Robotech Republican Compendium

• Kilroyleader
  • Kilroyleader's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech Republican Compendium was created by Kilroyleader

Click here for the Robotech Republican Compendium

This is a small project I've been working on as a companion to (and a guide for myself in the creation of) my Robotech fanfiction. I don't have any chapters of the story up just yet (as my file for the first chapter became corrupted somehow-fortunately I had a partial backup and am reconstructing as best I can from that), but some idea of the early continuity can be gleaned from the articles currently up.

Catch is, the site won't be up long now that Yahoo! is closing GeoCities. I need to find a new webhost of extremely low cost, equal reliability/ease-of-use, and minimal advertising. Anyone have any suggestions?
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Kilroyleader.
14 years 6 months ago #7046

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Robotech Republican Compendium

Kilroyleader wrote:

Click here for the Robotech Republican Compendium

This is a small project I've been working on as a companion to (and a guide for myself in the creation of) my Robotech fanfiction. I don't have any chapters of the story up just yet (as my file for the first chapter became corrupted somehow-fortunately I had a partial backup and am reconstructing as best I can from that), but some idea of the early continuity can be gleaned from the articles currently up.

Catch is, the site won't be up long now that Yahoo! is closing GeoCities. I need to find a new webhost of extremely low cost, equal reliability/ease-of-use, and minimal advertising. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yes, as a matter of fact I do have some suggestions :]
You can move your site to freewebs hosting, that's what I use, and I only pay $100 a year for the premium package, for more space and whatnot, but you can get quite a lot of space with the free package.

Freewebs is an option for you, also when you do move your site I'd suggest sizing down the navigation buttons, they look great they're just too monstrous lol, no offense :P Other than that, sounds like you've got a nice project going on.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 6 months ago #7047

• Viper
  • Sentinal
  • Sentinal
  • Destroid Tomahawk Aficianado

Replied by Viper on topic Re:Robotech Republican Compendium

I'm inclined to agree with HappyPenguins on this point. She's the one that pointed it out to me, and I haven't regretted it.

A couple examples for you.

www.theatlantechuniverse.com
This is HappyPenguins' site, showcasing her 'Atlantech Universe' art, comics and fiction.

www.destroidslastdance.com
This is mine, where I host my own fiction.

As you can see, the presentation is solid, very appealing, and customizable. For me, I pay roughly $32 a year for the domain name, and that gives me all the storage I need, plus it gives me a nice privacy-protection package as well.

Another suggestion I would put out there is this. If you decide to go with the option HP has suggested, post your chapters in an HTML format. This makes it possible to open each chapter of your fiction without the tedious mess of downloading them.

Good luck, sir!
Wrongfully Banned by MEMO1DOMINION on Robotech.com!

www.destroidslastdance.com
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by Viper. Reason: spelling error
14 years 6 months ago #7049

• Kilroyleader
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Kilroyleader on topic Re:Robotech Republican Compendium

Well, GeoCities is toast and along with it is the Compendium. I'm working on webspace to restore it, but it's coming slow. I'm also going to redesign it some, make the layout a little less 'tinfoil-hat', so the sit may be unavailable for a while.
14 years 5 months ago #7340

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech Republican Compendium

WHEN YOU HAVE IT UP AND RUNNING LET US KNOW.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 5 months ago #7383

• Kilroyleader
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Kilroyleader on topic Re:Robotech Republican Compendium

On the return. Once I get it to a point I'm happy with, I'll open it back up. Also once I finish the first chapter of my fanfiction done. Soon, hopefully.
14 years 3 months ago #8912

Time to create page: 0.329 seconds