WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME was created by MEMO1DOMINION

TOMMY CAME ON TO THE SPANISH PODCAST SHOW TO TALK TO THE FANS AND SOMEONE ASKED ABOUT A ROBOTECH GAME.

TOMMY REPLIED THAT WARNER BROTHERS HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION VIDEO GAME.

EPISODE 15
www.talkshoe.com/talkshoe/web/talkCast.j...asterId=29738&cmd=tc

TOMMY CAME OUT AND SAID THAT WARNER BROTHERS HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE LIVE ACTION MOVIE VIDEO GAME.

THIS OF COURSE COMES AS NO SURPRISE CONSIDERING THAT THAT IS ONE OF THE FIRST THING THAT GET'S DEALED WHEN RIGHTS ARE ACQUIRED. JUST THAT UP TILL NOW HG HAS CONFIRMED THIS.

WB HAS HAD THIS DEAL IN PLACE AS OF AROUND 2007 UP TO 2009 AND TOMMY ANNOUNCED AT COMIC CON 2009 THAT WB ACQUIRED MERCHANDISING RIGHTS.

TOMMY HAS SOME MEETINGS AT E3 ANIME EXPO BUT WILL NOT BE THERE TO PROMOTE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 10 months ago #12653

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

Warner Interactive & DC are doing amazing work on the DCU Online game (the Flash running through Metropolis is just beautiful). I can't wait to see what they do with Robotech.
13 years 10 months ago #12663

• Towgrin
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by Towgrin on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

Thanks for the info, but it's not anything earth-shattering. It's almost standard practice for this to happen, and it's why you see the game come out around the same time as the movie. The studio is usually tied to the products and merchadise that stems from said release. I'm sure a few people here could've said that and have it be just a valid as if Tommy said it. Nevertheless, if the movie gets made, this does show that WB may have interest in putting out a game to supplement. They are thinking down the line, as most movies being planned are.
13 years 10 months ago #12666

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by HashiNoUsagi on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

Troubleman245 wrote:

Warner Interactive & DC are doing amazing work on the DCU Online game (the Flash running through Metropolis is just beautiful). I can't wait to see what they do with Robotech.

SOE is working on DCU Online, not Warner.

Warner has released a lot of terrible games in the past, but it looks like they have been getting better games out to the market lately. It really depends on the budget and also the movie itself.

Overall I don't see this as something exciting. The type of Robotech game I would want to see would probably never happen.
Hasn't done anything stupid enough to get banned from any forum.....yet.
13 years 10 months ago #12693

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

Towgrin wrote:

Thanks for the info, but it's not anything earth-shattering. It's almost standard practice for this to happen, and it's why you see the game come out around the same time as the movie. The studio is usually tied to the products and merchadise that stems from said release. I'm sure a few people here could've said that and have it be just a valid as if Tommy said it. Nevertheless, if the movie gets made, this does show that WB may have interest in putting out a game to supplement. They are thinking down the line, as most movies being planned are.

CORRECT. WHY I POSTED LIKE I DID.

I COULD COME OUT AND SAY "WB HAS THE RIGHTS TO RLAM GAME" BUT SOME WILL CONSIDER AS SPECULATION. WE WERE ALREADY TALKING ABOUT THIS IN RT.COM A LONG TIME AGO AND EVEN THEN NO ONE WOULD STEP UP TO CONFIRM IT.
13 years 10 months ago #12709

• Thank you received: 13

Replied by Protoculture on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

Any possible RT game would be a follow up sequel to RT Battlecry.

Which means VF-1 pew-pew the Zentraedi bastards all over again ... yippppeeeeee!
13 years 8 months ago #13255

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:WB HAS RIGHTS TO ROBOTECH LAM VIDEO GAME

YEAH. BEEN GOOGLING EVERYDAY FOR ANY INFO. THING IS I GET SIDE TRACK BY OTHER INFO I FIND OUT THERE.

SUCKS BIG TIME WITH NO NEWS. :P
13 years 8 months ago #13276

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds