RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

• MaverickLSC
  • MaverickLSC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Thank you received: 3

RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!! was created by MaverickLSC

This is for the Robotech live action movie, what if the director asked for your advice regarding anything on the film.

What would you tell him? ;)
The Sergeant Hartman of Robotech.com
11 years 1 month ago #20039

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

KEEP THE STORY AS CLOSE AS TO ROBOTECH SERIES IS.

CORE STORY:
YEAH, I AM EXPECTING A RE-IMAGINE OF A SORT. LIKE THEY DID WITH GALACTICA OR STAR TREK. SO STARTING FROM MACROSS I WOULD LIKE THE STORY TO BE AS BIG WITH THE CHARACTERS OF THE ROBOTECH SERIES. IF POSSIBLE START FROM CARL MACEKS "ROBOTECH THE GRAPHIC NOVEL". WHERE ZOR GETS RID OF THE SDF1.

MECHA: (AND THIS CAN BE SECOND CHARACTERS)
I CAN SEE TOYS GALORE IN THIS...
SO MAKE IT GOOD. THE MECHA IS JUST AS MUCH AS IMPORTANT AS THE CHARACTERS. INCLUDING THE SDF1. IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT JUST MAKE IT AWESOME. AND ON THE VERITECHS, CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT FOR ONE MADE LIVE ACTION ...

USES MANY PARTS OF THE AMERICAN MILITARY PLANES THAT WE KNOW. DON'T MAKE THE BAYFORMER MOVE OF TRANSFORMATION. JUST KEEP IT SIMPLE FOR IT'S 3 TRANSFORMATION SEQUENCE. AND ZENTRADI ARMOR NEEDS A BETTER USE OF ARMOR. BUT KEEP THE ORGANIC LOOK TO THEM.

CASTING:
I DON'T MIND NEW BLOOD. I EXPECT THIS THING TO BE A SERIES OF MOVIES SO LIKE HARRY POTTER A NEW CAST MIGHT BE NEEDED TO STRING THEM ALONG. TO MUCH NAME WILL RESULT IN TO MUCH ONE LINERS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
11 years 1 month ago #20040

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by Cernex on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

I just REALLY don't want the Bayformers treatment, but that seems unavoidable. If anything, just keep the story as close as possible to the original. If Big West ends up Big West like always, change the names: we won't care and, believe me we WILL recognize who they're supposed to be!
11 years 1 month ago #20041

• Brooklyn-Red-Leg
  • Veritech Fighter
  • Veritech Fighter

Replied by Brooklyn-Red-Leg on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

Simple: do NOTHING that Tommy Yune says and keep as far away from his version of Robotech as one can possibly get. Anyone with half a brain cell left can see the absolute mangling that has gone on under his direction. Instead of fixing the plot holes in the show by logical means, he has gone and introduced more and more via interpretations in the comics and RPG (among other things).
11 years 1 month ago #20045

• Thank you received: 6

Replied by JaesonK on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

Ignore Big West if they complain, but bring Kawamori aboard as a consultant.

Stick to the story, stay true to the characters, don't make the movie about the mechs but do make them authentic.

Watch Transformers and Battleship, then don't do either of those to Robotech.

Use Minucci's theme. Not sure where to go with Minmei's songs.

When in doubt, pull out your Robotech boxset and watch it again.
11 years 1 month ago #20046

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

THEY PRETTY MUCH HAVE THINGS NAILED DOWN.

NOW IN THE INFORMATION THREAD THERE IS A SONG WRITER ALREADY PICKED.

WHAT IF THEY GO GALACTICA ROUTE AND CHANGE GENDER? SAY THE SINGER IS A GUY?

"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by MEMO1DOMINION.
11 years 1 month ago #20055

Replied by treiz on topic Re: RLAM: If the director asked YOU for advice!!!

I' tell him to go big or go home! That and remind him that Robotech is Characters first, scifi second, and pandering never!!!
11 years 1 month ago #20070

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds