DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

rtsurfer wrote:

Oh come on, can't we get any good news without a "but" in it.

From the way the facebook info is worded, he was asked to write the song sometime in 2007 or 2008. Then whomever updates his bio just kept uping the year when the movie didn't materialize.

I wonder if he ever wrote that song for Robo tech? It would be interesting to see what he came up with, and whether the song was plot specific or generic. As someone else pointed out, he reminds me of MB and his style.

I'm more confused by the fact that Alto, uh, I mean Aldo (can't keep those names straight) though the LAM was due in 2011. When we fans pointed this out to Kevie, we were told we misheard what was said at cons (pretty amazing how so many could mishear the same thing) and that a release date was never associated with the LAM. Guess Aldo must have misheard the same thing we all did back in the day.
12 years 10 months ago #16548

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

ps99041 wrote:

I'm more confused by the fact that Alto, uh, I mean Aldo (can't keep those names straight) though the LAM was due in 2011. When we fans pointed this out to Kevie, we were told we misheard what was said at cons (pretty amazing how so many could mishear the same thing) and that a release date was never associated with the LAM. Guess Aldo must have misheard the same thing we all did back in the day.

YOU ALWAYS CAN'T KEEP THINGS STRAIGHT :P

THERE'S NEVER BEEN AN OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE. TILL THIS MOVIE GETS GREEN LIT AND A DIRECTOR SIGNED ON THEN JUST MAYBE YOU WILL GET A DATE.

khoroshen wrote:

As for David Aldo, he is quite popular here in the pop charts with some high ranking albums. I don't think he would be used to help with the theatrical score as such as its not his style, but perhaps the singing pop songs of the female/male heroines within the movie.

HMMMM... THANKS FOR THE INFO. SO FAR WE KNOW THEY GOT TOM ROB SMITH AND THE SONG WRITER BOTH BEING FROM ENGLAND.

YOU KNOW, WONDER IF PRODUCTION WILL BE IN ENGLAND STUDIOS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16555

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

Never said there was an official release date but back in the day they did imply that we could expect the LAM around this time. Stop covering for HG's mistakes - they're big boys and can dish the BS themselves.
12 years 10 months ago #16558

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

ps99041 wrote:

Never said there was an official release date but back in the day they did imply that we could expect the LAM around this time. Stop covering for HG's mistakes - they're big boys and can dish the BS themselves.

DUDE. THEY NEVER IMPLIED. I RECORDED EVERY CON AND HAVE IT ON YOUTUBE. AS WELL AS MANY POST FROM THE STAFF ON RT.COM.

AND THEY NEVER GAVE A DATE. ONLY THAT THE MOVIE TAKES A LONG TIME TO GET OUT. I EVEN SAID THAT FROM THE GET GO...

BUT WE CAN SETTLE THIS EASILY IF YOU POST A LINK OR A QUOTE WHERE THEY EVEN "IMPLIED" IT WAS GOING TO BE OUT EARLY.

I KNOW HOW MUCH YOU JUST THROW OUT THERE BUT AT LEAST GET IT STRAIGHT.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16559

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

I bet you hear that a lot Memo, and make sure its not outdated news/info ;)

I wasn't around much when they announced the LAM so I don't recall if any dates were given or even implied. As of late it seems like Tommy & Kev defer to WBs or repeat that list of crew whenever someone ask a question related to the LAM. I had noticed that for a while sites and discussions of RTLAM had its release set for 2010, don't know where that date came from or who came up with it. That 2010 date appears to be morphing into a 2012 one, take imdb for example -- yeah I know the info on their site isn't official or verified. I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy or Kev slipped up early on and mentioned or implied a date but I don't know of any instance where they actually did.

Now SR is a different story, I understand that Tommy implied the sequel would be out in 2009. Of course it didn't take long before he and Kev started backtracking. It would be interesting to hear/read what Tommy actually said, anyone have a link or transcript?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 10 months ago #16561

• khoroshen
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Niin on aatos miunki vappaa
  • Thank you received: 1

Replied by khoroshen on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

YOU KNOW, WONDER IF PRODUCTION WILL BE IN ENGLAND STUDIOS.

A lot of Warner stuff has come over here in the past few years. The Studio's are often doing cut price deals for studio time, and Shepperton Studio's are almost giving time for free due to the Bond franchise in near limbo.

UK right now is a good place for low end movie productions!
12 years 10 months ago #16564

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

ps99041 wrote:

DUDE. THEY NEVER IMPLIED. I RECORDED EVERY CON AND HAVE IT ON YOUTUBE. AS WELL AS MANY POST FROM THE STAFF ON RT.COM.

AND THEY NEVER GAVE A DATE. ONLY THAT THE MOVIE TAKES A LONG TIME TO GET OUT. I EVEN SAID THAT FROM THE GET GO...

BUT WE CAN SETTLE THIS EASILY IF YOU POST A LINK OR A QUOTE WHERE THEY EVEN "IMPLIED" IT WAS GOING TO BE OUT EARLY.

I throw out as much as you do so I think we're even in that department. The only difference is my posts point out where HG may have erred in what they implied but your posts give false hope that something is happening when it can't be verified or is extremely outdated. Still, why would Aldo state that the LAM is due in 2011 if it wasn't implied somewhere?
12 years 10 months ago #16567

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

rtsurfer wrote:

Now SR is a different story, I understand that Tommy implied the sequel would be out in 2009. Of course it didn't take long before he and Kev started backtracking. It would be interesting to hear/read what Tommy actually said, anyone have a link or transcript?

Great example but I know we all misheard this tidbit for sure back in the day. HG should probably get their info straight themselves before announcing anything. Most recent example last year when Tommy said the sidequel would be "completed" around summer of 2011 and now that's changed to just 2011 and will likely change again.
12 years 10 months ago #16568

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by tredwards on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

ps99041 wrote:

rtsurfer wrote:

Great example but I know we all misheard this tidbit for sure back in the day. HG should probably get their info straight themselves before announcing anything. Most recent example last year when Tommy said the sidequel would be "completed" around summer of 2011 and now that's changed to just 2011 and will likely change again.

Hey now. Remember, what they are doing is very experimental. So this could take some extra time. I think they've hired Charlie Sheen to create animation with the power of his mind. :ohmy:
12 years 10 months ago #16583

• Thank you received: 3

Replied by spark300c on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

summer of 2011 is just a guess since it was not official press release.
12 years 10 months ago #16584

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds