Your LAM: Trailer Concepts

• Mark-Warlock
  • Mark-Warlock's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Writer
  • Thank you received: 0

Your LAM: Trailer Concepts was created by Mark-Warlock

Ok so I was over at RT.com and saw a thread posted by Gerardo_Compos about what should be in a LAM trailer for Robotech.

Gerardo_Compos wrote:

Given the quality of the current news, let's try to be more productive here, assuming the news about the only director that commented that the draft script is about the first generation, then this is what I would like to see in the LAM trailer.

I think it should start with the classic: In the year 1999, high above Macross Island in the South Pacific and event......

The film reel scrolling from bottom to top.

SDF-1 Inaugural celebrations.

A veritech in battloid mode, behind a building for coverage after shooting.

A pan of the bridge, as seen from a side, from the window to the back, Lisa, Claudia, Vanessa, Gloval, Kim, Sammy.

An aerial view of Minmei concert.

Roy Fokker supervising the veritech development

Gloval and others investigating inside SDF-1, zoom to their faces of surprise about what they found.

Rings of Saturn and Sara base in Mars.

Keep the Zentraedi a mistery, or at least their size.

SDF-1 splashdown in the Pacific.

I think that will do, any ideas, suggestions and criticism are welcome

--
Saludos
Gerardo Campos

So as many of you know I have a way over active imagination and after reading this I closed my eyes and what is to followed is what I saw.

-Standard green screen "Approved for All Audiences"

Cut to black
Deep orchestral music begins.. WB logo.. followed by assocciated logos and HG USA logo.

fade in to conflict news footage from around the world. (a little grainy with static)

News Anchor V.O. (female British accent)- "UN Forces have launched a new offensive in response to the sinking of 2 US aircraft carriers."

Field Reporter V.O.(standing by a roadside where soldiers pass by in trucks and tanks)- "Morale is high as UN forces here are pushing ahead.... (a low rumble begins).. wait... my god... What's that!"

Cut to close up shot of reporter pointing in the air.

A flash of light begins to white out the screen.. Reporter and others scream in agony. "AHHHhhh...."

Flash shot of crash site (helicopters flying by)...

Flash shot of interior russian sub (Russian Captain ordering torpedos to fire)...

Flash shot of aerial combat between two current fighters (V-22 Raptor engaging Sukhoi Flanker variant)....

Flash shot of Alien ship in space (Long dark green ship passes by camera toward the moon with Earth in the far back ground) ...

Flash shot of UN Vote with all parties raising their right hand..

Cut to scene between Captain Gloval and Dr. Lang. (Both men are in a darkened room, Gloval is standing at a large window stairing out one arm folded behind him, Dr. Lang is standing behind looking at Gloval.

Lang: "The war is over Captain, but I fear we've just begun to fight."

Cut to black

ROBOTECH
The Saga Begins
Summer 2014

So... Let's hear some of your ideas.
A question that sometimes drives me hazy; am I or are the others crazy? - Albert Einstein

Find Mark Warlock now on Facebook.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by Mark-Warlock.
12 years 6 months ago #17433

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds