What does this mean?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: What does this mean?

rtsurfer wrote:

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

IS THERE A WAY TO FIND OUT WHAT THE NOTES SAY? I MEAN OPTIONS AND ASSIGNMENTS?

You can request hard copies of the documents for a fee, haven't checked to see how expensive or what is included. Lawyers for HG and WB may be the only ones who know the details.

YEAH, WAS LOOKING AROUND AS WELL. WOULD BE NICE TO COLLECT UNDER A GOOD FEE. I WOULD SHARE OF COURSE...

It seems to pertain only to media. I wonder why toys aren't included, unless they are covered by the copyrights for the series itself.

MIGHT BE WHAT THE NOTES SAY.

TOYNAMI STILL HAS THE RIGHTS TO THE TOYS OF 1885 TV SERIES. WB WOULD HAVE THE MOVIE RIGHTS MERCHANDISING PROBABLY ALREADY ATTACHED TO THE MOVIE RIGHTS.. WHICH CAN INCLUDE GAME RIGHTS. CONSIDERING THAT THE GAMES ARE LISTED.

IN OTHER WORDS, WB WILL NOT BE MAKING 1985 CLASSIC TOYS AND ONLY THE MOVIE VERSION.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15566

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: What does this mean?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOT EXACTLY.

LOOK AT THE NOTES.
A)Notes: Assignment.
B)Notes: Add. ti.: Robotech. Option agreement.

THIS IS COMMON ON IP RIGHTS A WRITER/FILMAKER CAN USE TO MAKE AND WRITE A MOVIE.

IT'S HG GIVING THE OK TO USE WHATEVER THEY HAVE UNDER THE ROBOTECH BANNER PERTAIN TO THAT LIST.

AND AS RTSURFER FOUND... IT SHOWS WHAT WB CAN USE AT THEIR DISPOSAL FOR THE WB ROBOTECH PRODUCT.

Stranger things have happened, but more or less, as Memo has said, this is Industry SOP.

Warner has claimed the option to all video and printed story pertaining to the Robotech franchise in order to have a total range of source material for the actual movie pitch/production. It means that mid way through, they can add some randomly unknown plot from the novels without hastle and further (costly) license releasing that will slow down the production, being its a federal outlet. lol
12 years 11 months ago #15572

khoroshen wrote:

Stranger things have happened, but more or less, as Memo has said, this is Industry SOP.

Warner has claimed the option to all video and printed story pertaining to the Robotech franchise in order to have a total range of source material for the actual movie pitch/production. It means that mid way through, they can add some randomly unknown plot from the novels without hastle and further (costly) license releasing that will slow down the production, being its a federal outlet. lol

TRUE. GOOD WAY FOR WB TO PROTECT ITSELF WITH THE LICENSE.
12 years 11 months ago #15573

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: What does this mean?

This has been possibly the most enlightening thread on RTx.com in awhile. Its clear, factual, and honest. It shows us hard truth to what could be potential delays on any form of production. So here is my problem; why couldn't McKeever and co. Just say this, or show us all this? I can accept the validity of this process, as it even explains itself to certain degrees. I assume that HG must think we're all stupid, hence why people like McKeever give us the runaround when asked questions pertaining to the delays of production, or the licensing legal process. I feel as if they think were fu**ing idiots.
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 11 months ago #15574

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: What does this mean?

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

This has been possibly the most enlightening thread on RTx.com in awhile. Its clear, factual, and honest. It shows us hard truth to what could be potential delays on any form of production. So here is my problem; why couldn't McKeever and co. Just say this, or show us all this? I can accept the validity of this process, as it even explains itself to certain degrees. I assume that HG must think we're all stupid, hence why people like McKeever give us the runaround when asked questions pertaining to the delays of production, or the licensing legal process. I feel as if they think were fu**ing idiots.

Well, of course HG thinks we're stupid. Just look at the "discussions" on rt.com.
12 years 11 months ago #15593

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

HG ALREADY SAID WHAT AND WHAT NOT CAN BE DONE... MANY TIMES AND IN VIDEO SINCE 2004 AND, THEY DONT HAVE TO SHOW US THEIR DOCUMENTS.

NOW IT'S THE FANS THAT HAVE TO SNOOP AROUND THAT MAKES UP FOR MUCH OF THE INFO. ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY AND WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT.

LAW OF HOLLYWOOD.
12 years 11 months ago #15597

• blackconvoy_D01
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by blackconvoy_D01 on topic Re: What does this mean?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

HG ALREADY SAID WHAT AND WHAT NOT CAN BE DONE... MANY TIMES AND IN VIDEO SINCE 2004 AND, THEY DONT HAVE TO SHOW US THEIR DOCUMENTS.

NOW IT'S THE FANS THAT HAVE TO SNOOP AROUND THAT MAKES UP FOR MUCH OF THE INFO. ALWAYS BEEN THAT WAY AND WILL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT.

LAW OF HOLLYWOOD.

Cmon Memo, HG has always been duck and dodge. To show this concrete proof would solidifeied and quelled any negative speculation. Did they have to show it to us in black and white? No. But given the tansgressions of the past, would've it been the right thing to do? YES!
My appreciation pics page:
www.flickr.com/photos/26350372@N04/
12 years 11 months ago #15599

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: What does this mean?

Convoy, you should know this by now.

HG are smarter then the average production company. While others spend and loose money on a dedicated public relation service, HG will not release info, even if it is public domain and not governed by an NDA. The money they save will go into making a quallity product! At least that is the usual party line Kevin posts. :silly:

Then again, Holywood is is a strange place when it comes to law and NDA. If HG released the info RTsurfer dug up, Warner would probably attempt to persue a breach of NDA, despite the information being made public by federal means. Just like Holywood is the only place in the world that considers Cease and Decease orders to be 'binding legal documents'. :blink:
12 years 11 months ago #15600

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: What does this mean?

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

blackconvoy_D01 wrote:

LAW OF HOLLYWOOD.

Too bad when we find out any info and present it to HG, McKeever always tells us we're wrong even when there's no other way to interpret the information. But I guess that's why they don't want us to interpret anything that gets said either. :angry:
12 years 11 months ago #15607

ACTUALLY. HG NEVER DUCKED AND DODGED.

THEY ANSWERED EVERY QUESTION POSED TO THEM AT THE CONS. IT'S THE SMALL MINORITY OF FANS THAT TRY TO FIND MEANING TO SIMPLE ANSWERS OR SPECULATE ON THEM.

KEVIN HAS ANSWERED JUST ABOUT THE SAME IN RT.COM. TOMMY AT CONS AND THE PODCAST.

AND YOU GUYS TRY TO UNDERMINE THE INFO THEY GIVE. AND FOR WHAT? JUST A FEW LAUGHS THAT GET YOU BANNED.

LETS SEE HOW THIS NEW INFO PLAYS OUT. CURIOUS TO SEE WHERE SOME FANS TAKE IT OR SPECULATE ON IT. WILL BE TON OF LAUGHS.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 11 months ago #15608

Time to create page: 0.372 seconds