Squadron Insignia

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!
  • Thank you received: 0

Squadron Insignia was created by Lancer

Ok...So I get a call from Memo and he wants to start a Squadron similar to what The 501s of Star Wars did...We would be the MD11s of Shadow Squadron or something of the like...now we just need an insignia and colors...

My vote would be Black w/ Yellow piping...and the sig would be...A Solar Eclipse w/ either a Sabre Cyclone w/ Blades out with the guys arms crossed in Battloid or a Shadow Fighter in Plane mode flying up or a Shadow Fighter in Battloid Mode w/ the Eclipse in the background...The Cyclone & Alapha would be Black w/ Yellow Piping.

Oh Oh or you can have it w/ the eclipse in the background and Alpha Legioss flying up in the foreground.

Thats my 2 cents whats yours?
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
14 years 8 months ago #5144

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

THANKS A LOT LANCER.. GETTING MY LEVEL 1 ROBOTECH GURU TOGETHER ON THIS. BROOK IS ON THE CASE AS WELL.

AT COMIC CON, SINCE WAY BACK AND THATS WHERE I WAS FOR A WHILE IN THE 501'ST LEGION AND NOW HAVE GROWN I HOPE TO MAKE A UNIT PATCH FOR US AS WELL WITH OUR OWN CVR ARMOR GROUP TO REPRESENT THE BOOTH AS A WHOLE.

SO IDEAS ARE WELCOMED AND CONTINUETY.

HEHEH
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 8 months ago #5148

JUST SAW ISAMUS DRAWING IDEA ON ONE.. PRETTY GOOD.

WHAT WOULD IT REPRESENT? I FIGURED THE MARINES THAT WENT DOWN AT REFLEX POINT IN FINAL EPESODE.

NOW LOOKS LIKE ALL THE FUN WILL BE IN THE ARC ANGEL AS WELL SO WHAT NAME DO WE GIVE THIS SPECIAL SQUADRON? THE COOL THING IS ONE CAN USE VARIANT COLORS. I KNOW BROOK GOING TO BRING HIS PALLEDIUM KNOWLEGE INTO THIS BUT I DONT THINK COLOR MAKES A DIFFERENCE IN THE ARMOR SO FANS CAN ENJOY WHATEVER COLOR THEY LIKE.

REINHARDT MARAUDERS IN THE LAST WAVE AGAINST REFLEX POINT AND THEN PUT WITH GRANTS COMMAND TO FIND RICK.

WHAT YOU GUYS THINK?
14 years 8 months ago #5225

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

Okay well here are some of the VF84 Jolly Rogers squadron patches. I am extremely bias since I just love the Jolly Rogers VF-84 and VF-103 squadrons. Just an F-14 fanatic in general.

The patch has to have some meaning as it did for example with the Jolly Rogers, it is said that the "bones are supposedly the remains of Ensign Jack Ernie of VF-17. Ernie was allegedly killed during the Okinawa invasion in World War II, earning a posthumous Navy Cross. As his flaming aircraft spiraled towards earth, he made one last radio transmission in which he asked "Remember me with the Jolly Rogers." According to the story, Ernie's family later presented the squadron with the set of skull and crossbones and asked the squadron to fulfill Ernie's last wish. However no Jack Ernie appears on squadron rosters for VF-17, VF-61, or VF-84. VF-17 did not serve in the Okinawa campaign, and the first VF-84 of 1944-45, formed around VF-17 veterans, had no one by that name on its roster. Nor is anyone named Ernie on the Navy's list of Navy Cross recipients, for example. None of this has stopped the "Jolly Rogers", regardless of year or squadron number, from embracing this tale."

So that should be taken into consideration, what are we commemorating here. I'm not a fan for betas since i like more of the Macross stuff, but we have to find a healthy balance.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #5236

what are we commemorating here. I'm not a fan for betas since i like more of the Macross stuff, but we have to find a healthy balance.

POINT TAKEN. THIS WILL BE PURELLY FANFICTIONAL. I AM JUST TRYING TO ADD THE ENDING OF ROBOTECH. AND THE SEARCH FOR RICK HUNTER.

NOW TE SKULLS ARE ONBOARD THE ARC ANGEL NOW AND WE SURE DONT KNOW HOW THE STORY WILL PLAY OUT. BUT WE ALSO NEED TO PRODUCE OUR OWN PRODUCT AND DESIGN. UNIT PATCH, NUMBER, SHIRTS, ETC, ETC. WE GET TO CLOSE TO THE SKULLS AND ROBOTECH AND YOU KNOW WE BE LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.
14 years 8 months ago #5251

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

Nice collection you got there Sighup!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 8 months ago #5256

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

what are we commemorating here. I'm not a fan for betas since i like more of the Macross stuff, but we have to find a healthy balance.

POINT TAKEN. THIS WILL BE PURELLY FANFICTIONAL. I AM JUST TRYING TO ADD THE ENDING OF ROBOTECH. AND THE SEARCH FOR RICK HUNTER.

NOW TE SKULLS ARE ONBOARD THE ARC ANGEL NOW AND WE SURE DONT KNOW HOW THE STORY WILL PLAY OUT. BUT WE ALSO NEED TO PRODUCE OUR OWN PRODUCT AND DESIGN. UNIT PATCH, NUMBER, SHIRTS, ETC, ETC. WE GET TO CLOSE TO THE SKULLS AND ROBOTECH AND YOU KNOW WE BE LOOKING FOR TROUBLE.

I know its fanfictional I just posted the example from where we could derive the patch from. Maybe a black hole and the SDF-3 haha.

@Last_Valk

Yeah those patches are great, still cannot decide which one to put on my laptop bag. Probably gonna be one of the VF-84. That is my favorite.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 8 months ago #5259

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

Do we get flight suits too? =P
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
14 years 8 months ago #5271

• Lancer
  • Lancer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:Squadron Insignia

Wel...I am partial to the eclipse bcuz of Moon Bass ALUCE, so the moon eclipsing the Earth is a powerful image...and of course either the Saber Cyclone (Lancer's) or Legioss
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
14 years 8 months ago #5276

OK THEN...

WE CAN HAVE BOOTH. TWO SQUADRONS BUT I GUESS THE SKULLS WILL BE THE FAVORIT.

NOW IDEAS ON DESIGN FOR THE SKULLS?
14 years 8 months ago #5285

Time to create page: 0.560 seconds