Robotech Anthology

• Seifrietti-Weisse
  • Seifrietti-Weisse's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Robotech Anthology was created by Seifrietti-Weisse

Hey Fans,

I'm working on a project to collect fan works (Art, Fiction, etc.) and put them together in an anthology. Presently, it looks like I might be able to put this anthology out semiannually. I've pretty much got the first issue complete at this point. There is even a chance that this thing will turn into an official HG publication and you might see your work on the shelves of your favorite book store some day.

I'm going to start work preparing the second issue soon, so if you would like to participate, check out our site at www.robotechanthology.com and send me some of your work.
15 years 9 months ago #827

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech Anthology

Nicely done! I will post this on the page I'll PM you with details.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 9 months ago #832

• isamu
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Admiral Commander & Chief lol

Replied by isamu on topic Re:Robotech Anthology

quick questions

1)whos working on the project?
as in the layouts, whats going to go were?
if you like my art and would like to see more of my work go to isamu5979.deviantart.com/
you can also go Here www.robotechx.com/index.php?option=com_k...iew&catid=12&id=2025 to see all the Pin-up girls
ROBOTECH AVATARS HERE: www.robotechx.com/forums/2-x-fandom/4266-avatars.html#5619
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by isamu.
15 years 1 month ago #3152

• Seifrietti-Weisse
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Replied by Seifrietti-Weisse on topic Re:Robotech Anthology

Yikes. Looks like some short fuses in here.

Anyway, the layout works like this: I send all the materials that I select to be included in the magazine to my designer, Laurel Long (username: Wasserbogen on Robotech.com)who currently resides in Australia. She lays out everything in a draft form. When she comes up with a draft layout she emails it to me and I critique it. Then she incorporates the changes that I come up with and we finalize it.

Laurel is a fan like you. She does have training in design, and has some design experience, but not in magazines.

Right now, we are in dire need of a web designer. We would like to start work on a functional site for the project instead of that place holder, preview site that it up right now.
15 years 1 month ago #3163

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:Robotech Anthology

There we go back on track.

This is truly by the fans for the fans. I love it!
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
15 years 1 month ago #3184

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Robotech Anthology

BRIAN, THERE ARE TEMPLATES BEING WORKED ON FOR THE BOOK. AS SOON AS THE GUYS GET SOME OF THE DESIGNS WORKED OUT AND ACTUAL "FUNCTIONAL DATA" KINKED OUT AND APPROVED, THEN WILL PASS IT ON. DO YOU WANT TO SEE IT FIRST OR SHOW IT AS A SPOILER. THESE WORKS WILL BE FROM THE ORIGINAL MAG GUYS WHO YOU MEET AT TEH PARTY. DIFFERENT FROM THE ART SUBBISSIONS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 1 month ago #3188

• Seifrietti-Weisse
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

The sooner you can get me the stuff the better. We're really close to finishing the first issue right now. Of course anything that we don't get into the first one can go into the second.
15 years 1 month ago #3209

OK.

HEADS UP, AS LONG AS WB IS STILL WORKING ON OTHER THINGS ANYTHING CAN BE ADDED OR SUBTRACTED.

THESE TEMPLATES WERE ORIGINALLY THE IDEA OF THE ROBOTECH CODICES MAGAZINE. AN INFORMATION OF PAGES FOR THE CHARACTERS AND MECHA COLLECTED FROM VARIOUS SOURCES INCLUDING FUNTIONAL DESIGNS AND MESURMENTS INFORMATION AS WELL ON FANTASY (AS SEEN ON TV.)

ROBOTECH CODICES WILL CONTAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF MECHA, CHARACTERS, SHIPS, UNIVERSE, ETC, ETC.

THIS WAS AN ALTERNATE TO THE MACROSS CHRONICLES FROM JAPAN AND TO GET A REAL ROBOTECH FANDOM RUNNED MAG DONE RIGHT. SOME OF THE GUYS WERE FLUSHING THINGS OUT A WHILE BACK. BUT DO TO PUTTING BOTH IDEAS ON THE ANOTHLOGY IS WHAT BROUGHT THINGS ON PAUSE TILL THINGS GET FLUSHED OUT.

ROBOTECH CODICES WAS GOING TO BE KINDA LIKE HARDCORE BUT IN LIVE PRINT.

NOW DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOUR BOOK AND SPACE, WE COULD HAVE ONE MECHA AT A TIME OR VARIOUS. THE RT UNIVERSE IS BIG IN CONTENT. THE TEMPLATES WILL MAKE THINGS MUCH EASIER IN EXPLAINING WHAT IS COLLECTED FROM FANS IN HARDCORE FORUMS EVERYWHERE AND WORLDWIDE.

FOR THOSE THAT CAN'T DRAW BUT COULD DEBATE GOOD ARGUMENTS THIS CAN BE A MOST PROBABLE FIT FOR FANS TO PARTICIPATE AS WELL.

ONCE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED THEY WILL BE PUT IN THE TEMPLATES. AS SOON AS THAT IS UP WE (ALL OF US AND YOU) CAN START GETTING TOPICS DEBATED IN HARDCORE FORUMS TO GET THE BEST INFORMATION FOR PRINT. AND FANS COULD VOTE ON THE MECHA AHEAD OF TIME (TO GET FAN INVOLMENT) ON WHAT MECHA WILL APPEAR IN THE COMING ISSUES.

THE VF-1 IS THE MOST FAVORITE AND THAT ONE SHOULD BE IN THE FIRST ISSUE.

I HAVE A MEETING WITH THE GUYS TODAY AND WE WILL LOOK AT THESE TEMPLATES AND POSITIONING OF THE DESIGNS. EITHER TAKING UP TO ONE PAGE OR TWO.

BUT THAT WILL DEPEND ON YOU ON HOW YOU WILL PLACE THINGS AS THEY GO.

ONCE THESE TEMPLATES ARE ON THE BOOK FROM THE BEGGINING THEN ALL YOU WILL HAVE TO DO IS FILL IN THE INFORMATION.

PROBABLY TOMORROW WILL START GETTING INFO ON THE VF-1. WILL POST ON HARDCORE FORUMS AND IN SPANISH FORUMS AS WELL.

BRIAN, IF YOU HAVE MORE IDEAS TO ADD TO THE TEMPLATES POST. AND EVERYONE IS INVITED TO POST ON THE INFORMATION TO BE GATHERED.

WILL START OF WITH A FEW OF TOP OF MY HEAD.

1.DESIGN (ORIGINAL) BY WHO
2.EPESODES APPEARNCE (ROBOTECH)
3.SPECS (SPEED, COLORS ETC)
4.MECHANICAL DESIGN
5.HISTORY
6.ARMAMENT
7.STRENGTH
8.USED IN WHAT BOOKS THROUGHT HISTORY (COMICS,GAMES, RPG, BOOKS ETC)
9.SHOW DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF DESIGNS THROUGHOUT HISTORY
(COMICS, GAMES, SERIES, PROMOTIONAL)

GET THE IDEA GUYS?

THESE TEMPLATES CAN BE USED LATER WHEN THE LIVE ACTION INFO STARTS TO FLOW OUT.
Last edit: 15 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 1 month ago #3215

BRIAN

I STARTED TO POST ABOUT THIS IN THE SPANISH FORUMS.

WILL COLLECT SPANISH QUIESTIONS AND TRANSLATE FOR YOU HERE. AS WELL AS TEH Q&A OF MICHAEL BRADLEY
15 years 1 month ago #3217

• Seifrietti-Weisse
  • Micronian
  • Micronian

Thanks Memo, that all sounds great!
15 years 1 month ago #3221