Fanfic Idea: Loose Canon

• sanman
  • Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Thank you received: 0

Fanfic Idea: Loose Canon was created by sanman

Here's something I just posted on the Robotech.com discussion forum, and I thought I'd re-post it here as well:

www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.ph...2002375&pagenumber=1

What if Khyron had met up with the Robotech Masters?

I think the Masters would have rewarded Khyron, by giving him more support, etc.

Gee, that gives me an idea for a fanfic. What if the Masters had received messages from Khyron before his death? What if the Masters had been monitoring Khyron during his final attack against SDF-1, and maybe that's how they knew where to look for the SDF-1 crash site.

What if after reaching the SDF-1 crash site, the Masters then cloned Khyron just like they'd cloned Zor? I could make a great fanfic out of that!

In the 80s as a kid, somehow I thought that Khyron had a twin clone. The reason I thought this, was because of one of the toy commercials:

"It's Breetai! Dolza! And evil Khyron-2!"

I swear - that's what I thought they meant! :lol:

And the commercials came out at the same time as the show, so that means it could be canon! :P

----

I know what we can call the story - "Loose Canon"

The Masters scout parties arrive at the SDF-1 crash site, and while looking around, manage to find some of Khyron's remains. They decide to clone Khyron just like they did Zor, in the hopes of utilizing him to find the hidden Protoculture matrix.

However, Khyron is cloned in micronized form, and not as a macronized Zentraedi. Unlike his dead namesake, Khyron-2 is human-sized. He is given a Red Invid-fighter Bioroid to pilot, just like Zor Prime.

Also like Zor, his personality is not easily controllable, making him a loose cannon as he was in his former life. His intensely aggressive nature makes him a natural rival to Zor Prime.

Khyron-II shows up in episode 40 ("Volunteers") piloting his Red Bioroid to harass the shuttle near Space Station Liberty, with Dana and Marie barely fighting him off at the end.

Here is episode 40, where Dana and Marie have to fight off Khyron the Second:

Khyron escapes to fight another day, of course.
14 years 9 months ago #4616

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds