John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brothers Robotech LAM

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brothers Ro was created by MEMO1DOMINION

HE HAS NOT BEEN APPROACHED OR CONTACTED ANYONE INVOLVED WITH THE WARNER BROTHERS ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE PROJECT AS OF YET. BUT CAN YOU PICTURE BO DUKE OF "THE DUKES OF HAZZARD" BEHIND A VERITECH OR ROBOTECH LAM DIRECTORS CHAIR?

"I could be Roy but I would like to direct the Robotech live action movie", said John Schneider.

AT THE RECENT EVENT ON MAY 1ST ANAHEIM COMIC CON, JOHN SCHNEIDER, HAPPEN TO BE BEHIND OUR ROBOTECHX BOOTH AND HE DECIDED TO STOP BY AND TALK ABOUT ANIME, SPEED RACER AND OF COURSE, ROBOTECH. THE TOPIC THEN DOVE MORE INTO THE LIVE ACTION ROBOTECH MOVIE THAT WARNER BROTHERS AND TOBEY MAGUIRE PRODUCTIONS ARE WORKING ON.

I ASKED HIM ABOUT HIM BEING A POSSIBLE ROY FOKKER OR CHARACTER "I could be Roy but I would like to direct the Robotech live action movie", said John Schneider.

HE WAS MORE INCLINED AND INTERESTED IN DIRECTING THIS MOVIE AND WOULD NOT SURPRISE ME IF HE GOES UP TO THE BIG GUYS AT WB AND GETS HIS WORD IN. ALFRED GOULD AND MILES MILLAR WERE THE WRITING TEAM FOR SMALLVILLE, THE SAME SHOW IN WHICH JOHN SCHNEIDER PLAYS THE ROLE OF CLARK KENT'S FATHER, AND ALSO AS THE WRITING TEAM FOR THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE FOR WARNER BROTHERS.

CONSIDERING THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FINAL SEASON OF SMALLVILLE AND THAT HE ANNOUNCED AT HIS RECENT PANEL AT ANAHEIM COMIC CON THAT HE IS MORE INTERESTED IN DIRECTING, WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF HE IS EYING A DIRECTOR ROLE FOR THE ROBOTECH LIVE ACTION MOVIE. HE IS ALREADY WELL CONNECTED WITHIN WARNER BROTHERS CIRCLES.

I WISH HIM GOOD LUCK.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16079

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" intrested in directing Warner Brother'

www.wizardworld.com/johnschneider.html

John Schneider was born in Mount Kisco, New York. He stands 6' 4" tall, and graduated from North Springs High School in Atlanta, Georgia.

His big break came when he won the role of Bo Duke on "The Dukes of Hazzard" (1979) on CBS from 1979-1985. He auditioned for the role pretending he was a genuine country boy. He had a weeks growth of beard and held a beer can claiming he was from Snellville, Georgia.

Fast forward to 2008...John plays Marshall Bowman on the ABC Family show "The Secret Life of the American Teenager." More recently John Schneider can be seen on several episodes of the FX Network show Nip/Tuck as Ram Peters, the CEO of an adult film company. Also, he performed as Billy Flynn in the Musical Chicago on Broadway. Schneider is also known to television audiences as Jonathan Kent, the adoptive father of Clark Kent on the hit show Smallville, starring in 111 episodes before his character was killed off. Schneider also directed episodes of Smallville, including S3E20 and Talisman, which received a respectable 8.8 rating out of 10 on TV.com. Some Smallville episodes contain references to Schneider's other work in The Dukes of Hazzard. Schneider also guest starred for the latter half of Smallville: Season 5 appearing in the episodes 'Void' and 'Oracle'.

Schneider has appeared in many films and TV series such as the miniseries 10.5. He had a recurring role on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman and guest-starred on such shows as Diagnosis Murder, Touched by an Angel, JAG and Walker, Texas Ranger. He also appeared in the off-Broadway play The Civil War as a Confederate soldier.

Schneider has also been mentioned in other media such as South Park's episode 505 Terrence and Phillip: Behind the Blow, saying that their made for TV episode was shown instead of the very popular "John Schneider Variety Hour", an obvious joke of it being put on instead of South Park. In 2008, Schneider made an appearance on the series CSI:Miami in an episode titled "Tunnel Vision." He played the bad guy role.

Schneider plays the lead in the new Australian action film,The Ninja, also starring Roger Cross, John Wesley Shipp, Tania Zaetta, Jeremy Kewley and Rob Baard - as reported by the Geelong Advertiser.

John often does his own driving in tv and movies. He can be seen doing very complex driving in many episodes of Smallville.

During the 1980s, Schneider parlayed his success as Bo Duke with a string of country music hits. His biggest hits include: "It's Now or Never" (#4 country and #14 pop, 1981; a remake of the Elvis Presley hit); "I've Been Around Enough to Know" (#1 country, 1984); "Country Girls" (#1 country, 1985); "What's a Memory Like You (Doing in a Love Like This)" and "You're The Last Thing I Needed Tonight" (both #1 country, 1986); "At the Sound of the Tone" (#5 country, 1986); and "Love, You Ain't Seen the Last of Me" (#6 country) in 1987.

John Schneider has recorded 10 albums to date. His co-star (on The Dukes of Hazzard), Tom Wopat, also enjoyed success on the country music charts. Schneider and Wopat sang several duets on the TV series, sometimes with co-star Catherine Bach. In fact, in the season 7 DVD box set, the trio performed a remake of the show's theme song "Good Ol' Boys" in a music video as a tribute to their friend Waylon Jennings.

In 2010 John joined the cast of TV's "Desperate Housewives" and will be playing dad to Brian Austin Green's character "Keith Watson", the handyman/eye candy who's joining Wisteria in Season 7. John will join in Episode 7 for a multi-episode story arc.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16081

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Troubleman245 on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brother

In a perfect world John Schneider would be Roy Fokker in the RTLAM. Hey if he wants to direct let him do it. We need new blood.
12 years 10 months ago #16090

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brother

I'd also welcome him to direct if it meant getting this LAM project to actually make some progress.
12 years 10 months ago #16092

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brother

Schneider also directed episodes of Smallville, including S3E20 and Talisman, which received a respectable 8.8 rating out of 10 on TV.com.

HEHEHE, I AGREE.

IF HE CAN GET THE MOVIE OUT THERE... GET A GOOD FLOW GOING THEN YEAH, I CAN SEE HIM DIRECTING. I SAW DUKES OF HAZARD IN MEXICO AND WAS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SHOWS.

NEW BLOOD EH?

ALWAYS THOUGHT YOU GUYS WANTED SOMEONE BIG NAMES TO DIRECT IT.
12 years 10 months ago #16095

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brother

That'd be cool if John Schneider directed and/or acted in rtlam.

As for whether big names are involved or not, I don't really care who works on rtlam, with one exception, as long as it gets a decent budget and they do a good job.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16102

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re: John Schneider "Smallville" interested in directing Warner Brother

I think he would be a great choice, i'd much prefer someone who isn't a megastar to direct. (I feel the same about the actors as well)

Well plenty of time to think about it all that is for sure.
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
12 years 8 months ago #16927

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds