the early morning sounds of birds and the passing hum of the delivery van dropping off the morning papers at the quarterdeck. Up on the second floor of the building a window was open to vent the stale re-circulated air of the A/C system to the out side. The room beyond was dark, hidden behind light blocking shades was a room lined with rows of bunk beds. The occupant's clothes littered the floor.

The door opened up and a man about in his late teens dressed smartly in and RDF cadet uniform stepped in and looked around the room squinting his eyes to see into the dark abyss. Spotting a single rack near the back of the room he entered the compartment.

"Chris get up! What are you doing bed still man, you've got watch in 5 minutes!"
Steve turned the lights on and walked over to the rack he correctly identified as the sleeping place of Cadet Second Rate Chris Machonly.
Chris looked at the clock on the dresser through his still sleep filled eyes. 6:30 am. "Actually my watch doesn't start till 7:15, so I have 15 more minutes to sleep, now go away." He pushed his head into the pillow and closed his eyes. Chris was one of the older cadets. At 26 he was the " Old Man" of the division.
"That's why you are always barely on time for your watches, and anything else in life for that matter." Steve turned the lights on full bright and received multiple variations on "Shut the lights off if you value life" from the other inhabitants of the room hidden in the bunks.
"Someday you are going to thank me for this." Suddenly the rack tipped over and dumped its occupant unceremoniously on the cold floor.
"ALL RIGHT THEN!" growled Chris as he stood up in his now upturned bed. "I wish you would stop being so perky in the morning. It makes me feel old."
"I wish you would get to your watch so Steve will turn the lights back off!" Called Yoshi from the top rack next to Steve.
"What is the weather like Steve?" Asked Chris as he rummaged through the pile of clothes in his corner of the room.
Steve looked at his watch, and then out the window. "I have not been out of the barracks as of yet, but I think it is supposed to be hot and humid again."
"Ok then, no undershirt." Chris pulled on his cadet blues and slipped into his boots.
"You'll be sunk if the Lt does an inspection and catches you out of uniform. You know tha-" Steve gagged as a pillow scored a direct hit in the back of his head.
"Sink this and shut up!" Yoshi leaned far out of his rack and hit the light switch. "Now if you would be so kind as to return my pillow..."

The common smelled strongly of cleaner and the fumes were bad enough to make Chris feel light headed.
"Wow you've been busy this morning haven't you?" Chris covered his nose with the sleeve of his tunic and moved quickly to the stair.
"We have a barracks inspection tomorrow and I'm not going to get demerits for stupid small stuff." Steve gave the wall clock a disapproving glance. Chris caught this.
"Did you ever find out who set the clock ahead three hours last week?"
Steve shot a glare at Chris but said nothing. Last week Steve had made a big scene about not being late, so on his watch night Chris and some friends set the clock ahead so Steve left "extra" early for his watch. It was still the gag of the month. Steve didn't know for sure but he felt he had a clue as to who it was...

The sun was just coming over the lip of the mountains and showing on the tops of the taller buildings when Chris arrived for his watch at the Airbase. He saluted the OOD and performed a shortened version of the pass down.
Kim was in no mood to idle around. She had been standing the watch for six hours and had only two hours to get rest before the muster at 9:15.
"Just to let you know, the Mayor may be stopping by the base before muster so I suggest that you not do anything foolish today." Kim gave Chris a stern look.
Chris grinned "Why is everyone so up tight today? I haven't even been out of bed more than an hour and I have been convicted unfairly twice already."
Kim rolled her eyes."Well that one small fact that with flight training coming up and the Lt saying he is looking for a new mess officer could have some bearing on it." She then yawned and walked off the quarterdeck before Chris could reply.....
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL

Last edit: 15 years 11 months ago by Last_Valk_Standing. Reason: Because it needed it and i wanted to. LOL
15 years 11 months ago #293

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

I will be shuffleing some of the details around but this is so far what i have.

I actually have several fic projects in works and this is just one of them. My other copy when i find it has Gloval and the mayor in it. I enjoy pitting them off on one another as the two worlds are so different. The politician who has no sense of anything but self, and the Military that thinks of nothing but ohters. One has honor the other all the looks but none of it.

Obviously this story is taking place some time before the First episode. Hopefully by posting here i'll motivate to get this back on track :)

Member of AkL

15 years 11 months ago #387

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:I had started a fanfic

You must continue, now more than ever.
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
14 years 8 months ago #5501

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback

*rolls eyes*

I'll think about it LOL

Member of AkL

14 years 8 months ago #5510

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:I had started a fanfic

I like this point of view of the story! Good Job!
now more plz
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
14 years 8 months ago #5513

Time to create page: 0.330 seconds