What does this mean?

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: What does this mean?

NOW.. TO A SERIOUS NOTE.

LOOKING AT THE DATES I AM TRYING TO FIGURE WHAT HAPPENED DURING THOSE TIMES. WHAT INFO WAS RELEASED AND SUCH BE IT AT CONS OR NEWS RELEASE...

DATE 1.

Type of Work: Recorded Document
Document Number: V3570D412
Date of Recordation: 2008-09-30
Entire Copyright Document: V3570 D412 P1-6
Date of Execution: as of 16Aug07

DATE 2.

Document Number: V3570D677
Date of Recordation: 2008-09-30
Entire Copyright Document: V3570 D677 P1-7
Date of Execution: 2Apr08

DATE 3.

Document Number: V3586D834
Date of Recordation: 2010-02-12
Entire Copyright Document: V3586 D834 P1
Date of Execution: 1Oct09; date of cert.: 9Feb10
Title: Robotech.

2007 THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE WAS ANNOUNCED WITH WARNER BROTHERS AT COMIC CON.

AUGUST WAS FINALLY DONE LEGALLY THROUGH THE COPYRIGHT OFFICE.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
13 years 1 week ago #15609

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: What does this mean?

One theory(speculation)

DATE 1.

16th August being the initial submittion date for the option to qauire movie rights, with possible wrong or basic info.

DATE 2.

Correct ammendment to the above initial claim. The most likely reasons for both dates to be executed on the same date as an ammendment or update.

DATE 3.

Warner completes final contract/pitch of the movie. Option expire(s/d). Warner takes the expensive road of reaquiring Option post-time limit.
13 years 1 week ago #15612

YOURS IS BETTER THAN MINE. SO I'LL GO ALONG WITH IT.

I CAN SEE HG AND WB WORKING ON A DEAL AND COMING TO TERMS. SIGN HERE, SIGN THERE, DEAL IS MADE.

TAKE IT TO COPYRIGHT OFFICE TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL.

AND SO ON.

NOW, MOVIE PRODUCTION COMPANY'S LIKE WB HOLD ON TO THE LICENSE FOR SMALL TERMS OF 2 TO 4 YEARS. I THINK AS THE WORKS DEVELOP, THE COPYRIGHTS GET REFRESHED FOR ANY CHANGES. ONLY WAY THIS WOULD WORK IF WE SEE A CYCLE OF COPYRIGHT NOTE ADDITIONS. WON'T BE TILL 2012 BY THE 2 YEAR CYCLE.

JUST SPECULATING AS WELL.
13 years 1 week ago #15625

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by MaverickLSC on topic Re: What does this mean?

The announcement of WB acquiring the film rights to Robotech was September 6th 2007.

www.slashfilm.com/tobey-maguire-to-bring...h-to-the-big-screen/

Harmony Gold was neogotiating the film rights with other companies long before that, even long before Nenad and UEG were trying to acquire the rights to Robotech.

www.kenacubed.com/2010/05/08/previously-...botech-news-story-3/

This would indicate a long process. I think the renewal of the copyright could also indicate that WB is exercising their option and adding additional changes to their copyright(ie. new designs) as memo indicated.

Mav...
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
13 years 1 week ago #15631

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

NOW, MOVIE PRODUCTION COMPANY'S LIKE WB HOLD ON TO THE LICENSE FOR SMALL TERMS OF 2 TO 4 YEARS. I THINK AS THE WORKS DEVELOP, THE COPYRIGHTS GET REFRESHED FOR ANY CHANGES. ONLY WAY THIS WOULD WORK IF WE SEE A CYCLE OF COPYRIGHT NOTE ADDITIONS. WON'T BE TILL 2012 BY THE 2 YEAR CYCLE.

JUST SPECULATING AS WELL.

Not speculation. The time limits on options vary on the strength of the bidder, and I've seen/heard some initial contracts go on for decades and some amounting to just 12 months. The shorter it is, the less confidence the license owner has on the prospects of making a movie.

Its a good way for a license owner to earn a quick buck, say, to finance more work, as options can sell for ludicrus amounts, or for peanuts. This backfires if the option taker is either stupid or a pure proffit engine, e.g Touchstone Pictures, the modern day nickelodian generator.
13 years 1 week ago #15634

khoroshen wrote:

Its a good way for a license owner to earn a quick buck, say, to finance more work, as options can sell for ludicrus amounts, or for peanuts. This backfires if the option taker is either stupid or a pure proffit engine, e.g Touchstone Pictures, the modern day nickelodian generator.

HMMMM... VOLTRON COMES TO MIND AS WELL WHEN THE BIDDING STARTED ON A NEW VOLTRON FILM.

I THINK HG HAS AN OP-OUT IN CASE IT DRAGS SO THEY CAN GO TO OTHER BIDDERS FOR THE RLAM. BUT IN TIME WE WILL SEE. WB IS NOT PAYING PEANUTS THOUGHT. SO EITHER WAY, HG MAKING MONEY.
13 years 1 week ago #15642

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

eh voltron.... lol

Its something I've always said about the Liva action RT movie. Although I may not like the idea, it is still a good money spinner for HG. If the movie fails, its down to Warner. HG will come out with enough funding for another animation post Shadow Rising, probably how the sidequel is being financed right now.
13 years 1 week ago #15646

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds