• MEMO1DOMINION's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • Thank you received: 114

RECENT NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES was created by MEMO1DOMINION

Maverick_LSC

Lawrence Kasdan has finished the first draft according to this article;

www.canmag.com/nw/12820-robotech-miles-millar-alfred-gough

However movie blockbusters such as The Dark Knight and Spiderman 2 had many writers involved and this is mainly due to a novel approach to script writing which involves having the drafts go through many writers, each writer would have their own strengths and weaknesses. Some writers are great in the action department but lack depth in areas such as character development. Others are great in pacing or explaining technical babble to the geek in all of us.

I'm sure Alfred Gough and Miles Millar were hired on to expand on the initial draft that Lawrence Kasdan wrote to see if they can improve in areas and spice it up, adding the icing to the cake so to speak

I'm very sure the first draft of the script that Lawrence Kasdan wrote was done quite well and was exemporary, but what I believe happened was that Warner Bros in their usually novel approach in what they've decided to do was to bring in extra writers on board. Just to tweak and improve the script if they can. This novel approach was done with The Dark Knight, Iron Man and Spiderman 2.

Alfred Gough and Miles Millar are doing for the script writing of the Robotech movie just exactly what they and other writers did for The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Transformers and Spiderman 2.

Don't believe me, well check out the IMDb on Spiderman 2 and The Dark Knight below;

www.imdb.com/title/tt0316654/fullcredits#writers

www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/fullcredits#writers

There are others writers overseening these scripts many of them like Stan Lee are there to keep the story elements as canon as much as possible ie. What Tommy Yune is doing for the Robotech LAM, is what Stan Lee has done for the marvel films. This is not new and people should not be surprise at this approach, in hollywood it works!

You did enjoy Iron Man, Spiderman 2, The Dark Knight and others didnt' you?

As you all know, im sure that Spiderman 2 was the best spiderman movie out of the trilogy so far and the duo of Alfred Gough and Miles Millar and with their writing on Spiderman 2 was well

Left me speechless....

Hmmmm, boy you know this is a good sign. Why do you ask?

First, usually a script can take a very long time, many years in fact just for the first draft. This tells me that Warner Brothers are firing on all cylinders for this project and is running, full steam ahead. Had to hire extra writers as the first draft is complete now is the time to tweak it before pre-production starts.

They want it OUT, and out SOON
I'll leave the rest for YOU to decide...

Have a nice day

Kevin McKeever

People still belive Jason Gong? Frightening...

For a moment I thought I was in 2002…

But hey its 2009 so lets get into some hard core purist debunking…

Big West also used that ruling to get an injunction against Harmony Gold that bars them from licensing and selling Macross merchandise.

The above statement is 100% false and has no basis in legal reality. I’m surprised that purists still cling on to this a full seven years after its proven a falsehood.

Here is the lowdown…

The litigation in Japan involving Tatsunoko, Big West and Studio Nue does not affect Harmony Gold or its licensees. Harmony Gold is not a party to any legal proceedings. Furthermore, the lawsuit, which was tried in front of a Japanese court, only relates to rights in Japan. Since Harmony Gold’s worldwide rights to Macross exclude Japan, a Japanese judgment does not apply to us.

You may now resume your normal fanboy speculations…

Thank you.

Kevin McKeever
ROBOTECH.com

IN RECENT ANIME L.A. CONVENTION THIS WEEKEND SATURDAY 1-03-2009 NEWS CAME OUT FROM HG IN THE ROBOTECH PANEL STATING THE THE ABOVE WAS CORRECT.

AND ALL ON VIDEO

MAV WAS CORRECT ABOUT THE SCRIPT NOT BEING THROWN AWAY OR SUCH A THING BUT THAT WB IS PUTTING MORE MONEY INTO THE PROJECT ALLOWING FOR MORE WRITTERS.

AS A MATTER OF FACT, TOMMY WENT ON TO SAY THAT
L.K. IS STILL WRITTING THE SCRIPT EVEN WITH NEW WRITTERS ABOARD.

AND ON THE OTHER WAS THE LEGALITY RIGHTS AND THAT WB BIG WIGS AND LAWYERS HAVE COMED THROUGH THE LEGAL ISSUES AND FOUND NO PROBLEM FROM STARTING THE PROJECT IN THE FIRST PLACE JUST LIKE KEVIN FROM HG HAS POSTED RECENTLY.

SO THERE WILL BE NO "WATCHMEN" DISTRIBUTION ISSUES OR THAT LIKE VOLTRON UNABLE TO USE THE LIONS ISUUES THAT CAN EFFECT ROBOTECH PRODUCTION AND WB USSING ALL ITS ELEMENTS.

HAVE A NICE DAY
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
15 years 3 months ago #2005

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:RECENT NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES

Sweet! It's about time we got some hard core no grey area myth busting action. :D This is all pointing to a project on the up, my excitement just jumped way out of here LOL! Thanks for the post MEMO!
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
15 years 3 months ago #2007

• Last_Valk_Standing
  • REF Member
  • REF Member
  • SDF-1 Shellback
  • Thank you received: 2

Replied by Last_Valk_Standing on topic Re:RECENT NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES

waiting for news is hard work LOL
Co-Commander, Vulture Flight 59th Combined Tactical Operations Group (Gamma Wing)

Member of AkL
Huge fan of Attention On Deck website.

Official Reporter for MNN (Macross News Network LOL)
14 years 10 months ago #4191

• Thank you received: 0

Replied by panzertank on topic Re:RECENT NEWS FROM THE FRONT LINES

Well nice to see WB is revving to get RT LAM out onto the Big Screen.

It`s like the military tho for us fans,it`s hurry up & then wait :/ So sit tight & be patient & kick off will be very soon.

Soldier:How long is very soon Sir?
Officer: How longs a piece of string?

All we can do is give our vocal support for the LAM & hope it is seen soon :p

Cheer`s Kevin & BTW I didn`t but all the crap concerning HG. Too much crap against HG from fans or macross bashers to listern to every statement. Read & make your own mind & Know there are fans out there who appreciate both avenues (Macross & RT) & give support to both.

That is all.
14 years 10 months ago #4194

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds