A Ripple in Time. Part 1

• SKULL-LEADER-200
  • SKULL-LEADER-200's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

A Ripple in Time. Part 1 was created by SKULL-LEADER-200

A Ripple in Time. Part 1

This 10 part story takes place in the Shadow Chronicles Era. It starts a month later were the Shadow Chronicles movie left off, and brings both present day and past characters together to stop the Haydonites from trying to destroy the human race. Enjoy.

<u><b>Chapter 1:</b></u>

The battle is raging bad. Skull squadron is giving it all they got to buy the Ark Angel enough time to get her reflex furnace up and running. A group of Haydonite fighters are closing fast on the squadron. Over the radio Marcus contacts Maia. <b>"Commander Sterling, enemy ships are in pursuit and gaining."</b> Maia turns and sees how much trouble they are in and says <b>"I can't get a weapons lock on them." "No problem Skull Leader. I'll take care of them."</b> Having said that Alex breaks formation to attack the coming Haydonite attack group. <b>"Ok, boys. Lets see you avoid a blast from my Synchro cannon."</b> Alex begins to fire up his synchro cannon when the enemy begins firing at him. Hundreds of tiny red bullets fly past Alex when he is suddenly hit by the last few bullets. His synchro cannon begins over loading. Then just after the order to jettison the synchro cannons is given Alex cant eject his. Marcus watch's as his long time friend and wingman continues to fly towards the enemy fighters when Maia suddenly responds to Alex’s' report about being unable to eject the synchro cannon. Maia sounds afraid of what Alex is thinking when she asks <b>"Alex what're you doing?"</b> In a solemn voice Alex responds with <b>"Those enemy fighters are coming in too fast. You'll never make it back to space station Liberty alive."</b> Marcus turns to look at Alex’s' shadow fighter saying <b>"Alex, don’t do this."</b> Marcus continues to watch the shadow fighter, Maia ordering Alex to eject and Alex refusing. Alex flew his shadow fighter right at the enemy fighters and exploded in a flash of bright light. <b>"Noooooooooooo."</b>

Marcus is suddenly sitting up in his bed in a cold sweat. Looking over at his clock he notices that it is 0400 hours. 30 minutes to get ready to launch for recon patrol. The corridor of the Ark Angel was dimly lit in the early hours of the morning. Marcus is making his way to the hanger when someone walks up behind him and says, <b>"Ready for our recon Marcus?"</b> It was Scott Bernard. <b>"Yeah, I just didn't sleep to well is all. I had the dream about Alex again. Fourth one this month."</b> Scott looked at Marcus with concern. <b>"Are you sure your alright to take this recon patrol?"</b> <b>"Yeah, I'm alright."</b> But the truth was Marcus was not okay. It had been a month since that battle took place and Alex died trying to buy Skull squadron enough time to get back to Space Station Liberty. Meanwhile aboard one of the Haydonite ships. A meeting has been called to determine how best to get the protoculture matrix from the humans and destroy them once and for all. <b>"We must find a way to get the protoculture matrix from the humans and destroy them."</b> As the meeting continued on another Haydonite walked in from the awareness’s chamber saying <b>"It has been decided by the awareness that we must go back to a time when the humans were most vulnerable. According to their history that would have been after the first Robotech war. Their battle Fortress the SDF-1 was very weak at that time."</b> The Haydonite that had called the meeting calculated this possibility for a moment then said <b>"Very well. We shall do as the awareness has commanded.</b>

The meeting was dismissed and the Haydonites began preparations to travel back in time. Forming a fold bubble around the Haydonite ships, the bubbles began to rotate in a counter clock wise motion. Faster and faster until the ships it seemed were sucked up inside their own bubble, leaving behind a massive shockwave that would travel for light-years on end in all directions. Mean while Marcus and Scott are on patrol when their scanners pick up the shock wave on long-range sensors. <b>"Hey Scott are you picking this up on sensors?"</b> <b>"Yes I am Marcus hang on I'll radio the Ark Angel and see what they want us to do. Skull Recon to the Ark Angel. Come in Ark Angel."</b> <b>"This is Captain Grant go ahead Skull Recon."</b> <b>"Sir were picking up a strange shockwave on our sensors and we..."</b> Just then Louie cuts off Scott with an urgent report. <b>"You guys need to get back hear immediately. That shockwave is a temporal shockwave and it just up on my sensors as well and I did an analysis of it and I have found out that its extremely dangerous. It will rip to shreds anything it come into contact with."</b> Scott looks stunned for a moment then responds. <b>"Right were coming back now. Skull recon out."</b> Contacting Marcus Scott informs him of the situation and they both head back. Mean while back aboard the Ark Angel. <b>" Louie is there anyway to avoid this shockwave?"</b> Louie with a grim look on his face shakes his head. <b>"No."</b> Louie begins to think for a moment then his expression changes and a smile appears on his face. <b>"But wait there might be away after all. If we used the same technique that we used to escape the gravity well of that Black Hole last month we might be able to do it. But we would need both the Ark Angel and the Icarus to perform the same technique at the same time in close proximity to each other in order for it work. Then we could just ride the shock wave."</b> Captain Grant thinks for a moment then says, <b>"Very well then. Lt. contact the Icarus and inform them that both ships will be performing the Nichols maneuver."</b> <b>"Yes sir. Attention Icarus this is the Ark Angel prepare to perform simultaneous Nichols Maneuver on Captains mark. Comm line will remain open throughout the duration of the maneuver. Sir all hands on both the Ark Angel and the Icarus are ready for your command."</b> Captain Grant acknowledges the Lt. and turns to the ensign at the flight control consol. <b>"Ensign has Scott Bernard and Marcus docked with us yet?"</b> The young ensign turns to the captain and responds. <b>"Yes sir. They just landed in the launch bay."</b>

Just as the captain was about to respond the red alert signal sounded. Captain Grant turned to Louie to find out what was going on. And Louie responded saying, <b>"The temporal Shockwave is rapidly approaching our position."</b> Captain Grant turns back to the communications officer. <b>"Tell the Icarus to begin the maneuver now. Louie active the bubble."</b> Both ships simultaneously perform the Nichols maneuver with enough strength to withstand the shockwave. The shockwave passes through them and continues on, leaving the Ark Angel and the Icarus disabled. Capt. Grant turns to Louie. <b>"Louie damage report on both ships."</b> <b>"Sir the reflex furnace and fold system on both ships and the Shadow device on the Icarus are out of commission. It will take an hour to get it all working again."</b> <b>"Very well get to work on it immediately."</b> Louie acknowledges Captain Grants order and starts working with Janice to solve the problem. Captain Grant turns to the communications officer, <b>"Try to contact the Aluce Moon base. Tell them of what is coming their way."</b> <b>"Yes sir. Moon base Aluce this is the Ark Angel please respond. We have an urgent message. Sir I cant reach the Moon Base."</b> Captain Grant sits there for a moment then turns to Louie. <b>"Louie how are repairs coming?"</b>

<b>"Were doing great, if we keep up at this pace repairs should be done in no time at all."</b> After about an hour repairs are finished. Captain Grant has just given the order to enter fold space. When the red alert signal goes off. Captain Grant looks at Louie to find out what’s going on. But before Louie can explain it became apparently clear when the Invid appear. Captain Grant orders all pilots to their fighters. But then the communications officer informs Captain Grant that the Regis is contacting them. <b>"Well lets see what the Regis has to say. Lets see it."</b> The Regis appears on the screen. <b>"I am the Invid Regis and I have come bearing you grave information. The children of the Shadow have found a way to travel back through time to gain control of a very powerful protoculture supply when the human race was weaker then now."</b> Captain Grant sits in his chair in shock. Then it suddenly hit Louie. <b>"That would mean that they have traveled back to just after the first Robotech war. The Earth and the SDF-1 were vulnerable at that time."</b> The Regis agreed. <b>"I will make preparations to you all back through time to the time that the Children of the Shadow have gone to. But it will take a little time to gather up enough strength to send you to the past. I will contact you again when I am ready."</b> Captain Grant sits there wondering why the Invid are helping them and turns toward the monitor. <b>"Wait, Not that I am not grateful, But why are you helping us?"</b> The Regis looks back at the captain. <b>"Because if the Children of the Shadow get there hands on the Protoculture not only will they enslave all races in the universe. They will rule the galaxy for thousands of years."</b> With that the monitor closed and the Regis's face was gone from the screen.
I got a sick and twisted sense of humor and I\'m proud of it man
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
Captain: SKULL LEADER 200
DEMON SHADOW 1 (Leader)
Call Sign:
\"BLACK DEMON\"
Weapons:
VF-200S
Reversed Blade Samurai Sword of the Dark Fin
16 years 3 weeks ago #36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SKULL-LEADER-200
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by SKULL-LEADER-200 on topic Re:A Ripple in Time. Part 1

<u><b>Chapter 2:</b></u>

Meanwhile back in the year 2011. The city of New Macross is a buzz with the usual life and laughter of its inhabitants. At a house 3 miles from the site of the SDF-1 a phone begins ringing off the hook. The owner of the house is still in bed asleep and groggily reaches for the phone and picks it up. The sound of a groggy newly promoted Captain Rick Hunter answers the phone with, <b>"He-Hello?"</b> <b>"Don't you hello me Captain Hunter you were supposed to be on recon duty over an hour ago. Why aren’t you here?"</b> Rick sat up in bed slamming his head against the ledge of the window sill. <b>"Ow what the... Uhh, Lisa I mean Ma'am. Uhh what do you mean? Its only 05:30 I don’t have to be on for patrol till 07:30."</b> <b>"Well check your watch again Captain. Its 08:45."</b> Rick checked the clock beside his bed and suddenly noticed that it hadn't been plugged in. <b>"Oh no I'm sorry Lisa I forgot to plug my clock in last night before I went to bed. I will be right over."</b> Lisa's voice started to become more scornful than the time she chewed him out during his first mission for flying so dangerously. <b>"You had better Lieutenant."</b> <b>"Uh, that’s Captain Lisa."</b> <b>"Not if you don’t get over hear right now you wont be."</b> Rick's eyes got wide and he snapped at attention sitting up in bed saying <b>"Yes ma'am."</b> Rick jumps out of bed and gets a quick shower gets his flight suit on and runs outside locking his front door behind him. Rick runs down the sidewalk until he sees a cab coming up so he flags it down. The cab stops right in front of him and he jumps in telling the cab driver, <b>"Take me to the Prometheus and there’s an extra 200 in it for you if you step on it."</b> The Cab driver slams on the gas pedal and in 10 min. the cab arrives at its destination. Rick jumps out and pays the driver along with the extra 200 that he promised. Rick heads to the flight deck of the Prometheus, runs straight for his veritech. He sees one of the deck officers standing by his plane and salutes when he gets up to the veritech. <b>"Captain Hunter your veritech is fueled and ready for launch. Just fire up the engines when you get settled."</b> Rick jumps into the cockpit and puts his helmet on saying <b>"Thanks Bill."</b> Launching his veritech he receives an incoming message so he turns on his screen. Lisa appears and her expression tells him she’s not happy. <b>"Listen buster, you may be a captain but that doesn't mean you can sleep in whenever you want to. If your ever late again I'll have you standing in a court room being stripped of your rank mister do you understand me?"</b> Rick nods his head in agreement. <b>"Now head over to area 5 Lambda 31. Your patrol begins there."</b> <b>"Yes ma'am."</b> With that being said Rick flies off southward of the SDF-1 site.

Just outside of the moons range the Haydonite ships that had used a fold jump maneuver to travel back in time appear. Aboard the Haydonite flag ship the Haydonites are formulating a plan to destroy the inhabitants of the Earth and take the Protoculture Factory for there race. <b>"We must get the Protoculture from the humans. We must consult the awareness for this mission."</b> <b>"Agreed."</b> After consulting the awareness the Haydonites launch a massive attack on the Earth. Warning alarms all over the SDF-2 go off. Lisa turns to Vanessa to find out what’s going on, but before Vanessa can respond the SDF-2 is suddenly hit by a barrage of missiles from the Haydonite attack fleet. Meanwhile Rick is flying over area 5 Lambda 31 when he recieves a distress signal from the rest of his recon squadron about 20 miles ahead of him. Max appears on the other end of the screen. <b>"Rick its Max. We've got problems hear. Some new alien threat has started atting the recon group and both the SDF-1 and 2."</b> Rick is startled by this information. <b>"Is everyone over there allright?"</b> Max nods his head with a grim expression on his face. <b>"Yeah were all fine but we're going to need backup soon. Theres too many of them and for some reason we can't get a lock on them to fire our missiles. So when you get up hear you need to set your tageting scanners to manual."</b> <b>"Right, I'm on my way..."</b> Just then he's cut off by Lisa's voice giving an order for all veritechs to return to the SDF's to defend them. <b>"Max you get all that?"</b> Max nods. <b>"We're pulling out and heading back to base see you there."</b> With that Max's face dissapears from the screen and Rick turns his Skull One veritech back toward the North were the SDF- 1 and 2 are and hits his afterburners.

Back in the year 2042, the Ivid Regis contacts the Arch Angel and Icarus. <b>"I am ready to send you back in to the past you will arive just mere minutes after the attack on Earth has already begun. The portal will stay open until you pass back through after completing your mission. Good Luck."</b> With that the portal opens. Captain Grant sits there in his chair. <b>"Very well. Helm set course for the time portal."</b> <b>"Yes sir."</b> With that being said the Arch Angel and the Icarus begin moving towards the open time portal. All the while everyone is wondering what their next move will be once they reach the past. The two ships pass straight through the portal and into the year 2011. The portal opens on the other side of the Earth and both ships pass through. Captain Grant turns to Louie. <b>"Louie give me a battle status and situation report of the Earth."</b> Louie calculates the numbers and turns to Captain Grant. <b>"Sir, the Haydonites have already begun the attack. They are attacking the SDF-1 and 2 along with the Earth itself."</b> Captain Grant turns to the flight operator. <b>"I want all squadrons launching now as if I gave the order 5 minutes ago."</b> The ensign nods to Captain Grant. <b>"Yes sir. Attention, attention all veritech Squadrons. You are ordered to launch immediatly."</b> With that the Super Shadow fighters and Alpha Fighters begin launching heading straight for Earth.

Will they be able to save the Human Race? Only time will tell.

On the next exciting episode of Robotech. The Arch Angel and the Icarus have traveled back into the past with the help of the Invid Regis herself to save mankind from total destruction at the hands of the Haydonites. Now fighter pilots of the future and past will work together to drive the Haydonites back to the future were they belong. Can it be done and what other surprises do the Haydonites have in store for the Humans. All of these are very good questions. Find out in A Ripple in Time Part 2.
DEMON SHADOW 1 (Leader)
Call Sign:
\"BLACK DEMON\"
Weapons:
VF-200S
16 years 3 weeks ago #37

Replied by LonewolfMX on topic Re:A Ripple in Time. Part 1

Like your story I cant wait for part II!:)
16 years 2 weeks ago #52

• SKULL-LEADER-200
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by SKULL-LEADER-200 on topic Re:A Ripple in Time. Part 1

Glad you liked it. I am currently working on it,if you have any ideas you are wlcome to give them and I will try my best to incorporate them into the my stories.
DEMON SHADOW 1 (Leader)
Call Sign:
\"BLACK DEMON\"
Weapons:
VF-200S
16 years 2 weeks ago #53

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:A Ripple in Time. Part 1

Wow, nice!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
16 years 2 weeks ago #68

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:A Ripple in Time. Part 1

nice story, very well written =)

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 11 months ago #286