ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

FOR THOSE THAT DONT KNOW AND ACT SURPRISED.

IT WAS A STRONG PULL TO THE END AND AM GLAD TO BE THERE IN THE FINAL STRETCH.

LIKE ZEN SAID.. ONE DOOR CLOSES AND ANOTHER OPENS. IF ASTRO PLAN CAN DO IT AND YOU GUYS GOT ABOUT AS MUCH WORK, I DO BELIEVE THIS NEW PROJECT WILL WORK AS WELL.

DON'T BE SADDEN BECAUSE NOW THIS NEW PROJECT CAN GROW EVEN MORE AND INTRODUCE MORE MECH AND STORY TO IT.

AND YES NENAD. WE WILL SUPPORT IT HERE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
14 years 2 months ago #10122

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UEG_Productions
  • UEG_Productions's Avatar Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by UEG_Productions on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

Thank you Memo.. we will make sure the RTX gets all the exclusives :)
14 years 2 months ago #10123

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

THEN NENAD, WITH YOUR PERMISSION, I WOULD LIKE TO CLOSE THIS CHAPTER THREAD AND LET YOU START A NEW ONE. THE ONE YOU ARE MOVING IN A NEW DIRECTION.

AS YOU AND I KNOW IT WAS NOT A TOTAL LOSS. U.E.G. GROUP AND HG HAVE GOTTEN MUCH CLOSER THAN BEFORE. I WON'T TALK ABOUT IT BUT THIS DOES NOT STOP PROGRESS OR EVEN A FUTURE POSSIBLE DEAL AGAIN WITH HG.

A BRIDGE HAS BEEN MADE AND THE U.E.G. GROUP STAFF WILL KEEP IT OPEN. LIKE THEY SAY IN HOLLYWOOD. NEVER BREAK YOUR BRIDGES BECAUSE IT KEEPS YOU CONNECTED TO OTHER ISLAND OF OPPORTUNITY'S.

TO ALL.. LETS WISH AND SUPPORT U.E.G. GROUP ON THEIR NEW VENTURE.

IF YOU WANT TO DEBATE LEGALITY FOR SPECULATION THERE IS THE CANON FODDER FORUM.
14 years 2 months ago #10139

AFTER THE HE SAID SHE SAID WE GET "THEY SAID".

OFFICIAL STATEMENT OUT OF HG.

www.kenacubed.com/forum/

Robotech Movie In Production
- By Ramón Bannister -
8:44 pm on April 10, 2010

In mid-February, 2010, we published a story announcing the sudden end of a Robotech project being produced by U.E.G. Productions. Kena Cubed wanted to find out what happened between Harmony Gold USA and U.E.G. I was able to contact an official Robotech representative, Tommy Yune.

Tommy Yune was the director of the newest feature-length animated Robotech film, Shadow Chronicles, which helps to revive the franchise. I am a fan of Robotech and of the film, and so was excited to communicate with Yune. I asked him through email about the U.E.G. issue and about the rumor that another film is being produced. Read the interview below.

RB: I was wondering if you would be willing to make a statement regarding the cease and desist order sent to U.E.G. Productions.

Mr. Yune: To make a long story less long, Nenad Petrovic of U.E.G. had contacted our company (Harmony Gold) a few years ago in an effort to acquire the rights to Robotech. However, this was not possible as we were already in negotiations with other companies for the film rights which eventually ended up at Warner Brothers. So, when it was brought to our attention that U.E.G. was continuing to work on a Robotech project, our legal department had no choice but to pursue a cease and desist order to protect our licensing partners, especially in light of U.E.G’s past attempt to contact our company. I was then contacted by Alois Fisher, another member of U.E.G., with the assurance that they only wanted to produce a fan project. In this case our legal department actually offered an alternative by crafting a fan video submission form out of the existing release form used by fans to submit fan art to our Robotech.com website. However, Mr. Petrovic did not feel comfortable with submitting their fan project and elected to shut it down and redirect their efforts elsewhere. We certainly do wish them the best of luck.

RB: I’ve read rumors about Hollywood producers trying to make another Robotech movie, and I want to separate fact from fiction. Is there another project under way?

Mr. Yune: A live action film version of Robotech is presently being developed at Warner Brothers with Tobey Maguire, Akiva Goldsman, and Jason Netter attached as producers. We are also working on more Robotech in the animated realm to continue from our success with Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles.

RB: Shadow Chronicles was indeed an exciting film. What other projects to you have on the horizon?

We have additional Robotech projects on our plate for its 25th anniversary in 2010 ranging from role-playing games to comics to toys.
14 years 1 week ago #11645

• SIGHUP
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Admin this!
  • Thank you received: 32

Replied by SIGHUP on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

OK, you can't be updating locked forum posts that suit your interests MEMO. I am unlocking this thread as of now so that people may reply to it, since you see fit to continue the discussion.
--David Pena
SIGHUP
www.robotechx.com - a fandom based site | RIP Carl Macek (1951-2010)
14 years 1 week ago #11668

• Nikolay116
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Real Deal

Replied by Nikolay116 on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

RB: Shadow Chronicles was indeed an exciting film.

:laugh: ... I bet RB was actually Tommy himself
Last edit: 14 years 1 week ago by Nikolay116.
14 years 1 week ago #11672

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

Nikolay116 wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

RB: Shadow Chronicles was indeed an exciting film.

:laugh: ... I bet RB was actually Tommy himself

LOL

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
14 years 1 week ago #11675

ACTUALLY I THINK ITS THE SAME PLACE WHERE NENAD POSTED ABOUT THE U.E.G. GROUP. AND THE START OF THE WHOLE MESS.
14 years 1 week ago #11677

Replied by Jaymz on topic Re:ROBOTECH GENESIS OFFICIAL THREAD (RELOADED)

Ok let me get this straight.....they stopped them from doing an animated work of which they were not going to profit in any way shape or form to protect their rights holders who are "developing" things with no actual target in sight for when SOMETHING might actually happen and this includes HG itself suposedly working on an animated project even though they have had HOW many years to get something out to capitilize on TSC, which btw way is certainly NOT all that and a bag of chips. Not even by American animation standards, it's quality is years behind where it should be.

It is pretty sad that the company did this when all the UEG wanted to do was a nice cgi film project for the fans. Now we get to sit here with our thumbs up our collected butts to wait indefinitely for something that MIGHT (and likely NOT) occur in the near to god knows how long future.

Way to endear yourself to the fans that actually tried to keep Robotech releveant while HG did nothig for the better part of 20 years Tommy.
13 years 11 months ago #12163

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds