Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

oh crap, I don't like the sound of this.....

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 5 months ago #1948

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

What happened to Kasdan?

NOTHING.

JUST LOOK AT THE PRODUCTION OF BATMAN DARK KNIGHT AND YOU WILL SEE THE SCHEMATIC OF THAT PRODUCTION IS BEING USED IN ROBOTECH LAM.

THE PRODUCERS HAD HIRED MULTIPLE WRITTERS FOR THAT MOVIE. AS WELL AS IN SPIDERMAN. MULTIPLE WRITTERS WERE ALSO HIRED. I THINK THEY DOING THE SAME FOR RLAM.

MORE WRITTERS MEANS THEY ARE PUTTING MORE MONEY TO MAKE THIS WORK OUT.

KASDAN WROTE THE BACKBONE OF POINT A TO POINT B. MAYBE EVEN LONG STORY THAT CAN TAKE UP TO 2 MOVIES TO TELL. HIRE MORE WRITTERS TO SPICE THINGS UP AND CONCENTRATE ON CHARACTERS AND NOW YOU HAVE A BAD ASS SCRIPT.

YOU GUYS, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

HEHEHE

EDIT TO ADD:

HEY, I REALLY FIGURED THE SCRIPT WOULD BE DONE NEXT YEAR... LIKE MARCH OR SO. THIS IS GOOD NEWS. THAT MEANS THE INITIAL SCRIPT THAT STARTED BACK IN SUMMER IS NOW DONE AND JUST BEFORE THANKS GIVING. HIRE MORE WRITTERS (WB/MAGUIRE PRODUCTIONS PTTING MORE MONEY) AND YOU WILL HAVE THIS DONE IN NO TIME.

WE WILL SOON SEE A DIRECTOR COME ON BOARD JUST AROUND THE CORNER OF THE NEW YEAR.

AND FILMING BY APRIL.

HEHEHE
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
15 years 5 months ago #1950

• Lobizon
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • Bounty Hunter! =☠=
  • Thank you received: 4

Replied by Lobizon on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

MEMO1DOMINION wrote:

JUST LOOK AT THE PRODUCTION OF BATMAN DARK KNIGHT AND YOU WILL SEE THE SCHEMATIC OF THAT PRODUCTION IS BEING USED IN ROBOTECH LAM.

THE PRODUCERS HAD HIRED MULTIPLE WRITTERS FOR THAT MOVIE. AS WELL AS IN SPIDERMAN. MULTIPLE WRITTERS WERE ALSO HIRED. I THINK THEY DOING THE SAME FOR RLAM.

MORE WRITTERS MEANS THEY ARE PUTTING MORE MONEY TO MAKE THIS WORK OUT.

KASDAN WROTE THE BACKBONE OF POINT A TO POINT B. MAYBE EVEN LONG STORY THAT CAN TAKE UP TO 2 MOVIES TO TELL. HIRE MORE WRITTERS TO SPICE THINGS UP AND CONCENTRATE ON CHARACTERS AND NOW YOU HAVE A BAD ASS SCRIPT.

YOU GUYS, THE MORE THE MERRIER.

Check out the IMDb on Spiderman 2 and The Dark Knight below

Spider-Man 2

www.imdb.com/title/tt0316654/fullcredits#writers

The Dark Knight

www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/fullcredits#writers

As MEMO said: THE MORE THE MERRIER

Saludos Lobi ;)
15 years 5 months ago #1953

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians
  • Thank you received: 0

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

Who do you guys want directing how bout a wish list .
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 5 months ago #1954

• Lancer
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Robotech Guru Extraordinaire!

Replied by Lancer on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

Well my wish list would be Mike Nolan, then Michael Bay, then Wochowski Bros. (If you saw Speed racer they really did a good job of the environment and stayed true to the anime feel) and last is the guy who did Xmen 3
"Robotech is God...Robotech is Life"--I said this in the Shadow Chronicles DVD
15 years 5 months ago #1955

• Swampy19
  • Academy Cadet
  • Academy Cadet
  • Hey wasup my fellow micronians

Replied by Swampy19 on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

My heart of hearts would love Alfonso Cuaron to do it i think he could balance the drama and the action and would also be a personal challenge to himself as well .
Robotech Academy hopefull
VF-200 DEMON SHADOW Squadron
1st Liutenant
Call Sign:
Devil
Weapons:
VF-1S
Hanzo Sword
15 years 5 months ago #1957

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

WAS TALKING TO LANCER AND WE FIGURING SINCE ITS A WB PRODUCTION BY USING THE SAME ONES FROM DARK KNIGHT, YOU WOULD FIGURE THEY WOULD USE THE SAME DIRECTOR FROM DARK KNIGHT.

ASSUMING THAT THE DIRECTOR FROM DARK KNIGHT IS NOT BUISY.
15 years 5 months ago #1961

MAV PUT THIS UP IN RT.COM AND SUMMS IT UP PRETTTY WELL

Lawrence Kasdan has finished the first draft according to this article;

www.canmag.com/nw/12820-robotech-miles-millar-alfred-gough

However movie blockbusters such as The Dark Knight and Spiderman 2 had many writers involved and this is mainly due to a novel approach to script writing which involves having the drafts go through many writers, each writer would have their own strengths and weaknesses. Some writers are great in the action department but lack depth in areas such as character development. Others are great in pacing or explaining technical babble to the geek in all of us.

I'm sure Alfred Gough and Miles Millar were hired on to expand on the initial draft that Lawrence Kasdan wrote to see if they can improve in areas and spice it up, adding the icing to the cake so to speak

I'm very sure the first draft of the script that Lawrence Kasdan wrote was done quite well and was exemporary, but what I believe happened was that Warner Bros in their usually novel approach in what they've decided to do was to bring in extra writers on board. Just to tweak and improve the script if they can. This novel approach was done with The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Spiderman 2.

Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are doing for the script writing of the Robotech movie just exactly what they and other writers did for The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Transformers and Spiderman 2.

Don't believe me, well check out the IMDb on Spiderman 2 and The Dark Knight below;

www.imdb.com/title/tt0316654/fullcredits#writers

www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/fullcredits#writers

There are others writers overseening these scripts many of them like Stan Lee are there to keep the story elements as canon as much as possible ie. What Tommy Yune is doing for the Robotech LAM, is what Stan Lee has done for the marvel films. This is not new and people should not be surprise at this approach, in hollywood it works!

You did enjoy Iron Man, Spiderman 2, The Dark Knight and others didnt' you?

As you all know, im sure that Spiderman 2 was the best spiderman movie out of the trilogy so far and the duo of Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and with their writing on Spiderman 2 was well

Left me speechless....

Hmmmm, boy you know this is a good sign. Why do you ask?

First, usually a script can take a very long time, many years in fact just for the first draft. This tells me that Warner Brothers are firing on all cylinders for this project and is running, full steam ahead. Had to hire extra writers as the first draft is complete now is the time to tweak it before pre-production starts.

They want it OUT, and out SOON
I'll leave the rest for YOU to decide...

Have a nice day
15 years 5 months ago #1962

• LadyGrimes
  • Robotech Master
  • Robotech Master
  • Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
  • Thank you received: 947

Replied by LadyGrimes on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

lol Michael Bay...
MICHAEL BAY EXPLOSIONS!!!!!
^ if you've seen the new episodes of Robot Chicken, you'd get the joke ^_^

anyway I'd choose Peter Jackson for the director, he's by far one of my favorites and his movies have yet to fail me.

Thank you @AB for my adorable new avatar! <3
15 years 4 months ago #1968

Replied by x-Foxtrot-x on topic Re:Alfred Gough and Miles Millar to pen LAM???

I hope the movie does well in theaters. Use writers with long term experiences. I don't want to be dissapointed.
\\\\\\\"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal\\\\\\\" -Tupac
15 years 4 months ago #1983

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds