DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

spark300c wrote:

summer of 2011 is just a guess since it was not official press release.

When is the last time HG made an official press release?

I'm just curious, were there official press releases announcing RTLAM, SR, the doc, or rt2011?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
12 years 10 months ago #16585

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ps99041
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Replied by ps99041 on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

rtsurfer wrote:

spark300c wrote:

I'm just curious, were there official press releases announcing RTLAM, SR, the doc, or rt2011?

The official press release is that there's nothing official to announce until there's something officially completed and ready for release. ;) Seriously though I think the most official announcement from HG was for the LAM on Carl's memorial tribute poster/page wherever that was printed.
12 years 10 months ago #16599

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

rtsurfer wrote:

I bet you hear that a lot Memo, and make sure its not outdated news/info ;)

NOT REALLY. ;) OLD NEWS IS STILL NEWS TO WHO EVER HAS NOT HEARD OF IT BEFORE. OUTDATED...YES. OLD NEWS? DEPENDS ON HOW YOU TAKE IT.

I wasn't around much when they announced the LAM so I don't recall if any dates were given or even implied.

FAIR ENOUGH. JUST THAT THERE WAS NEVER A SET DATE OR IMPLIED DATE FROM WB, HG, OR TOBEY.

As of late it seems like Tommy & Kev defer to WBs or repeat that list of crew whenever someone ask a question related to the LAM.

UPDATES ON CURRENT STATUS.

I had noticed that for a while sites and discussions of RTLAM had its release set for 2010, don't know where that date came from or who came up with it. That 2010 date appears to be morphing into a 2012 one, take imdb for example -- yeah I know the info on their site isn't official or verified.

SEE, I FIGURED YOU KNEW THAT SOMEONE OUT THERE IS JUST THROWING DATES AROUND. NON OFFICIALLY OF COURSE...

I wouldn't be surprised if Tommy or Kev slipped up early on and mentioned or implied a date but I don't know of any instance where they actually did.

FAIR ENOUGH. SO FAR NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO LINK OR REFERENCE SUCH A COMMENT.

Now SR is a different story, I understand that Tommy implied the sequel would be out in 2009. Of course it didn't take long before he and Kev started backtracking. It would be interesting to hear/read what Tommy actually said, anyone have a link or transcript?

THERE WAS A ANN REPORTING OF SUCH A THING.

www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=8508

News
Harmony Gold Starts Work on Shadow Chronicles Sequel
posted on 2007-07-27 17:04 EDT
At their Comic-Con International panel, Harmony Gold and director Tommy Yune officially unveilved the second Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles production. Pre-production work on Robotech: Shadow Rising has just commenced, and the film should be released about two years from now.

FOLLOWED BY

Comment:
Despite having solicited a 2009 release, Harmony Gold announced that production of this title has been put on hold indefinitely to focus on the live-action adaptation of Robotech, which is co-produced by Warner Bros. Pictures and Maguire Entertainment.

HG NEVER HAD A RELEASE DATE. THEY LEARN THEIR LESSON IN 2004-5 WHEN THEY ANNOUNCED A DEAL AND A RELEASE THAT NEVER MATERIALIZED. SO MY GUESS IS THE ARTICLE COULD BE RIGHT BUT NOT COMPLETE.

THE BACKTRACKING WAS ONLY TO THE DEAL HG MADE WITH WB. AND THAT WAS IN 2007 WHEN HG ANOUNCED A HOLD ON THE NEXT SHADOW RISING PROJECT.

SINCE THEN NOTHING HAS CHANGED AND NO DATES GIVEN TO EITHER THE RLAM OR RSR
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
12 years 10 months ago #16600

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

rtsurfer wrote:

spark300c wrote:

THE CONS THEY ATTEND. SPARKS IS RIGHT THOUGHT. TOMMY DID SAY SHOULD BE COMPLETED SOMETIME AROUND AX.

SOMETIME CAN BE ANYTHING EITHER BEFORE OR AFTER. HOW LONG? THAT'S ANYONE GUESS. THERE IS VIDEO FOR AN ACTUAL QUOTE.

YES.

AT THE CONS
AT COMIC CON
RLAM AND SR

AT AX FEW YEARS AFTER
THE DOC AND RT2011

CONVENTIONS ARE CONSIDERED PRESS RELEASE AS WELL SINCE THERE ARE PRESS AND MEDIA ATTENDEES WITH THE REGULAR ATTENDEES.

12 years 10 months ago #16601

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

TO ADD...

DAVID DID GIVE SOME LIGHT AFTER THE REPORT WAS FOUND. SO KEEPING IT SHORT AND TO THE POINT WITH THE TIDBITS HE GAVE. ASKED ABOUT HIS WORK AND HOW RLAM IS DOING....

HE WAS ASKED TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE SOUNDTRACK A FEW YEARS BACK. CURRENT STATUS OF RLAM, IS UNKNOWN BY HIM.

THAT'S ALL.
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
12 years 10 months ago #16602

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by rtsurfer on topic Re: DAVID ALDO TO WRITE SONGS FOR THE ROBOTECH MOVIE

^Tommy can say all he wants that he never said SR would be out in 2009, it doesn't changed the fact that he apparently said in about two years which is late 2008 to early 2010 so yeah he implied 2009.

"the film should be released about two years from now." - Tommy Yune at Comic Con on 7/27/2007 as reported by ANN

The funny part is... when they put SR on hold that release date no longer mattered yet Tommy and his followers denied he ever tentatively set it, some continue to deny it.

Did he learn his lesson... no, as he set a tentative completion date for the still UNNAMED animation project (rt2011). Sure, he didn't set an exact date and they have been giving themselves wiggle room with the wording since the original announcement last year but some people ( I imagine most who read/heard it actually) took his announcement as implying this project would be completed by AX2011. If HG doesn't announce the project completed or nearing completion at AX or certainly at SDCC, there may be a perception amongst fans that HG let them down once again. And rightly so.

rt2011 may actually be nearing completion and will meet AX2011 but based on Kev's report of HG recently ordering new animation that seems unlikely.

I wonder why HG didn't go ahead and make SR back in 2007? Then HG would have had it in the can and ready to release when WB finally starts production on RTLAM. Now that I think of it, Tommy seemed to be getting angry/aggitated when Chris ask something along these lines on space station liberty.
If you haven't heard this show, it has Kev and Tommy denying, explaining, and spinning, or maybe I should say trying to, interesting listen :laugh:
recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-5988/TS-121901.mp3

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

TO ADD...

DAVID DID GIVE SOME LIGHT AFTER THE REPORT WAS FOUND. SO KEEPING IT SHORT AND TO THE POINT WITH THE TIDBITS HE GAVE. ASKED ABOUT HIS WORK AND HOW RLAM IS DOING....

HE WAS ASKED TO BE INVOLVED WITH THE SOUNDTRACK A FEW YEARS BACK. CURRENT STATUS OF RLAM, IS UNKNOWN BY HIM.

THAT'S ALL.

What exactly did he say? Did he ever write any songs for a RTLAM? Even though he doesn't know the status of RTLAM, is he still supposed to write any songs for it if he hasn't already?
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

rtsurfer's ROBOTECH archive
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by rtsurfer.
12 years 10 months ago #16604

• MEMO1DOMINION
  • Commander
  • Commander

rtsurfer wrote:

What exactly did he say? Did he ever write any songs for a RTLAM? Even though he doesn't know the status of RTLAM, is he still supposed to write any songs for it if he hasn't already?

THAT'S ALL HE SAID. ASKED A LOT BUT JUST GOT THAT IN A NUTSHELL. HE PULLED THE SAME "NOT TELL ALL" TO A SET OF QUESTIONS LIKE TOM ROB SMITH DID.
12 years 10 months ago #16608

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds