What to do about the Zentreadi going forward?

• X1 Commander
  • Topic Author
  • Micronian
  • Micronian
  • Thank you received: 4

What to do about the Zentreadi going forward? was created by X1 Commander

Personally, I love the Zentreadi. A powerful race of giants created by the power-hungry Robotech Masters both to mine needed minerals to build their empire, then converted to warriors to enforce the rule of the Masters. They then are sent to capture a missing ship containing the secret power of that empire, but upon interacting with the humans that inherited the ship, turn their backs on their own creators. They then become allies and supposedly an important part of human society and military. Unfortunately, they are trapped by legal issues between Harmony Gold and Big West that makes it nearly impossible for them to ever be referenced again by their original name and likely any future reboot of Robotech would likely change much of what we have come to know about them.

So how should the Zentreadi be changed? What aspects can be kept and what aspects will have to be eliminated so as to not face the wrath of legalities? I don't know the legalities of the deal with BW, but I'm reasonably certain that Shadow Chronicles was unable to use the word 'Zentreadi', but instead had to use 'alien' due to this. If it's limited to just the name, this question may be moot, but if it's more than that, then what is safe to keep?
8 years 6 months ago #21435

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 573

Replied by Alpha Bravo on topic What to do about the Zentreadi going forward?

It's questions like these that make me somewhat sympathetic towards HG not doing anything for 30 years.
"Offers that are selected that the deposit paid the amount that we do not decide, or the pool, sipping mulled wine, and in addition you can play table tennis, there is one drawback, I do not have rights." - random spambot (translated)
8 years 6 months ago #21437

• Thank you received: 114

Replied by MEMO1DOMINION on topic What to do about the Zentreadi going forward?

LEGALLY THEY CAN USE IT. THE NAME ZENTRADI THAT IS. IN THE SENTINELS THEY USE THAT WORD WHICH IS OUTSIDE OF THE MACROSS SAGA.

THERE IS NO PROOF OTHER THAN FAN SPECULATION OF WHY IT WAS NOT THERE. THOUGHT HG DID HAVE THE INTENTION TO DISTRIBUTE IT IN JAPAN. WHICH FAILED REGARDLESS TO FIND A DISTRIBUTOR. STILL REMEMBER WHEN THEY CALLED IF MOSPEADA PLUS.
"IF IT DOESN'T EXIST...BUILD IT"
8 years 6 months ago #21438

Time to create page: 0.362 seconds